F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Money back option

I've had enough of this non-finished product, same story every time Codemasters release a new "fantastic" game. All sorts of problems, and they still don't reply, and they still make their customers frustrated.
I cannot play F1 2016, due to the fact, that no matter what I do, I'm not allowed to change anything in the controls menu. No matter what periferals I have connected ( or disconnected ), the game simply doesn't allow me to change anything in the controls ( not even keyboard ). Three patches have arrived, nothing changed. I even tried re-installing the game, after deleting everything, to no avail. I did buy this game before release-day, because stupid old me really believed that this time it would be something else. I own all the previous titles in the F1 series from Codemasters, and have had troubles with them all, but none as severe as with this one.
So in my book, you have two options ; Either you deliver a working product, or you give me my money back. My guess is that you're gonna have to do the latter...

Flipside said:
I've had enough of this non-finished product, same story every time Codemasters release a new "fantastic" game. All sorts of problems, and they still don't reply, and they still make their customers frustrated.
I cannot play F1 2016, due to the fact, that no matter what I do, I'm not allowed to change anything in the controls menu. No matter what periferals I have connected ( or disconnected ), the game simply doesn't allow me to change anything in the controls ( not even keyboard ). Three patches have arrived, nothing changed. I even tried re-installing the game, after deleting everything, to no avail. I did buy this game before release-day, because stupid old me really believed that this time it would be something else. I own all the previous titles in the F1 series from Codemasters, and have had troubles with them all, but none as severe as with this one.
So in my book, you have two options ; Either you deliver a working product, or you give me my money back. My guess is that you're gonna have to do the latter...
It seems that you can't get your money back.For me it's the best f1 game(it is more fun than pcars).

Flipside said:
Don't be harsh.

Surely you can Map whatever controls you want on a PC?!? If you cant then is this a problem that all PC users have? If not then I guess it could be your PC of some sort, other than that there are plenty of programs that allow you to map your own controls... Just give Google a search.

Have you tried maybe PM one of the CM guys here on the forum and let them know you have (what seem's) a serious problem? You might get some attention to your problem.

keep it civil though, it helps.

In order to change the controls, enter the game options > Settings > Customise Controls. From there, you have to create a custom preset. This is done by pressing 'X' if you're using an Xbox controller. Once you have the custom preset you will be able to scroll through the controls and set new bindings.

lol                                                                                               

And here I am, happier than ever because this years game is finally what I've been wanting.
If you're this salty you should look elsewhere for games.

Cheers.

Flipside said:
Whether you get your money back isn't up to Codemasters I'm afraid, that's a matter for whoever sold you the game.

Who is stopping you from returning it? 

If it doesn't work for you, just take it back to where you got it if physical or claim for a refund from whatever storefront you bought it from whether Steam/Xbox/Playstation in UK/EU. If in the US you might have a more complicated time.

hey flips ......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PIckHrZ0o

this is clearly not a problem with the game its an isolated event... my advice would be to buy a console.  Things like this will be the cost of a better experience on the pc and this years game is by far the best ever
lol you turd

11 characters too short ;)

If you purchased on steam and haven't played the game for than 2 hours you can request a refund.

having said that, are you sure it's not something up with your setup? Are you choosing Customize preset as Britpoint suggests?

This years game is the best so far, by quite a margin.

Maybe I was a little harsh, but trying for this long to get things to work, can make anyone a little desperate. I don't really want my money back, I just wanna play the game. But thank you for your suggestions, I have already tried those, and many more....but it is kinda odd, I have no problems in any other racing-game (still including Codemaster's previous releases)...

Flipside said:
Maybe I was a little harsh, but trying for this long to get things to work, can make anyone a little desperate. I don't really want my money back, I just wanna play the game. But thank you for your suggestions, I have already tried those, and many more....but it is kinda odd, I have no problems in any other racing-game (still including Codemaster's previous releases)...
What stuff do you have? PC wise.

Core i7 2600k 3,40ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce GTX970, Win10 64. A G27 with a roso-wheel on top (SLI-Pro), three monitors Samsung Syncmaster p2770.

PumaSpec said:
Surely you can Map whatever controls you want on a PC?!? If you cant then is this a problem that all PC users have? If not then I guess it could be your PC of some sort, other than that there are plenty of programs that allow you to map your own controls... Just give Google a search.
                                            Hmmm.....wonder what this could be!!!