Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PC Patch Notes - 05/09/2016

We're releasing a new patch on PC, here's what's been fixed:

-     Performance improvements for AMD graphics cards.

-     Fixed a potential crash when rebinding controls on unsupported controllers.

-     Fix for rain beads shimmering when Weather Effects is set to High or Ultra High.

-     Fix for Logitech G29 LED lights not functioning.

-     Fixed a problem where selected files were not opening in Steam Workshop at the start of a race.

-     Added Audio Accessibility option to the Advanced Audio Settings menu.

-     Fixed a problem where the turbo could be heard on stationary cars.

-     Further stability improvements.

Questions, bugs you spot, or things not acting as they should, please let us know.

Sorry but what does this do?
Added Audio Accessibility option to the Advanced Audio Settings menu
I'm guessing that's the option to adjust the turbo whine level that they said they was coming.

I'm guessing that's the option to adjust the turbo whine level that they said they was coming.
he could just - i dunno - start the game and check ;)

-     Performance improvements for AMD graphics cards.

And Nvidia? We do actually need some. Been threads posted specifically referencing issues related to graphics performance.

he could just - i dunno - start the game and check ;)

guess that would be too easy for him :p

With V-Sync OFF at High settings, I got a ~35 fps boost (from 40 fps to 75 fps average) on a R9 285, but I still get incredible fps drop on the main straights (about 45 fps drops and chopping a lot).

Running Medium settings with V-Sync ON, Mirrors Low, Texture Streaming Low and Vehicle Reflections Low, I get a solid 60fps with a 7fps drop on the main straights, which is more than I hoped for!

Great job Codies!

Please readjust the time gap that exists between the difficulties Hard >> Expert  and Expert>> Legend.  It's really too big a difference, being possible for example be among the first with a Sauber in difficulty hard, but impossible to go to q2 with a Mercedez on expert difficulty. I googled and saw several players with the same complaint. I'm sure if the expert difficulty, increasing the time between 1.5 and 2.5 seconds in the target time of pratices and qualifications and 1 second on the average race laps would be much more balanced and fun. Thank you!

Haven't had any problems with the game since launch night, but ever since today's update my game crashes after finishing a race in career mode (in this case Hungary GP) Really annoying to have the screen turn black when it's supposed to advance to the race's results and then the game just closes down altogether. 

Since this update there's been a few problems... AI in control of my car on flying lap they crash into the wall in monaco before i get control and in the replay i can't flashback so have to abort the session. When i am in control of the car and i crashed when replay came up, black screen but the hud was still there... when i take a flashback the game is then black screen with hud and sound just can't see anything. :/

Hi to all as tell another user this is more and more important for realism

For starters, they could have a serious physics overhaul: 

Introduction of wind, and how it affects the aero and balance of a car 

There could be more mechanical failures like suspension, gearbox, and each separate engine component, which would tie in to having a maximum of 5 engines in a season, and allow there to be an introduction of engine and gearbox penalties, which can also be strategically applied e.g. Hamilton in Spa 

Ability to have free choice of tyres to cater for a certain type of weekend, instead of the preset Softer, Balanced and Harder

The teams are able to turn the engines up and down as well as the driver, so it would be great to have a feature like that, where the engineer could say: ''Our engine wear levels are optimal, so we are turning the engine up to allow you to catch the car in front/ pull a gap'' or ''We are seeing possible wear to the engine, we will be turning it down to prevent excessive wear, power will be down''

The damage model could be made more realistic, driving over sausage kerbs, speed bumps and gravel damages the floor and therefore affects aero performance, when wheels lock with AI, suspension damage is done instead of becoming stuck to them

ivo63 said:
[...]
The teams are able to turn the engines up and down as well as the driver, so it would be great to have a feature like that, where the engineer could say: ''Our engine wear levels are optimal, so we are turning the engine up to allow you to catch the car in front/ pull a gap'' or ''We are seeing possible wear to the engine, we will be turning it down to prevent excessive wear, power will be down''
[...]
The Teams are NOT able to turn the engines up and down! Pit to car telemetry is not permitted.

Hi Another very important thing in the cockpit view allow the driver's head to follow the right left curves

Any chance of a fix for the issues that many of us have been experiencing with missed gearshifts whilst using the CSR Elite on PC?

Any chance of a fix for the issues that many of us have been experiencing with missed gearshifts whilst using the CSR Elite on PC?
I am getting this also on a Fanatec Clubsport v1 with F1 Rim

Wow great patch guys. Specifically the AMD gpu improvements. Previously on my old HD 7850 I was getting 35fps average with everything set to low or off, but after this patch  I'm getting 56fps average on the benchmark. I even bumped up a lot of the settings to medium or even high and have close to a solid 60fps so great job. Only thing I'd want now is some progress with the expert>legend difficulty chasm. 

I noticed one weird glitch. It happened two time to me. The first time it happened was before latest patch and second time just moments ago.
When it happened first I was running fourth a long way behind the leader and other cars. the cars behind were catching me and on the finish line the real difference between me and fifth Bottas was only few thousands of a second. When I crossed the line it dropped me into fifth (I didn't have any time penalty), but also moved Bottas into first a whole lap ahead of the rest of the field.
The second time wasn't really different except track, my position (6th), the weather (light rain). I don't know what is that. I remember I had a contact between me and their cars on the finish line, but it wouldn't promote them into first, would it?
Well, I hope something could be done, because it's really weird glitch.

@jennyannem
Any ETA on the arrival of the equivalent patch for Xbox One? 

pijin said:
@jennyannem
Any ETA on the arrival of the equivalent patch for Xbox One? 

If it's anything like the ps4 patch I hope they reject it. If not and its fine most likely at the end of the week.

I must be missing something here. Someone else asked about "Added Audio Accessibility option to the Advanced Audio Settings menu," and got some unhelpful responses. The setting has "On" and "Off." What does "On" mean? What does "Off" mean? Is it supposed to open something else up to give further adjustments?