Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Online is broken... (PS4)

So, the update patch 1.03. Great! Look at all the new features for PS4 and also all those patches for multiplayer, what could possibly go wrong... 

Oh yeah, the online is broken...

Tonight we (me and the people I race in a league with) wanted to practice Hungary (because it's out first race). 

We did the normal no practice, short qualifying and a 50% race. 

We got into qualifying and not too long into the session about two minutes, the hosts game crashes, then a few other. When they tried to join back, they would have to keep on spamming the square button to get back into their car.

Then a few minutes later, the lobby was completely broken. I tried to leave the garage, but I was stuck in the garage and I couldn't go anywhere (but my engine was running).

While that was happening, someone in the same lobby said that they were controlling another person's car. And this is true and can happen because I've seen a video on YouTube on this.

We tried another two times using full qualifying and one shot qualifying and the exact same thing happened each time, with the hosts game crashing every single time. 

About 8 people got into a race (from about 20 people) and even the on track racing seemed a bit off to say the least...

The game would say I was in P1 one lap (which I was not) and the next lap say I was in P7 (which I was not in as well). 

When racing with others you can see their front wheels twitching which never used to happen. 

Also when I overtook a AI car (that was going very slowly) off track it said I should give back the position but the PSN ID of the player was incorrect to the car I overtook. 

Lastly the cars seems very odd they don't seem like they're connected to the ground and they seem a bit floaty, which they weren't before.

To sum it all up, online is unplayable on the PS4 after the patch 1.03 and if you're racing in a league then God be with you...

Online is broken as hell now. I just don't understand how it's possible to create so many problems with a f*cking patch that is supposed to fix things. Sorry for not providing any useful information but this has really pissed me off since I'm a staff member on AOR and we were very close to start up the leagues. 

You better fix this quickly...

We've had the same thing happen tonight, compelet joke it has become.
Here's what we had:
Hosts are constantly blue screened in multiplayer lobbies. 3 different hosts for our lobby tonight, all crashed after a few minutes in qualy. When I went out for a lap, it seemed no one was out on track and then they all appeared out of nowhere. 

Spectating other cars - they slide all over the road (lagg)
- they also have jazz hands (it literally looks hilarious join a mp lobby and watch their hands)

All cars apart from Renault Force India and Manor have their driver helmets too small (literally 2x smaller)

T cam cameras have been adjusted and are now horrible. Helmets are not to be seen on most cars.

That's all we've discovered so far, game has become much worse right now, online sometimes unplayable. It needs to be fixed, or just go back to before this patch. 1.02 was 10x better than 1.03

Jthorn97 said:
Online is broken as hell now. I just don't understand how it's possible to create so many problems with a f*cking patch that is supposed to fix things. Sorry for not providing any useful information but this has really pissed me off since I'm a staff member on AOR and we were very close to start up the leagues. 

You better fix this quickly...

Agreed mate, it's so annoying considering the league I'm I'm starts next week. I can't understand how Codemasters can break the online in a update considering it was pretty much fine before and playable. Not happy at all. 

Had a look at online since I had seen others have had issues. I can agree that it's a mess. 
Exactly mate, everyone is having problems with the online. 

We would start tommorow with our leagues, here we had the hype because the game was actually working fine! Now new patch and we're back to F1 2015 style issues

So I spent 10 minutes off testing online on PS4 now when everyone said it has been broken. First I was stuck at loading screen forever when trying to join a few lobbies. Then I finally joined a lobby where we were 7 people and more people were joining. Suddenly we just had a full lobby but 4 of us couldn't press the ready button and the small loading icon on the left were stuck for us. Most of the drivers had pressed ready though but nothing happened until I was kicked from the lobby. Then I finally did a race but everyone was ghosted. Not sure if collisions were set to off or not. 

Sorry for the messy post but I'm quite pissed. 

Faunus01 said:
We've had the same thing happen tonight, compelet joke it has become.
Here's what we had:
Hosts are constantly blue screened in multiplayer lobbies. 3 different hosts for our lobby tonight, all crashed after a few minutes in qualy. When I went out for a lap, it seemed no one was out on track and then they all appeared out of nowhere. 

Spectating other cars - they slide all over the road (lagg)
- they also have jazz hands (it literally looks hilarious join a mp lobby and watch their hands)

All cars apart from Renault Force India and Manor have their driver helmets too small (literally 2x smaller)

T cam cameras have been adjusted and are now horrible. Helmets are not to be seen on most cars.

That's all we've discovered so far, game has become much worse right now, online sometimes unplayable. It needs to be fixed, or just go back to before this patch. 1.02 was 10x better than 1.03
Everything what you said has effected EVERYONE in my lobby that I was in today, an absolute joke

Joke of a game. 

How can they make the game worse? It's beyond belief. It's unbelievable.

The game was actually very solid before so I just don't believe it.

If you question my faith, I'd still believe. 

Really dont understand how this game went from almost perfect online to completely unplayable with 1 patch, thats pretty impressive. Really frustrating for AOR, we were just about ready to get going after working hard to get everything set up. 

Right, firstly, just moved this to Technical Assistance.

Secondly, just so I can get an idea, how many of you were part of the 18/19 people that played a multiplayer game on Hungary 50%, where you tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice?

Faunus01 said:
1.02 was 10x better than 1.03

It was a more than 10 times better. 

It was cars being invisible and jumping around the map (One jumped from the pitlane to like sector two in Hungary ahead of me before jumping behind me), people being kicked and being unable to join, hosts having problems. Leagues are just about to start and now this happens. It's a joke. On AOR, we have enough people interested for about five tiers, but people will quickly lose interest if they online is broken. Happened with 2015 and can happen again if the problems aren't fixed ASAP

Secondly, just so I can get an idea of things, how many of you were part of the 18/19 people that played a multiplayer game on Hungary 50%, where you tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice?
Apologies for posting in the wrong section (I'm new using this forum).

We tried short qualifying once, one shot qualifying once and full qualifying once. There was about 17-20 players in total and the same thing happened each time, with the hosts F1 2016 game crashing (my game crashes in one of the sessions too).

Hope this answers your question. 

Secondly, just so I can get an idea, how many of you were part of the 18/19 people that played a multiplayer game on Hungary 50%, where you tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice?

I was one of them!

Faunus, TigerKart and I were in the Hungary lobby.

It wasn't just one lobby. It is the whole online that seems to be broken. I saw people complaining about it so I thought I tested it myself and after 10 minutes I really got the feeling that it was much more unstable than before. Check my post further up where I explain what I experienced. 

7thGearRL said:

Sorry mate, I don't know who you are and I don't think you raced with me in that lobby...

7thGearRL said:

Sorry mate, I don't know who you are and I don't think you raced with me in that lobby...
There were two different lobbies we are talking about here, coincidence that we were both at Hungary.

7thGearRL said:

I think you must of been a different league. We did a PSGL pre season race and we tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice. I'm also AOR so this is hugely frustrating as this is will be my only source of league racing soon!

Faunus01 said:
7thGearRL said:

There were two different lobbies we are talking about here, coincidence that we were both at Hungary.
Yeah haha, I think she replied to my first comment 

7thGearRL said:

I think you must of been a different league. We did a PSGL pre season race and we tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice. I'm also AOR so this is hugely frustrating as this is will be my only source of league racing soTigerkart2201 said:
7thGearRL said:

I think you must of been a different league. We did a PSGL pre season race and we tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice. I'm also AOR so this is hugely frustrating as this is will be my only source of league racing soon!

Yeah I'm in a different league, she was replying to me I think lol

Faunus01 said:
Doesn't matter, we're all in the same boat. It's affecting us all. 
Obviously lol, but I just wanted to get that straight so Jenny doesn't get confused because you made it seemed like we were in the same lobby lol