Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Online is broken... (PS4)

Right, firstly, just moved this to Technical Assistance.

Secondly, just so I can get an idea, how many of you were part of the 18/19 people that played a multiplayer game on Hungary 50%, where you tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice?
You better fix this by Sunday at 6pm.. :/

Secondly, just so I can get an idea, how many of you were part of the 18/19 people that played a multiplayer game on Hungary 50%, where you tried full qualifying twice and short qualifying twice?
It's not just that race. It's the entire online that's become unplayable now. Spectating someone's car you can control and watching people's hands twitch so much. We have a league starting in 3 weeks :(

@Lozzy @Jennyannem Found the same thing here on PS4, it's become unplayable after the patch unfortunately. Blue screen crashes, lobbies getting stuck in 'waiting for players' screen, several minute waits after retirements and the formation lap before moving on, a lot of disconnects, invisible cars, random penalties under SC, random flags being shown, 40 second pit stops.. This all happened in one night during several attempts in different lobbies to host a league test race.. we had to abandon it eventually.

Really hope something can be done about this soon, because there weren't nearly as many problems before the patch, something's definitely broken. 

kingmjj said:

It's not just that race. It's the entire online that's become unplayable now. Spectating someone's car you can control and watching people's hands twitch so much. We have a league starting in 3 weeks :(
I think she knows it isn't just my lobby... And my league starts this week mate...

For the love of god please find a way to allow a beta group of players to test patches before release to general public.

Surely you/steam/Sony/Microsoft can make patches available to specific PSN, X1, Steam IDs

There needs to be better testing before releasing patches. Like, seriously!

This really is unacceptable.

Going to do a 25% public lobby right now. Documenting findings. 
Players: 10
Car: Red Bull 

I had decided to spectate as I was having an abysmal race and blue screened around halfway through. 

Issues: 
Helmets as stated. 
Sub 1 minute laptimes
0 second laptimes
Steering in spectator mode looking like on a keyboard.
Blue screened in middle of race

5 days till my league starts. 

Please fix this NOW, it's embarrassing for your game and for our league, we might have to postpone. 

I dunno how Codemasters manage to continuously fuck up stuff, you're getting quite a reputation for being shit. 

You surprised us all for 3 weeks, actually made a fantastic game with minimal bugs, and now you've gone and ballsed it up. 

Sorry to be negative but it's a joke. 

Sort it out or let someone else make the game next year. 

This is outragious! It seems a common theme in todays games. Im afraid we will have to wait another year and hope for the best.. Jezus Christ

Patch notes - stability fixes
yeah right, dream on

The next thing is, in public Lobbies, the countdown timer always resets if a player joins/ leaves. Although there are still more than 50% ready. 
This is ridiculous. It took nearly 10 minutes to get a game started. And then wow. The lobby was full, nice. unless I got a blue screen after loading the game. 

Nice 10 minutes of waiting for nothing. 

GET IT FIXED!

You know how it says 'online and other network features will be disabled until you install the latest update' when you try to start the game? well that should have not gone away even after the update was installed.

This is abysmal. So pissed when I got the message on PSGL saying all league activities have been delayed until we get an anti-patch for this patch. My first race was tonight. 

But anyway, in spectator mode, the tires are  either straight of on full lock. It's lovely seeing a car go nuts in a straight line. Retirements are a complete farce. The number of player that get stuck with the 'circle' icon when joining a lobby is insane. 

On the positive side, I like the fact that now you see your fuel load for the race in the fuel mix adjustment tab. Also the fact that now I have the option not to repair the front wing if I am wanting to come for a drive through penalty. \

Please have this fixed ASAP. Who am I kidding, I think this is only going to be read by other league players. Codies will be patting themselves on the back for a job well f*****.

Having similar issues.

A friend started an online session, Austria, 50 % race, no qualifying, no practice, legend AI, 17 human players + AI to full the grid. The host's game crashes in the very early laps of the race. I finished the first race. Tried again with the same settings. Host crashes again in the very early laps of the race and my game crashed after few laps.

This is a showstopper bug and needs immediate attention + fix as one of the crucial features of the game is not playable.

Have to say I really liked the previous version and considered it the best F1 game so far. Really enjoyed it. It is crucial you address this issue as soon as possible since most people seem to have the same issue.

Edit: Added details of the environment

Platform: PS4
Type: Online race
Team / Driver: Ferrari / Kimi Raikkonen
Track: Austria
Length: 50 %
Practice: No
Qualifying: No
Safety Car: Yes
Formation lap: No
Damage: Full
Corner cutting: Normal
Weather: Dynamic (race started as dry)
Assists: Allowed (Enabled: Pit assist, TC on medium, others off)
Issue: The whole game crashes, the console remains operational
Other notes: Lots of human players (15-17), rest of the grid filled with Expert AI

Just to let you know we are currently investigating what is going on here. We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates for you.

Hoo said:
Just to let you know we are currently investigating what is going on here. We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates for you.
Thank you very much for looking into the issues we are having :smile:

The online part of the game is broken now in PS4.
We tried to host a race with more than 10 people. Lots of people are getting game force close error messages (the blue screen ones). Every time we moved from lobby to qualifying or race at least 5 or 6 people got one of those. This is unplayable now. AT least there was some stability with the previous patch. Multiplayer championships cannot be held now. Games crashes a lot.

We even got force close errors while being in the lobby. Please fix this or remove the latest patch. 

Hoo said:
Please fix it by Sunday..

What has happened? 1.02 online was nearly perfect. Now it's riddled with bugs. The main ones I've had is spectating other cars. Their hands go out of control when steering and the wheels
also go with it. Cars also are going diagonally like they're drifting. Also seems to be much more lag. Car icons jumping around the map and massive PITLANE glitches. 

HiNDLE said:
Cars also are going diagonally like they're drifting. 
This. So annoying; following my friend on Multiplayer and his car looks like it's crab walking

Another glitch I just had online in race was that I was suddenly put in neutral after going full throttle in 7 gear on a straight. Then boom, me standing still on track ghositing in neutral

Yesterday we did about 6 25% races one-shot with 8-10 people in them and they all were fine.  The host did not get a blue screen though, so maybe that is what is causing the issue.  Blue sceen and lobby size? failure to migrate host correctly?

It's not rocket science ffs. Remove 1.03, give  us bsck 1.02. 

Test 1.03(because you clearly never did) and give it back to us in 2-3 weeks. 

Codemasters are an embarrassment to the gaming community. 

Faunus01 said:
Another glitch I just had online in race was that I was suddenly put in neutral after going full throttle in 7 gear on a straight. Then boom, me standing still on track ghositing in neutral
This happens on career now. Was viewing a replay and got forced back into Neutral