Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Online is broken... (PS4)

Hey,

Just to give you guys an update on this! Firstly, thank you for your patience with us, and thanks for all the information you've given us.

We've found and fixed an issue that caused frequent host crashes with knock-on consequences that included additional lag, positional errors and sessions stalling. We're also still going through your reports to see if we can identify additional issues that you've raised.

We've submitted an update to Sony and we hope to have this released as soon as possible

thanks Jenny, I guess we are looking at sometime next week for the patch then?

Please check it before realease i cannot understand you didnt before the first patch probably you have no tool to simulate?

Just happened twice to me while hosting a league race. Not cool. Short qualifying, 100% distance at Spain. 15 of us in the lobby.

Oddly, I got a ton of online in on patch day (after updating obviously) and it was completely fine >_>

Got both times on stream. Shows the whole sliding around thing that some people have mentioned too, raced with most of these guys since 2012's game so I'm fairly confident that isn't them making the car do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmfh18z4Ks0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBQfsD_5Pw8

Bcolt93 said:

Hey,

Just to give you guys an update on this! Firstly, thank you for your patience with us, and thanks for all the information you've given us.

We've found and fixed an issue that caused frequent host crashes with knock-on consequences that included additional lag, positional errors and sessions stalling. We're also still going through your reports to see if we can identify additional issues that you've raised.

We've submitted an update to Sony and we hope to have this released as soon as possible

thanks Jenny, I guess we are looking at sometime next week for the patch then?
Probably a day or 2. It's been submitted to Sony already. Expect it before Friday 

Not getting any issues online here. Did some online practice with some league boys a couple nights ago. No issues except cars are moving along at a slight angle compared with the direction the car is going (if that makes sense). Just done 15 man grids with random people and had no issues not even any lag. As far as online stability goes, just not seeing the issues that others are reporting. As far assists being OP... that is another matter.

Not getting any issues online here. Did some online practice with some league boys a couple nights ago. No issues except cars are moving along at a slight angle compared with the direction the car is going (if that makes sense). Just done 15 man grids with random people and had no issues not even any lag. As far as online stability goes, just not seeing the issues that others are reporting. As far assists being OP... that is another matter.

What console?

Swift747 said:

What console?

PS4.

We had a test race yesterday with eight drivers (PS4) and all worked fine for six drivers. Other two had other cars going a bit sideways and one of those got an disconnection. 

I'm getting the cars going sideways issue but afaik its doing that offline is it not? In terms of online stability I havnt had an issue since the patch. Are all the issues down to laggy hosts?

I'm getting the cars going sideways issue but afaik its doing that offline is it not? In terms of online stability I havnt had an issue since the patch. Are all the issues down to laggy hosts?
I don't think so, we tried several hosts with good connections, and we all live in the The Netherlands and Belgium so that can't be it. We've seen the weirdest things, random cars driving the wrong way through the pit lane, cars teleporting back after the start and causing crashes etc, positions wrong,game crashes and long waits between sessions etc.

Happy they've been able to identify and hopefully fix the issue, fingers crossed all will be fine again once it releases :)  

So this is the state of online (PS4) watch the whole 1st race. 2nd race is completely fine. 

P.s look at the mini map. 

https://youtu.be/Dk1FTSmpXdQ

HiNDLE said:
So this is the state of online (PS4) watch the whole 1st race. 2nd race is completely fine. 

HOLY SHIT BALLS CHECK OUT THE MINI MAP HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HiNDLE said:

HOLY **** BALLS CHECK OUT THE MINI MAP HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
WTF !!! 

Good Job Codie's. 

You our just forgot, to tell us in the change log, that you want us to stop online racing and to enjoy the sun. 

Thats is why you included the massive bugs in multiplayer. This is an awesome feature. 

HiNDLE said:

HOLY **** BALLS CHECK OUT THE MINI MAP HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Absolutely crazy lol so many blue dots. 

Please fix the safety car, keep gettin multiple drive through penalties or dqs for no reason. Something has to be done, you took a perfectly good game and ruined it

What have they arranged?  The online does not work correctly. My question is:

CAN YOU ARRANGE THIS PROBLEM.

I am very angry with his work. You laugh at us. Please 1.02 return the patch.

Codies, why have we got several sticky's regarding the online problem? It's a nightmare trying to find answers to the problem , this thread seems to be the one most people are going to to try and get an answer , so why not stick'y this? You said earlier in this thread that you had identified several online problems which , in your words, you had now fixed, but now swift747 says it's still broken after patch 1.04, you need to let us know what is going on , we need some kind of response.

Madmaz116 said:
Codies, why have we got several sticky's regarding the online problem? It's a nightmare trying to find answers to the problem , this thread seems to be the one most people are going to to try and get an answer , so why not stick'y this? You said earlier in this thread that you had identified several online problems which , in your words, you had now fixed, but now swift747 says it's still broken after patch 1.04, you need to let us know what is going on , we need some kind of response.

I've lost all hope at the moment. My league is meant to start on Sunday but I doubt that'll happen. Now we need 1.05.. It's a joke :(

Online on PS4 is much better for me now after patch 1.04. There were still a couple of smaller issues, but none of the game crashes, disconnects and sync problems!