Sign in to follow this  

Apparently it is your fault.

If you are at a higher level and lower level players smash into you, run you off the track, use your rear bumper for they're brakes, and all because you either played more or got the game earlier. And Gawd forbid you give this treatment back to them. 

This is why I never race online. SP only for me with racing games, I'd rather race the ai than online idiots.

Operator1 said:

Maybe they learned "racing" from the AI.

I thought it sometimes when i play.....if some people new in Grid or racing games takes this as an example they are gonna do what their think it should be "right". This weird IA in AS can change the point of view..XD. The fisrt time i played AS i couldn´t believe that i was offline!! :p

Salute.

The biggest inspiration for this little rant was on last night (U.S.). Playing in the Migila's at Autosport. This guy is starting up front, I am in the back. He slams me in the side as am inside of him on a straight on the 1st of 5 laps. I try to get back on befiore the turn comes up & BAM!! I get again. This time knocking me completely in the weeds. So the next big turn I am right behind and shoot to the inside tries to block & I do not slow down to stay off of him & knock him in the weeds. And of course I get the message "Dirty CUN Toledo. So I sent back "You started it, I finished it".

Next race is Bathurst in The Cooper's he brake checked me until I wrecked again, & slammed me around when I tried to pass. So I waited until the last turns in the mountains, and just pinned him between the wall and me and took off. He tried to get me in the last turn on the 90° corner onto the main straight. He missed me and slams into the wall. I still finished 3rd & had quick time by 1.5 seconds w/a busted up car. 

Then Indy Club Circuit (the best & last race) he still starts in front of me. He slows down to wait for me and go flying past, then here he comes & BAM! he slams into me on the 1st low speed corner. So I drive away. Then the next set of turns going into the esse's. He tries to run into me again and fails miserably, I went on to get to 3rd and set quick time again, by 2 seconds. 

All this time he tries to vote me out of the room, with only his vote. Someone else started a vote on him and I voted against him too. He was almost out at a 4/5th's vote. The next & my last race we had a server screw up and had to dashboard. So I just shut it off and did something else. 

I don't what I did, other than give it back to someone who can dish it out but obviously, cannot take it. This is about the 5th of these type of run-ins.

if more codemasters employees played online with the general public they'd see what a mess they make of every single multiplayer online system every single time, it beggars belief they never learn from there own mistakes.

I am not going to play the name & shame game. Because I feel he did an excellant job of this on his own.

From a different player in a different lobby I was told the reason why he was slamming into to me and blocking me. Was because I was a higher level. 

@SamuelTrautman Yes, Colonel that may be helpful but I do not know what Codies can really do about it. This guy drew first blood not me!

Most gamers online have no sportsmanship, win or lose.

If they win, they talk trash & try to make their opponents miserable.
If they lose, they talk trash & try to make their opponents miserable.

They don't play online to have a good time with others.
They play online to feel superior by showing off & disrespecting others.
Apparently trolling & griefing are the "cool" things to do.

The more people get socially connected through technology, the more antisocial people get.

I was driving last night and had an Aussie run into the back of me spinning me, and I accused him of wrecking me and he told me I was a Dirty Driver with a very Filthy mouth... Is that how Australians brake using other peoples bumpers???  :\

Perhaps they should get rid of the Flags, because some people online are a very poor representative for their countrymen. 

listen guys I will give you a tip for dealing with those dreaded guys you talk of, I used this when I played f1 2013,,,ok the guys right behind you, he tries to bump you from behind, coming onto the straight let him pull alongside of you and try to enter the next corner side by side,,,wait for it,,,, press the pause button,,,,,,1 second later press it again and watch him spin round and round in the rear view....for some reason when you press pause the car becomes invinsible and bounces any car next to you off into the tyre barrier lol I found this out by  a mistake but I assure you it works a treat :D

forgot to say this so I will edit it in, make sure he is on the racing line and your are off it to the inside!

yep FOSTBITTEN had the same 4-5 races in a row with a guy always starting infront. i'd make clean progress through the pack and get with the guy. i can see he stuffs his line so i pass clean on the apex then next corner or two later i brake for turn on decent line and he slams straight into back corner of my motor seemingly forgetting his car has brakes, resulting in my ca!r handling being ruined for the rest of race and he drives on. even happened more than once in the same race. but when he was in front his brakes work great, funny that. then when i called him out apparently im the dirty git. he got voted out

I have been hitting flashback just before I get slammed too. Apparently this works well in making them slam into the wall at full speed too. And it is fun because you get to see them do it becuz most of the time you are behind them when you come back in :D

I love noobs. They're so funny. Coming up with every excuse they can to beat someone but unable to take it themselves.

yeah they don't like it when you turn the tables on them, my policy on racing online is this, race clean until someone is dirty to you, then don't hold back, if he spins me round I will wait a lap and end his race, then follow him about into different lobbies hounding him until he logs off. its the only way to deal with them as they don't like there own medicine so much,,, but always race clean unless provoked then its fair game and forget all those who say you are just as bad as them as its the only way to teach them unfortunately

A lot of people like to say "rubbin' is racin'" but they often seem to change their tune when they get "rubbed" the wrong way.

My policy is to do my best to race clean at all times - even when others are not. I want to race, not ram cars. Wrecking someone who wrecked me is not racing & it provides me with no satisfaction (and it would probably hurt my lap time & finishing position). Not only that, but if someone happens to be recording the race for YouTube or to report rammers, I'd look just as guilty as other wreckers & if I was bashing about.

Operator1 said:

The more people get socially connected through technology, the more antisocial people get.

Same as real driving really. If people are insulated by big boxes of metal they will shout abuse that they would never dare face to face with someone. When competing on line there are even less cues for you to come to terms with the fact that you are racing with real people. This is why text chat and communication methods are so important.

The solution to this is as many people have said before. Find the type of people you want to race with and race with them only. Devs should make sure tools are in place in on line play to help make this process happen.

dirt3joe said:
Operator1 said:

Same as real driving really. If people are insulated by big boxes of metal they will shout abuse that they would never dare face to face with someone. When competing on line there are even less cues for you to come to terms with the fact that you are racing with real people. This is why text chat and communication methods are so important.

The solution to this is as many people have said before. Find the type of people you want to race with and race with them only. Devs should make sure tools are in place in on line play to help make this process happen.

That's what the impact rating system is for but it doesn't work. I always come across tons of white-icon players that are complete and utter tools - and have white icons simply because they've hit so many people that everyone left the lobby and they start first or second.

I'm looking at you, SHEZZAN. o.ó

It is pretty annoying, but I guess people play the game for different reasons. If I get rammed constantly I just leave and look for something more fun. I remember I was at Brands Hatch, got taken out at turn 1, came back through the field and as I passed for 2nd place this sore looser decided to randomly tag my rear down a straight. I was like 'argh!'. Then I left and had fun haha :wink:

If you are at a higher level and lower level players smash into you, run you off the track, use your rear bumper for they're brakes, and all because you either played more or got the game earlier. And Gawd forbid you give this treatment back to them. 

And this is why I stick to AI drivers over real-life drivers.

Also, in singleplayer, you can ram Nathan McKane on first corner and replay that over and over again. Take that Ravenwest! >:D

Don't worry guys and ladies, its all my fault just blame me, ;) 

well, that is what I say before go quiet an not talk to them. Their argument is pretty much invalid when you win the next race, have a white icon and have the fastest lap, While they are mid table with a orange icon.

Its funny how they make go all quiet for that few seconds while their brain works furiously on inventing the next excuse to why you won and they didn't.  :~D

Given AI total unawareness of your current location on GAS (and F1 since Its just the same AI), I'm still undecided whether or not racing online actually worsens your experience with this game, as this AI is usually as retarded as any idiot you may find online,. Needless to mention she can feel even more cheater than human players with that laughable rubberbading when taking corners, combined with those countless epci moments she literally smokes you on straights no matter the level of your car, thus making you smile and think in a very appropiated way about the guys behind the AI coding for this game, or which is the same, those n00bs at Birmingham studios.

Racing online in GAS can actually offer you a feeling of equality impossible to have while in SP, as long as you race with legit people of course, something that also happens around 1% of the times only...

I told a guy one time after some text abuse. "I am sorry it is my fault, for being dumb enough to play against you and expect a clean race." I never got a response.

Another one of my old favorites from playing FPS's is "This player has blocked messages that contain obscenities. And that are in violation of The Code of Conduct Policy."

@Fostbitten,  One of my favourite responses to these people is 

" Why is it ok for you to do it, but its not ok for me to do it? "  ,

If you ask 95% of the xbox grid 2 players, what kind of a racer/player I am?  They would tell you im very dirty, and all I do is smash people up. 

Yet the remaining 5% will tell you im very clean, fair, and pretty fast racer.  

So why the big difference?  

Well thats easy, only 5% of the Grid 2 xbox community could actually race fair..........Ive been telling people who ive smashed to pieces, that they started it, and they are unable to race.  Yes they can drive the car around the track, but they cannot actually race.  

If im on a straight, heading for a sharp left turn, then ill be on the right hand side almost on the kerb, anyone who has not overtaken me before the turn, needs to back off.  Any car attempting to make the left turn, from the left of the track, is going to  screw the turn, and under-steer into my car, usually knocking me off the track. 

Im not going to back off in this situation, as im on the racing line, im the car infront, its not up to me to avoid anyone who is behind me.  I know they are there, and I know its going to take me out, but I like to give 1 chance for them to race properly. 

This tells me that person either cannot race, or they did it on purpose.  Either way, if they drive off into the sunset without a care in the world about my race being screwed, I will smash them all over the track, for the rest of the current race, and I will continue to issue a beating, untill they leave, or they go red.  

Its kinda funny, that the majority of these idiots, bought Autosport, but have now gone back to Grid 2.  

Why would they go back to Grid 2?   Autosport requires you to brake for turns, and drive to a fairly decent standard.  

In short you need to be able to race, to get anywhere in Autosport,  and as thats something alot of players couldnt do, they go back to Grid 2, and fall into the illusion that they are awesome, when in actual fact, they are just possibly the best noob still on that game. 

2 nights ago, I join a touring car lobby,  1st race, im in 12th, with 2 orange dudes in 11 and 10,  I just knew what was going to happen, and it did, before the 1st turn, 11th place, tried to put me into the wall...........................he was pummelled untill he had to enjoy being red, and the assists that come with being red. 

Other players could have a white marker, but that doesnt make them clean,  I tried to pass a white player on Bathurst, on the straight, he blocks me, then blocks the frenchie who has undertaken me, because I got blocked,  he continues to block me up to the turn,    what did I do?  I gave him last place, and a very broken car.  

He could have just let me go past into 1st cleanly, and drafted me, and raced me, but he didnt, he wanted to play dirty. 

I will now, NEVER attempt a clean overtake on that person,  They will know me as a dirty player,  But eventually they will just leave the lobby, and not even do 1 race against me. 

I just wish people would try and race clean with me first.  They might find they get it back. 

Fostbitten you are a good racer, and a clean racer, if anyone takes you out, its because your better than they are,  If they do it infront of me, ill be sure to ask that person to wait, so you can have a little "chat" or just fly past them lol.  

I love racing clean, but years of PGR cat n mouse, taught me how to enjoy and be very good at playing dirty.  One of the main reasons why with any racing game, you have to find out, exactly how to nail someone with the minium affect to your race or car.  There are no stewards inquiry's so we have to sort out the problems, and issue the penalty ourselves.   

Noobs - You guys just T-bone away.  I love it.