Sign in to follow this  

Apparently it is your fault.

Yes @SASBlink I totally understand your line of thinking. But if say you are in front of me and you keep blocking and holding your line that is fine by me. But what I will do is hold up a bit and get a run on you by going on the fastest line and come out of the corner faster than a person and try to pass on a straight. Now if you attempt to block me, when I try to pass you then you can be prepared to hit your flashback because you are going around. And I will not lift until I get past you. 

Or if I let off and let you go, and I catch you again be prepared to hit you flashback again. And don't bother sending me a nasty message. Because I will just do it again. And you can call me dirty or whatever you like, but if you run me into a wall or the grass or whatever off the track. I consider that dirty and you can just refer to the first line of my sig.

like I said I race, I will give space and if I feel they got me fair an square then I will let them go. but don't think it will be easy lol. Its called racing for a reason ;) If you want to pass me and take my position then I'm going to make you earn it :)

I've raced with Blink loads of times on Grid 2 and GAS, he defends his line as he's entitled to but he's never stopped me going past him if I've been going faster. I've never really felt he's deliberately been holding me up. Fair's fair as far as it matters to me.

Bloody quick in a 4C too. ;-)

Thanks Kazzy, we have raced a lot together, I guess it helps when have we have respect for each others driving styles, its less personal and more fun to see each other pull off good overtakes and having intense little battles. In my opinion It's that kind of stuff that makes people better players in the long run. if you don't enjoy it you are less likely to learn from it.

ohhh Dat ass,  I do love that sexy 4c an its curves....  :D 

But kinda got off subject there a bit.

What was the original subject again? 

I am sorry @SASBlink I didn't mean what I typed above at you. It was just me speaking in general of what I have had people do to me. 

What I will also do is just keep the pressure on and most people that are so worried about someone getting past them will blow a corner and I will just pass them that way. Or if someone catches up to me while I am waiting for someone to screw up, I will let them by me so they can just wreck together, and I go past both of them. This is what I generally will do in the mountain section of Okutama or Bathurst. I would say about 87.9% of the time this works for me :D 

I also got one the funniest message from a guy telling me that I "followed him too close" and caused him to wreck. Of course there was the usual expletives to go along with the message. I rwad the message out loud in the lobby & people started laughing so he left! Then he sent me another message saying that I should not have read that msg aloud & of course more expletives.

You reminded me of some American guy who went off his rocker in a touring car lobby because he 'couldn't get a clean race, and it's always the Brits, always the Brits'.

I didn't say anything until he started dropping N bombs, at which point I asked him to shut up and go find a different lobby if he was getting that agitated and he lost his crap on me and told me he was going to wreck the crap out of me. It was so funny because I realised he was having a Boondocks N-bomb moment, I said this out loud in the lobby, and then played that scene from The Boondocks. You know. That scene.

Everyone else in the lobby laughed their asses off. This guy went completely silent, tried taking me out at the start, failed, wrecked his car trying to catch back up, retired and left. It was glorious.

I know that generally I don't deliberately instigate things like this but when people like that flip their lids it's just the funniest thing you could ever hear over a headset.

You reminded me of some American guy who went off his rocker in a touring car lobby because he 'couldn't get a clean race, and it's always the Brits, always the Brits'.

I didn't say anything until he started dropping N bombs, at which point I asked him to shut up and go find a different lobby if he was getting that agitated and he lost his crap on me and told me he was going to wreck the crap out of me. It was so funny because I realised he was having a Boondocks N-bomb moment, I said this out loud in the lobby, and then played that scene from The Boondocks. You know. That scene.

Everyone else in the lobby laughed their asses off. This guy went completely silent, tried taking me out at the start, failed, wrecked his car trying to catch back up, retired and left. It was glorious.

I know that generally I don't deliberately instigate things like this but when people like that flip their lids it's just the funniest thing you could ever hear over a headset.

weird i was in a race on an oval the other day and the only person causing problems was a yank other people was faster and was going past and then they got up the side of him he would put them in the wall 

if more codemasters employees played online with the general public they'd see what a mess they make of every single multiplayer online system every single time, it beggars belief they never learn from there own mistakes.

this game is dead on the pc looking at steam charts the highest peak was only 3500...looked on the ps3 games chart and it was 9 now 11..i will never buy another pc game again unless i want single player..so many hackers with so few people on pc,,,,,i have a ps4 shame the game was not out for that...codemasters will never fix the pc onlne ,they never even implemented an anti cheat system 

@Blink what I find annoying and consider dirty racing is, 

Say your infront of me, we are both on the racing line, heading for a left hairpin.    On the straight we are both on the right, as it's a left turn ahead.   Only me and you no pack of cars.   Do you stay right and make the turn, or are you moving to the left to try and turn left from the left? 

I've seen people do it, I've seen the AI do it.  If you move to the left, your off the line, and its going to mean you sliding or understeering away from the apex.  This causes the clean racer behind problems.  

There are not different lines on a race track. An F1 car will use the same line as a UTE.    Now just because you can't keep the ute on the racing line like you could with an F1 car, doesn't mean the line is different.  

If your in a pack then you may not be able to use the racing line.  

How do you get around someone on the racing line.......very easy.....go around the outside.   Get a better exit and pass them on the outside.  If they are slower it shouldn't be a problem.  

Anyone moving to the inside to take a turn, usually just gets punted off.  I don't move to the inside, it's faster to be on the racing line. So when it's done to me, it's dirty racing. 

SASBlink said:

Let me ask you, how does one overtake if there is only one line?

How do you get around someone on the racing line.......very easy.....go around the outside.   Get a better exit and pass them on the outside.  If they are slower it shouldn't be a problem.  

So you will deviate from the racing line to take a wider line to maximise exit speed to overtake a slower car, right?

I thought you said their was "no other line, there is only one line" you are contradicting yourself here by saying you go round the outside of a car  who is on the racing line to pass them.

Your whole argument is now invalid from my point of view.

Sounds like you guys are just arguing semantics here. There is always an optimal racing line to follow around every turn. If someone is already on the optimal line though, you may have to deviate off the line to the outside if you throttle out faster. Or they slide off the line to the outside and you deviate to the inside of them before they can recover. The otpimal line however, remains the same always.

@Blink what I find annoying and consider dirty racing is, 

Say your infront of me, we are both on the racing line, heading for a left hairpin.    On the straight we are both on the right, as it's a left turn ahead.   Only me and you no pack of cars.   Do you stay right and make the turn, or are you moving to the left to try and turn left from the left? 

I've seen people do it, I've seen the AI do it.  If you move to the left, your off the line, and its going to mean you sliding or understeering away from the apex.  This causes the clean racer behind problems.  

I guess you are describing the defending of the corner/apex and calling it a dirty driving which is ignorance of the racing rules. Why do you also assume that taking corner from the tighter line means sliding away from apex. Most good players are able to cover the apex, at the cost of little speed lost, which is normal when u fight for position. In this situation it's behind racer's duty not to cause any contact. 

Maybe you should also know that inside car has the right to take the racing line after the apex which means going wide as possible and outside car that is next to him (well, almost next to him) needs to slow down and make a room or it will be pushed off track? And it would be considered legal.

@flowaangelz where did your second "rule" come from? I am not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything I have just never heard that one before. 

And could we please stop this bickering, this is about the wonderful d-bags that seem to fill our game. And this afternoon (U.S.) there must have been a convention!

@flowaangelz where did your second "rule" come from? I am not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything I have just never heard that one before. 

I don't remember paragraph and i'm not even sure if such paragraph exists but you can see such moves in every racing series. There are lot of such moves in F1 every race.

If you are inside and even a bit in front of outside car you can take whole racing line when exiting the corner. As an outside driver you must avoid contact and let your opponent take that line at risk of being legally pushed off track.

There is such racing online too, with right people ofc.

^

I think the matter regarding the 'right' or 'wrong' racing line is generally seen as whoever is in front. If the outside driver is in front I'm pretty sure the inside driver has no right to run them off the road but if the inside driver is ahead then the outside driver usually has to concede as the inside driver has 'right of way' ... of course, excluding collisions because those should be avoided at all costs.

Still, inside or out I won't deliberately run someone off the track if I'm ahead of them and I tend to at the least try to concede enough track as to give them enough space at the corner exit. Whether that means they exit faster and then pull ahead or not really doesn't matter, just so long as it's all fair.

As an inside driver i usually leave room too, simply because most people don't like it/don't know there is such thing. This maneuver should really be executed when racing with players that know racing etiquette and are good at close racing.

yes blink, to get past a slow car on the racing line, I will have to come off the line,  

That doesn't mean I'm on another line,  if the car on the line is slow, going to the outside is possible.  But not if the car is quick.  

If they are apexing the corner nice and fast then it's a case of sit and follow, apply pressure by being as close as you can, don't make contact,  and hope they screw up.   

If you can't pass clean, don't pass. 

So my argument that there is only 1 racing line is still valid.  

This doesn't answer my question about being on the inside just before a hairpin. 

There are no regulations in motorsport stating that a driver is permitted to violate the rules in order take revenge on another driver who committed any unsanctioned actions. Such situations would result in equal penalties (or disqualifications) for retaliators, along with creating dramatically unsafe race conditions for everyone on or near the track, as well as causing damages that would quickly bankrupt the sport financially.

If anyone wants to claim to be a "clean racer," there are governing bodies in motorsport that have established criteria for it:

National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Club Codes & Regulations
http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

"...Section 25.4 Rules for Overtaking

25.4.1 Passing General

The responsibility for the decision to pass another car, and to do it safely, rests with the overtaking driver... The act of passing is initiated when the trailing car's (Car A) front bumper overlaps with the lead car's (Car B ) rear bumper. The act of passing is complete when Car A's rear bumper is ahead of Car B's front bumper...

25.4.2 Punting

The term 'punting' is defined as nose to tail (or side-of-the-nose to side-of-the-tail) contact, where the leading car is significantly knocked off of the racing line. Once the trailing car has its front wheel next to the driver of the other vehicle, it is considered that the trailing car has a right to be there. And, that the leading driver must leave the trailing driver enough 'racing room.' ...

25.4.3 Right to the Line

The driver in front has the right to choose any line, as long as they are not considered to be blocking. The driver attempting to make a pass shall have the right to the line when their front wheel is next to the driver of the other vehicle...

25.4.4 Blocking

A driver may choose to protect his or her line so long as it is not considered blocking. Blocking is defined as two (2) consecutive line changes to 'protect his/her line,' and in doing so, impedes the vehicle that is trying to pass with each of the two (2) consecutive movements...

25.6 Off-course Excursions

The competitor is required to follow the marked course during competition and shall not gain an advantage by an off-course excursion. An off-course excursion is defined as leaving the marked course with all four wheels..."

FIA F1 Driving Protocol

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8683/fia.html

"20) DRIVING...

20.2 Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.

A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.

Should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage.

20.3 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted.

Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.

20.4 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason.

For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion'.

20.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.

20.6 As soon as a car is caught by another car which is about to lap it during the race the driver must allow the faster driver past at the first available opportunity..."

@flowangelz I don't know where you heard that about the outside guy having to yield to the inside guy, but I never have heard that before either. But I would be interested to know about that. And you said "every racing series" of you was to try to get away with that in Nascar I can bet you it will be the last time you do it. 

I have had people try to do that to me and I am sorry but they probably didn't like the result. And they probably didn't do it again. Also if I am taking the risk to pass you clean on the outside and giving you plenty of room in the process. And they try to stuff me. Then we got a problem. If I catch them again then the problem will be solved. 

This is fun to watch . No I'm right . No I am. Lol play the game and f the line if someone goes wide to retake line if I'm there inside is mine I don't care if I use you as a way for me to turn. Your fault don't go wide!!

This is fun to watch . No I'm right . No I am. Lol play the game and f the line if someone goes wide to retake line if I'm there inside is mine I don't care if I use you as a way for me to turn. Your fault don't go wide!!

I am so glad you made an edit. So your post made sense and was just so darn funny!

@v8relentless you would get owned up and down the track. If you use my car.  You don't care,  lol that's not a problem. You will care when your maker is red tho. 

Did this thread rattle your cage?

These "rules" are slightly different to the one's listed above but useful nonetheless:

http://www.pbmwc.co.uk/downloads/2012%20Driving%20Standards.pdf

Project 8 Racing Club- Driving Standards 2012

The aim of this section is to help rid the championships of desperate ‘diving-up-the-inside’

overtaking manoeuvres that are normally dismissed as ‘racing accidents’. There is no more

predictable or more common incident that happens on a race circuit, but there is a common

feeling of blamelessness on the part of those involved. The DSA’s will take action on this

manoeuvre, if the following practices are not displayed by the drivers concerned.

To Avoid "The Racing Accident"

Car 1:

1. Think about a conventional or defensive approach to the next corner as soon as you

BEGIN the straight. Do not take this line at the last moment.

2. Check your mirrors and what is around you, before every turn-in manoeuvre.

3. Do not "slam the door" unless you are totally in front of Car-2. If it then hits the rear panel of

your car,

Car-2 is 100% to blame. If Car-2 hits your rear wing, you are about 20% at fault. In most

cases, the impact will probably cause you to spin, and Car-2 to continue with light damage, so

it is obviously worth making room if Car-2 is anything other than entirely behind you.

Car-2:

1. Do not dive up the inside unless you can be fully alongside before the apex.

2. If you can't quite get alongside, slow down enough to let the door be slammed in your face

without contact. Better still; hang back slightly before the corner so that you can attack the

corner with a greater exit speed than Car-1. Coincide your faster exit with catching Car-1 as

the straight begins.

Deciding the amount of blame apportioned is not an exact science. Much depends on Car-2’s

‘sudden lunge factor’. Contact arising from a side-by-side-battle for a corner is not the same

as an over-optimistic and sudden lunge from way-back that does not pay off. There is no

recognised apportionment of blame for ‘A Racing Accident’ but the DSA’s will start with this

view;

Car-1 between zero and 50% to blame. Car-2 between 50% and 100% to blame.

It can be seen therefore, that driving a defensive line is an acceptable racing tactic as long as

it takes place soon enough. If changing your approach happens so late that it causes contact

or forces the following driver to take avoiding action, you will be penalised.

Side swipes with cars that are level with each other, and squeezing drivers so that they either

have to back off, leave the circuit or hit the barrier, will be considered an infringement of these

standards. The DSA’s will impose the appropriate disciplinary procedure.

I don't try to make a pass unless I'm confident I can do it without making contact with the person infront.

Fluke, operator, Thanks on putting these guidelines up, I was too lazy to bother :-)

Hopefully alot of people read these and learn a thing or two. I don't claim to be a expert and I did learn a few things from these posts.

Also RTA, I learnt a few thing from you now also, I can see things from a broader perspective thanks to our discussion, I still believe in what I said and what I do but if I race you or someone like you I will be mindful of what you said and adapt a little, I'm more than willing to do that. I just ask you to do the same for other people. :) 

So thank you, It's nice to have a debate without the other person being immature and resorting to abuse and prettiness.  :)

I also got one the funniest message from a guy telling me that I "followed him too close" and caused him to wreck. Of course there was the usual expletives to go along with the message. I rwad the message out loud in the lobby & people started laughing so he left! Then he sent me another message saying that I should not have read that msg aloud & of course more expletives.

LOL

That what I like with the racing in GRID 1 PC, could I handle the pressure in touring car of having a good player on my bumper, just waiting for me to take a corner wide in a 5 lapper! :)  I did fail test many times :p

One of my main rules for touring car racing ( not talking derby racing here ), if  I can't pass you cleanly then I should not go for the pass. You race a good line for 5 laps and don't give me good opportunity to pass, I will be happy to take second position behind you.

Maybe I pickup GRID Autosport on sale next month. Still waiting for text chat. But will PC online still be going strong without text chat next month? Will need to get some practice in on the tracks before I give online a go. Lucky for me, I know some good PC players I can join up with for some good close online racing.