Jump to content Jump to content

Apparently it is your fault.

Silverstone 2014 F1 race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zie3xpU5RyM

Fast forward to 3:08 time and you will see how Vettel was already on outside of Alonso but had to slow down and let Alonso take the racing line.

Same thing happened after that when Vettel was inside on long straight coming to fast right hander, Alonso backed off so he won't be treated the same way.

There are plenty of such moves in every race. Inside driver has a right to corner.

@Fostbitten

If by Nascar you meant oval racing, then yes probably you have right, it's hard to imagine such moves there. But oval racing has its own rules, hasn't it?

^

when I made my analogy about two drivers going around a corner I actually had that exact race in mind. Vettel and Alonso's race was a classic and proof of two drivers going at it but not once trying to run each other off the track.

I wish more people on racing games had that sort of respect. Oh well. :-)

Yes by Nascar I meant oval. That I know of there is no set "rules" as far as going around someone or the racing in general it all kind of police's itself. I have been able to watch sime touring car raxing on some different sports networks and those guys do not yield that spot either. Especially The Aussie V8 Supercar's. 

And did you listen to Vettel's radio to what he said about Alonso trying to run him off the track everytime he tries to pass. And Alonso never yielded the outside line to Vettel on the outside until they got to the next corner. Vettel just did the smart thing and let Alonso go instead of letting him clip his front wing. And also this was a perfect example of Vettel slowing up to get a good run on Alonso to pass him. 

And a side note if you do decide to let somebody run you wide onto the outside of some of the corner exits in this game you run a real risk of getting a corner cut penalty. 

Vettel and Alonso complained both ;) There was some pushing, track limits abuse etc. But this situation was not questioned. It was clear for Vettel he needs to back off there. And he passed Alonso coz he went too wide on the next corner.  And after all there wasn't any penalty given to Alonso, simply because he did what every does in F1

I saw that in WTCC/BTCC too.

They both complained at each other about the same things, yes, but when push came to shove they knew they couldn't run each other off the track like people do on video games.

They didn't like it but they knew when to concede, which is what a lot of people online need to learn to do. :-)

A lot of this more than likely is on a driver to driver situation. And by how much of your car is along side the car to the car on the inside and vice versa. And at what point it is in the race if it is early then you should the let the guy go since there is no use tearing the front of your car up that early. But, if it is late in the race then there is not much of a chance the spot is going to be yielded by either guy.

There's only one optimal line, also I believe blocking is a waste of time especially in a corner. If you mess up every corner, because there someone close behind the overall pace is wasted for the whole race. The only place you should try to block is either forcing the opponent to choose outside or inside hoping he will maybe mess up the corner so you can go ahead.

I went on a race where every opponent had that method. When you see 2 cars ahead you keep a margin to burst in when the lead try to block.

@v8relentless you would get owned up and down the track. If you use my car.  You don't care,  lol that's not a problem. You will care when your maker is red tho. 

Did this thread rattle your cage?

Why will that bother me if my marker is red 10 races later it Will be back to white where it stays most of the time by evening ,cause during the day when I'm forced to race with the French it usually goes down , because as you know it really doesn't matter how you race people can slam into you and your impact rating suffers. I guess I look at this as it's just a GAME.

Takes more than a thread to rattle my cage noskills.

Maybe I am making a mistake by saying blocking is my biggest pet peeve that some less mature players do. What really sets me off is when you pull up beside someone and instead of letting you by them clean they just smash you into the wall. And attempt to pin you there so they can stay ahead of you. This usually happens to me on a longer straight or even when you try to pass someone at the finish line. 

I had a kid do this last night. I sent him a msg saying something like: Wow I never would have thought 8th place meant so much to somebody. His reply: "You would have done the same to me, stop being salty". My reply "No I wouldn't". Then Mr. MENSA after the next race." I saw you hitting people all over the place!" I do not know how he would have seen me do anything when my fastest lap was 10 seconds faster than his and I finished 20 seconds ahead of him! I couldn't argue with that logic, he had me beat there. Especially since I had a white icon and his was orange. Yep he was right I was wrong all along.... :\ 

I still do not know what to call that maneuver though.

If you are at a higher level and lower level players smash into you, run you off the track, use your rear bumper for they're brakes, and all because you either played more or got the game earlier. And Gawd forbid you give this treatment back to them. 

Codemaster, you need to correct this misunderstanding, players with lower levels of the first to put on the grid ... how many times I turned out to be due to these idiots outside of the track ...

Before go in online, i completed career Touring Car (full, level 11 (bit not enough to 12... save corrupted...)) and half Endurance

...and all because you either played more or got the game earlier. And Gawd forbid you give this treatment back to them. 

and by the way, this can also mean that you are very well driving virtual car

@v8relentless if you got to ask why that would bother you, id say you haven't been red. You can't play when your red.  Try it. It's no fun.   Anti collision mode.  

I don't mean orange either.  I  mean RED. 

If someone hits you in the ass, you don't change from white.   

You see this as a GAME??  Really??

Do you think your alone in this thought process?

It's clearly not real life, I struggle to see how you could think anyone sees it as anything other than a game. 

Yon know thinking about this game this morning. I think I am glad it is taking a little bit longer than we all thought to get patched up on consoles. Because maybe just maybe those of us that will continue to play GAS for quite some time in the future. Will not have to deal with all of the wreckers, idiots, griefers, & goons. That seem to have all but taken over public lobbies. 

Hopefully these buttholes will just move on to playing something that is more to their liking. And levae us alone.

IfAnoskills said:
@v8relentless if you got to ask why that would bother you, id say you haven't been red. You can't play when your red.  Try it. It's no fun.   Anti collision mode.  

I don't mean orange either.  I  mean RED. 

If someone hits you in the ass, you don't change from white.   

You see this as a GAME??  Really??

Do you think your alone in this thought process?

It's clearly not real life, I struggle to see how you could think anyone sees it as anything other than a game. 

I've never Been red . How would you know  you can't play if your red. Would think with someone as much skill that you say you have that you would ever be red. As far as if someone wrecks into you its doesn't change your impact rating that's where your wrong. You go into that first corner and let someone slam you and keep getting slammed into. Guarantee your color will change from white to probably yellow at least.

never raced em but he's telling me about what its like racing while red . he says its impossible all I stated was I've never been red to know. So that would tell me that he's raced in red so his skills or lack there of aren't all that great. I'm not a great racer but def not a red impact racer either.

OnLiveTig said:
Codemasters have been given a variety of good ideas on how to deal with the collisions issue and have chosen not to address it.

They have given it to you, race invisible/ghost.

you know what to do now, go to custom race, turn collisions off and enjoy your racing.

So this guy hits me in a turn,  Moans at me hitting him,  

Hits the wall.....ALL by himself.  Starts raging down the mic, about Slow British fags etc,  LMFAO. 

Next lap, he T-bones me, 

Because he blames me for the contact on the previous lap. 

HHHEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO  Im in front of you, with a car infront of me,  Im not going to hit the car infront of me,  thats not clean racing, and he's my team mate.  I cant get around him without hitting him, so there is no pass to make. 

To the star of the video........we are not finished!!!   Lessons need to be taught. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbGzqwaoKg&feature=youtu.be