Sign in to follow this  

PS3 and Steam linked accounts

I currently play on PS3 and am considering buying the PC version from Steam...if I have both of my PS3 and Steam accounts linked in Racenet does this mean my online/career progress is shared between both PS3 and PC versions or are they entirely seperate?

Raylion said:

I currently play on PS3 and am considering buying the PC version from Steam...if I have both of my PS3 and Steam accounts linked in Racenet does this mean my online/career progress is shared between both PS3 and PC versions or are they entirely seperate?

Anyone?

No, you can´t. Because when you link a game plattform to RaceNet is linked to your RaceNet account, so if you use a new user (plattform account) and try to link to RaceNet it will allow you to do it but with a different RaceNet user, if not RaceNet tells you that "this account is yet in use for another user-accony game", the other account platform. Sorry if i explained bad, or very bad...XD.

I´ve tried this some weeks ago when the RaceNet problem connect with two PSN different accounts and obviously RaceNet didn´t allow me to use the same RaceNet user for a different PSN account, wich is the same that if you try with Steam, and it has sense in order to keep only one user and not different users for one RaceNet account.... to boost a profile for example.

Hope this help you.

Salute.

andaya said:

No, you can´t. Because when you link a game plattform to RaceNet is linked to your RaceNet account, so if you use a new user (plattform account) and try to link to RaceNet it will allow you to do it but with a different RaceNet user, if not RaceNet tells you that "this account is yet in use for another user-accony game", the other account platform. Sorry if i explained bad, or very bad...XD.

I´ve tried this some weeks ago when the RaceNet problem connect with two PSN different accounts and obviously RaceNet didn´t allow me to use the same RaceNet user for a different PSN account, wich is the same that if you try with Steam, and it has sense in order to keep only one user and not different users for one RaceNet account.... to boost a profile for example.

Hope this help you.

Salute.

Many thanks for the info...with Racenet tracking your career/online activity I was hoping I wouldn't lose my progress going to PC from PS3 but I'm not surprised that this isn't the case.

No big hardship as I'm quite looking forward to playing on the PC with its prettier graphics but would have been nice to pick up where I left off.

Thanks again!   :)