Sign in to follow this  

Racenet Open Wheel Spa Help Please

Ok, I just got this game 6 days ago. I'm racing in the RaceNet Open Wheel race at Spa (at least they changed it to the right way around, it was reverse at first). I am having trouble with the AI on this race...they race like complete noobs...can anyone please suggest strategies for successfully combating these morons so I can get better then a darn silver? Any help would be appreciated! THANKS.

Thx, I was afraid that was the answer! lol So far I have 2 of each of the medals in RaceNet but it appears that you just have to crash an insane number of times or simply restart due to the lack of "etiquette" the AI have as race drivers. I'm sure I'll get used to the ways of the game over time!

You don't have to hit them all, just get around them by ANY means.  If you can drive on or over it,  use it. 

damage is visual only on racenet challenge.  So find Mr Westley and nail him for me.

The IA semms to be "blind" when you put the car at 45 degrees and leave a one car distance or so...i check a lot of times, they doesn´t see you, doesn´t react.

And the startline is crucial, this is where you must reach till the 5th place in the first turn or corner, once you got a good position and leave the rest behind you will allow to overtake the rest of racers more easy and accurate. Sometimes i "use" the IA cars as a support in the first turn hitting them smoohtly after braking later than them. They acts like a barrier stand..XD.

Endurance and Open Wheel races needs sometimes 9 or 10 tries to do a good starting and look for the sides that is possible to "escape and overtake" within being penalty, inestigate it and after you positioned in 5th or 4th place at the beggining you´ll have a good point to win the medal, by the way you must drive the rest of the race alone and accurate, smooth and QUICK!! XD. Get luck!!

Salute.

It took me like 20 something tries to get through Eau Rouge. Eventually I got lucky and made it through, only to get killed in another corner. Just keep at it. Once you get past the AI the track is pretty fun in the Indy Car getting up to 231 mph. 

One of a kind overtake in Eau Rouge by Kimi, i don´t know if Schumacher was asleep but the way Kimi did the turns after is pure magic!! even he gone out of the line....it was incredible, ok...it was a V8; not sure if it is possible to do that with an old V12, but THAT´S EAU ROUGE in modern F1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neRS9E_hZDU

Salute.

P.s. @Merch  what a great!! especially the third pos and second pos overtake. Pretty good!!

andaya said:

One of a kind overtake in Eau Rouge by Kimi, i don´t know if Schumacher was asleep but the way Kimi did the turns after is pure magic!! even he gone out of the line....it was incredible, ok...it was a V8; not sure if it is possible to do that with an old V12, but THAT´S EAU ROUGE in modern F1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neRS9E_hZDU

Salute.

P.s. @Merch  what a great!! especially the third pos and second pos overtake. Pretty good!!

amazing overpass, thanks for the tactic!, by the way is nathan mckane who kills my race always on the last meters of endurance, when the tires are on red and you can make a spin easily

Let´s learn, just in case we have difficulties with some IA "cheaters", this time Schumacher was the victim again; i hope he could surive as best as possible from his accident, so sorry to watch him now and remember what happened and how he is now :( ....Best energy, Michael!! you are the winner!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIIhGsLXGt0

I agree with several other posts, the key to a good lap is to avoid the issues that seem to happen at Eau Rouge (seen several cars flying through the air here lol) and then you should be up in the top 5 or 6 by the top of Kemmel and can make another place up into Les Combes. The AI are pretty easy to overtake into any of the slower turns so being in first place on the first lap is not too difficult. Gold on my first attempt so looking for Platinum on my next go hopefully.

The indycars on this track are just fantastic :D <3

Thank you all for the help. I finely got the gold and now to see if I can better that...

With a steering wheel it is very easy. WIth a gamepad it is quite hard.

With the gamepad formula B & A especially the car doesn't turn much. Usually I play with a gamepad, but this week challenge I have mixed with the steering wheel & the gamepad.