Sign in to follow this  

Dear Codies

We do appreciate your silence regarding Save corruption, corrupted cars, DLC not working. In fact that silence is your way to admit you don't care about your customers. DON'T YOU DARE MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT AN UPCOMING F1 2014 GAME! Because that would really be the confirmation that your goal is not making games but screwing people. I'm 48 years old, played all your games since PSone, thought you were recreating the mood of TOCA 3 with Grid Autosport (which you almost succeed) and now you leave everybody naked with only that game disc in their hands, as it's useless without a patch. RIP Codemaster

I was in agreement up until the part about this game being anything like TOCA 3.  TOCA3 is still leaps and bounds ahead of GRID Autosport or any GRID game.

I agree with you that's why I mentioned they "almost" succeed, it's not TOCA 3 but it's already a big step forward... we may not break them completely down...

the game itself is good its just the glitches what am a problem for me i wish they would stop the dlc and focus on fixing the game first 

I wouldn't say we've been silent, we're pretty much responsive across everywhere on the Internet that we have a home. Sometimes we may miss things (due to the volume of discussion), others may get left because there's already multiple threads on the subject and in those cases the forum users quickly let the OP know.

There's a thread at the top of this forum that details the corrupt save files, as soon as new information is available it's posted there. As for the corrupt cars, as we've mentioned in numerous parts of the forum (and elsewhere), a fix is also on its way. As I keep saying, we'll let you know when a patch is coming once we've got the 100% confirmation of a date. 

The one thing I don't want to be doing is keep saying "no news", "soon", "nothing to confirm", too often, it doesn't really clear anything up.

As for DLC not working, can you elaborate? We had some issues with Xbox 360 this week with the Best of British Pack but we've worked with Microsoft to solve this and we're receiving reports from users that it's now working.

DLC is handled by one team, patches are another team. It's worth mentioning that they also have difference procedures that they have to follow, not just in how things are made, but with regards to console manufacturers as well.

We're committed to making Autosport the best game it can be, unfortunately we can't do everything but what we can do, we do. We've already patched the game multiple times on PC (thanks to the easier patching process) and once on Xbox 360, we're also about to add in new features based on Community feedback; things like a rear view mirror and opening up the advanced controller options for all. We're making multiplayer playlist changes based on feedback we've received from the player base, and we're also prototyping new camera views for bumper and chase, again, based on Community feedback.

Currently we've got another PC patch getting ready to be deployed and the console patches are starting their submission process, I don't have any exact dates as largely once a patch enters submission it's up to Sony and Microsoft, it could be a few days, it could be a week or so, but as soon as we hear anything we'll let you know.

Loore said:
...the console patches are starting their submission process...

CodeMasters has been saying that for over a week.
What does "starting the submission process" entail?
How long does "starting the submission process" take?
The longer it takes to "start" the submission process, the longer customers wait for the submission process to finish so we can receive corrective patches & play the defective game we bought last month.

In fact I'm not mad because I have to wait for a patch, I'm mad because there is a NEED for a patch. I start my gaming carreer on a SEGA 8bits, it was in the past century... went over then to SEGA Megadrive, PS1, PS2, PS3 and finally PS4. I came back on the PS3 just to play Grid Autosport as we'll have to wait for Project Cars to have a decent racing game on the PS4.
When I bought games for consoles when online gaming on them was inexistant, those games didn't needed patches. They worked!!! They were cheaper but they worked, they were final versions! Nowadays you game studios, you sell Beta versions on the market instead of final versions because you know if X or Y or Z doesn't work you'll fix it with a patch. In fact it's a kind of lazyness due to the facilities of patches and the goal of fast money making.
Your goal should be to make a game that doesn't need any patch!

And I'm not mad, I'm just sad.

@Loore - It's more a case of status updates. Saying hey we've reached 'X' point in the process and here's where we expect to be in the near future. This bug's been squashed, this one has taken 'X' more time to discover the cause of etcetera.

Basically keep the people in the loop as to what's going on and why. The days of hiding behind the walls of PR are gone and the community expects that transparency now. I say expect, because it's only really fair to keep the people who paid good money for a product up to date on all the information you have that's easy to disseminate.

Also can you comment on what's being done regarding Garage Slots, Repair Costs and Race Winnings for MP. Currently those have not been addressed when brought up for a while now.

What's particularly ugly is the release of a Booster Pack which still fails to give enough to cover basic running costs of certain cars, as well as the Garage Slot DLC. Both of which should not have been DLC in the first place, unless of course you are aiming for the EA's title of Worst Company of the Year. That may sound harsh, but it's no less harsh than the BLATANT money grab attempts those DLC are. 

berre said:

In fact I'm not mad because I have to wait for a patch, I'm mad because there is a NEED for a patch. I start my gaming carreer on a SEGA 8bits, it was in the past century... went over then to SEGA Megadrive, PS1, PS2, PS3 and finally PS4. I came back on the PS3 just to play Grid Autosport as we'll have to wait for Project Cars to have a decent racing game on the PS4.
When I bought games for consoles when online gaming on them was inexistant, those games didn't needed patches. They worked!!! They were cheaper but they worked, they were final versions! Nowadays you game studios, you sell Beta versions on the market instead of final versions because you know if X or Y or Z doesn't work you'll fix it with a patch. In fact it's a kind of lazyness due to the facilities of patches and the goal of fast money making.
Your goal should be to make a game that doesn't need any patch!

And I'm not mad, I'm just sad.

It's the nature of software development unfortunately, as things get more and more complex, the risk of bugs pops up. No matter how much QA you throw at something, there's nothing on this planet that has software in it that doesn't require updates or patches.

Ten years ago I wouldn't have ever patched my mobile phone, let alone my TV, I would have said that was crazy talk. I'm not saying that it's ok, it isn't, but it's not down to lazyness either. The team work incredibly hard getting the game finished, the amount of hours worked and free time given up, all to get the game ready, a lot of it to take on board the feedback from the Community. 

Same goes for the patches, the team have worked till midnight in some cases making sure some last minute fixes make their way in. Game devs may be many things, but lazy tends to be one thing we're not.

Kaerar said:
@Loore - It's more a case of status updates. Saying hey we've reached 'X' point in the process and here's where we expect to be in the near future. This bug's been squashed, this one has taken 'X' more time to discover the cause of etcetera.

Basically keep the people in the loop as to what's going on and why. The days of hiding behind the walls of PR are gone and the community expects that transparency now. I say expect, because it's only really fair to keep the people who paid good money for a product up to date on all the information you have that's easy to disseminate.

Also can you comment on what's being done regarding Garage Slots, Repair Costs and Race Winnings for MP. Currently those have not been addressed when brought up for a while now.

What's particularly ugly is the release of a Booster Pack which still fails to give enough to cover basic running costs of certain cars, as well as the Garage Slot DLC. Both of which should not have been DLC in the first place, unless of course you are aiming for the EA's title of Worst Company of the Year. That may sound harsh, but it's no less harsh than the BLATANT money grab attempts those DLC are. 

I think this is something we can do a better job on. I don't think we've not done it, because I know we have, but it tends to be spread across multiple parts of the Internet (here, Steam forums, Blog, Twitter, Facebook etc). Even when we do give an update in a thread someone will always come along and make a new thread and within a few hours that update has dropped off the front page and everyone's moaning about the lack of update again.

I agree about the transparency, it was something I was very keen to utilise during Autosport, so far I'm relatively happy with how open and honest we've been (sometimes perhaps a little too honest), but it's still  a balancing act. There's still a lot of things we can't talk about, primarily because we work with officially licensed content (cars, tracks, sponsors, everything).

Garage slots = the bugged cars should be fixed in an upcoming patch. I'm hoping the fix made it into the next patch but can't 100% confirm that right now. 

Repair costs = same as above, expect the full patch notes soon.

Race Winnings = we've no plans to change this right now. Once the repair costs are corrected it should all be 'fine' and a lot more balanced. 

I won't comment on the DLC, I did last week and a quick search of some of your favourite gaming websites will no doubt bring it up, don't think there's much else to say on that front really. Rest assured the feedback on that type of unlock has been passed to the team :smile: 

Thank you. I come from the world of Gran Turismo (ok I own Grid 1, GAS and F1 2010). No one tells you what's going on over there and the wait times for updates are what seems, forever! So having Loore here to respond to us is a breath of fresh air. Kudos to their team for deciding to interact directly with the fan base! I understand that I'm not going to agree with everything said/done/not done...and that I'm, going to be happy that they listened to the community too (rear view mirrors/repair costs up the road). I say it's great to have this have this kind of relationship with the company and I don't know of another forum like this one.

Loore said:
As for DLC not working, can you elaborate? We had some issues with Xbox 360 this week with the Best of British Pack but we've worked with Microsoft to solve this and we're receiving reports from users that it's now working.
We believe that you are working in the right direction, but on this issue ...
"Cant't downloads..."
32h passed, what is the problem MS it's clear, in Sony no problem with this

@Loore - thanks for the direct reply. I'm glad you have forwarded that info on the DLC to the team as it should be going to Marketing and the Exec's too. CM needs to realise that while selling a product intentionally gimping it then "selling" the solution damages their image terribly in the eyes of the customers and it results in a very "Snake Oil Salesman" look.

I do agree you have improved with your transparency compared to previous titles (8 Ball DLC for GRID comes to mind!!!), however collating it into areas that are clearly visible like Forum Stickies or having links to a News Blog for GRID, F1 201X etc would probably help sort that out instead of having to retype it each time. Just some suggestions ;)

Loore said:

Race Winnings = we've no plans to change this right now. Once the repair costs are corrected it should all be 'fine' and a lot more balanced. 

That's very unfortunate. Yes, fixing the repair costs corrects a massive bug that simply lets you lose money, still the game stays totally unbalanced (this change affects everyone, so relative to other players, the balance stays untouched). 

Skill should decide about progress and not using the way with the least needed effort. And XP should kind of represent my acutal skill. If I do 3 Laps on a track, I learn more about car and track than someone that just does 1 lap. Makes no sense ;)

Ok I have 3 million dollars all earned did not get any from the sell a car for 15million glitch. I race in all disciplines but yet keep making money. I own 15 cars some cheap some relatively expensive 6 of which have the $0 dollar bug . But my point is how are you guys losing money ?

If you own a million+ dollar car, your repair bills, brand new, start at around 10K. Once the mileage builds up, and wear and tear on the car starts hitting 20% and up, you're looking at, probably, close to 100K every race. Combine that with payouts of less than 20K, and you've got yourself a very unsuccessful team.

Well guess that's why I'm not buying any super expensive cars . you only need to raise 1 to lvl 99 for the trophy , why raise an expensive car up that high knowing your Bill will be high . I'm using the golf as 1 to raise to 99 or the formula c car both are at lvl 50 with repairing not bad. 

Because people don't want to have to sell and rebuy a car, since it reverts back to stock, and all mods have to be earned again. It would be a good system if, 1, deterioration didn't happen so quickly, and, 2, the repair bills were moreso bad off of actual damage to the car. 

TUSMBOX said:
Because people don't want to have to sell and rebuy a car, since it reverts back to stock, and all mods have to be earned again. It would be a good system if, 1, deterioration didn't happen so quickly, and, 2, the repair bills were moreso bad off of actual damage to the car. 

Well when patch comes out hopefully this week coming . We will see if they made any changes per what the community was asking for. I think even if some things are changed it still won't be enough for this picky community .

TUSMBOX said:

Well when patch comes out hopefully this week coming . We will see if they made any changes per what the community was asking for. I think even if some things are changed it still won't be enough for this picky community .

You call it picky, if I don't take poor design choices for granted? (and there are many of them)

This game is good to excellent in its basic structure but has lots of poor designed stuff built around. Wanting that gone is not picky; it isn't the players fault. If many things are annoying, fixing a few of them doesn't make it good, just less annoying.

If you gave your car to a garage, cause your engine and suspension need to be fixed, would you be satisfied, if they give it back to you with just the engine fixed? I guess not.

Kinda getting sick of talking on hear seem to be getting nowhere . codemasters is never going to be good enough for a lot of these forum regulars. Sometimes it's like talking to brick walls. They put this game together so fast because grid 2 was such a failure and now with the problems that it is having that are GOING to be fixed people still aren't happy with it so too bad, time to play it  or quit playing it. in all reality @photonik what would you like Codemasters to do to make you happy? That's a direct question with a direct answer.

@V8R3L3NTL3SS1‌ 

Is that your argument? GRID2 was a failure (I agree with that, I immediately cancelled my preorder, after seeing the first gameplay-video), so we rush out a new game? I remember that exact thing happened with EA and NfS. One title was massive crap and they said they would reinvent (or whatever) the series and take their time. Result: after only one year the same as always. There was no need to rush, no one expected a new game so fast. I would've had no problem at all to wait another year and then get a well done game.

What I like them to do? Sure, with G:A just fixing the massive bugs, more I probably cannot expect.

For future titles? For them to learn from the past! I have absolutely no problem with bugs, that even break the game. Such things can happen and can be fixed. I have a problem with silly gamedesign from a company, that does these exact type of games for more than 15 years. And it's not that I expect miraculous things that never have been there. It's features that were there in previous titles, or are present in every racing game of the recent past (2000+). CM always wants to do something new and forgets about all the previous features. Like having arrows on the bottom screen instead of a mirror (I know, it will finally come again). Who on earth thinks for a second, that this might be a better solution? 

They need to start thinking like a player, not like a designer/engineer. Not everything new is good. That is what would make me happy.

V8R3L3NTL3SS1 said:
Kinda getting sick of talking on hear seem to be getting nowhere...

I hope so because I'm sick of your posts too.

This is a public game discussion forum - its entire purpose is to discuss the game, but your posts tell people to stop discussing the game.

Grid AutoSport is a game - its entire purpose is to be played, but your posts tell people to stop playing the game.

Nobody is attacking you or taking anything away from you by discussing the game here, so there's no reason for you to be so bothered over it that you feel compelled to constantly insult everyone. Smells like trolling to me.

If you don't like what you read on the forum, nobody is forcing you to keep coming back & instigating hostilities.