Sign in to follow this  

2014 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

I hope Nico's car catches fire again. Otherwise, this is a high downforce circuit, meaning Red Bull might be more competitive.

Whats up with the title?

I say this every time someone creates these threads. Just call it Hungarian Grand Prix or Hungary 2014 or something, jeez.

Mexicola said:

Whats up with the title?

I say this every time someone creates these threads. Just call it Hungarian Grand Prix or Hungary 2014 or something, jeez.

Changed it, happy?

Rosberg to retire. We need the points gap to become more or less even going into the summer break to keep the excitement/hype going for at least a solid month. 

Liam12d said:

Rosberg to retire. We need the points gap to become more or less even going into the summer break to keep the excitement/hype going for at least a solid month. 

Spa is enough to keep up the expectation for me. The points are pretty close already.

Liam12d said:

And you do realise that if Rosberg retires and Hamilton wins Hamilton will have a bigger lead than Rosberg currently has.  

Liam12d said:

Spa is enough to keep up the expectation for me. The points are pretty close already.

I guess. I just want the points to close up as a Hamilton fan  :p

Liam12d said:

And you do realise that if Rosberg retires and Hamilton wins Hamilton will have a bigger lead than Rosberg currently has.  

Really? Okay I may take that back if thats the case. Although Rosbergs advantage would go to around 20 points if Rosberg wins and Hamilton is 2nd however if my quick maths are correct. 

Honestly, if they both retired from the next few races, I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Even if Vettel wins.

Honestly, if they both retired from the next few races, I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Even if Vettel wins.

1000 disagrees on the basis that it'd be fantastic to see Vettel go the entire season without winning a race... unlike his teammate.

Liam12d said:

Errrm, no. Just no.

Currently it's Rosberg 14 pts ahead

With your scenario, HAM would be 11 pts ahead.

Simple maths ftw. ;)

fIsince08 said:
Two things from my source:
One: Sutil will more than likely break the record of most races without a podium this weekend. The record is 119 held by him and Pierluigi Martini, but he could break that this weekend.

Two: This will be Kobayashi's last race for Caterham.

@fIsince08 Your source is pretty useless eh?

fIsince08 said:
One: Sutil will more than likely break the record of most races without a podium this weekend. The record is 119 held by him and Pierluigi Martini, but he could break that this weekend.

Has the race started yet? ;) 

fIsince08 said:

fIsince08 said:

Has the race started yet? ;) 

Its Thursday, so the race weekend has started ;)

If Hamilton ever wins the Hungarian Grand Prix again, he will become the sing most successful driver at the circuit.

If Red Bull get their strategy spot on, they could go well here. If they don't, it will be terrible. Especially with a shortened DRS zone this year as well. Logic from the FIA to make the second hardest place to overtake on the calendar even harder. 

fIsince08 said:

If Hamilton ever wins the Hungarian Grand Prix again, he will become the sing most successful driver at the circuit.

Everytime Lewis has won the Hungarian GP, Kimi finished in 2nd. I can't see Kimi finishing 2nd even if 20 out of the 22 cars will fail to finish, so no Hammy-win this time around. :(

You heard it here first.

Result I'd like to see would be:

1st. Bottas
2nd. Ricciardo
3rd. Hamilton

Rosberg DNF. It'd put Hamilton 1 point ahead, and Bottas could enjoy being a winner over the break :)

Mexicola said:

Whats up with the title?

Changed it, happy?

A bit. ly bbs xxxx

Liam12d said:

Errrm, no. Just no.

Currently it's Rosberg 14 pts ahead

With your scenario, HAM would be 11 pts ahead.

Simple maths ftw. ;)

Sorry , I didn't check the table. I had it in my head that Rosberg was 11 points ahead and that would mean Hamilton would be 14 points ahead. (The other way around). But if you're so fixated on closing up the points , then wouldn't it make more sense for Rosberg to come second and Hamilton to win ? So 4 points of a difference. Simple maths ftw .  ;)