Sign in to follow this  

2014 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

Liam12d said:

Rosberg to retire. We need the points gap to become more or less even going into the summer break to keep the excitement/hype going for at least a solid month. 

And you do realise that if Rosberg retires and Hamilton wins Hamilton will have a bigger lead than Rosberg currently has.  

Errrm, no. Just no.

Currently it's Rosberg 14 pts ahead

With your scenario, HAM would be 11 pts ahead.

Simple maths ftw. ;)

Sorry , I didn't check the table. I had it in my head that Rosberg was 11 points ahead and that would mean Hamilton would be 14 points ahead. (The other way around). But if you're so fixated on closing up the points , then wouldn't it make more sense for Rosberg to come second and Hamilton to win ? So 4 points of a difference. Simple maths ftw .  ;)

I wasn't fixated on closing up the points. I just corrected your claim about the gap. Which I have to do again, because if Rosberg finishes 2nd and Lewis finishes 1st, the gap will be 7 points, not 4 points.

Simple maths ftw x2. ;)

I cant wait for the post race Vettel argument between AMS and four or five other members.

Liam12d said:

Rosberg to retire. We need the points gap to become more or less even going into the summer break to keep the excitement/hype going for at least a solid month. 

And you do realise that if Rosberg retires and Hamilton wins Hamilton will have a bigger lead than Rosberg currently has.  

Errrm, no. Just no.

Currently it's Rosberg 14 pts ahead

With your scenario, HAM would be 11 pts ahead.

Simple maths ftw. ;)

Sorry , I didn't check the table. I had it in my head that Rosberg was 11 points ahead and that would mean Hamilton would be 14 points ahead. (The other way around). But if you're so fixated on closing up the points , then wouldn't it make more sense for Rosberg to come second and Hamilton to win ? So 4 points of a difference. Simple maths ftw .  ;)

I wasn't fixated on closing up the points. I just corrected your claim about the gap. Which I have to do again, because if Rosberg finishes 2nd and Lewis finishes 1st, the gap will be 7 points, not 4 points.

Simple maths ftw x2. ;)

Isn't the gap 11 points though ? You just confused me. The gap is 14 points. WHY DO I THINKS IT'S 11 ? :#

EdMa said:

I cant wait for the post race Vettel argument between AMS and four or five other members.

even if Vettel won every race he entered people would still say Alonso/Hamilton are better.

If you're looking for a bit of drama, why not have Hamilton win and Rosberg finish 4th? That way Rosberg would be leading by one point going into the summer break.

Also, it would allow the streak of Raikkonen finishing second everytime Hamilton wins in Hungary to continue.

With the short DRS zone it will still be hard to overtake here, so the first corner is going to be crucial for the top 3.

For Christs sake. Hamiltons luck atm is just a joke.

ATM? Gotta be kidding me.

Things can change. Obviously Rosberg has likely just been handed the WDC, but with how many races are left and the Abu Double there's still a chance for Hamilton.

It's massively frustrating how things just keep going wrong for him. It's as if he's still driving the 2012 McLaren.

Will be hard to overtake, even with 28 kph up his sleeve.

Nico will probably win the WDC, he's had some bad luck but has been very consistent in comparison.

Yeah, Kimi is going to be replaced no doubt. Bianchi is taking that spot. And Hulkenberg takes Alonso's spot, who takes Button's spot, who will retire.