Sign in to follow this  

2014 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

At least this bad luck is happening in Quali for Hamilton, if it happened on race day he would be 50+ points behind.

And Hulkenburg and Alonso at Ferrari, that would be the ultimate pairing.

"We can't even beat Sutil!?"

- Romain Grosjean, July 26th 2014

What's happening to Lewis is not bad luck anymore. I'm not saying someone sabotaging him, but there is a high level of incompetence in this team regarding relieability which needs to be fixed pronto.

when Lewis's engine caught fire I immediately wondered if it was a new engine or an old one, turns out it was the engine used in Silverstone, remember him doing doughnuts at the end and worrying if he damaged the engine?? I think the team had a quiet word in his ear to save those celebrations until the titles won but that may have came back to haunt him. he looked so sad walking away from the car like he knew the title was over.

Quit trolling Trautman.

You really think one doughnut causes the fuel-pump to leak? And Mercedes to overlook at leak beforehand?

Woah, calm it down a bit Colt. I don't think he meant it as a trolling comment at all bud, just a theory is all.

The doughnuts aren't likely the cause, but clearly Merc need to sort out the issues that keep effecting Hamilton.

Sorry Prawn, but if this doesn't sound like trolling then I don't know.

turns out it was the engine used in Silverstone, remember him doing doughnuts at the end and worrying if he damaged the engine?? I think the team had a quiet word in his ear to save those celebrations until the titles won but that may have came back to haunt him.

But nice to see this:

https://twitter.com/lxznr/status/493012786147237888

And Lewis' reaction:

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/493027833552596992

Nice to see him still fighting, because I have given up my hopes. It's 2012 all over again.

For Christs sake. Hamiltons luck atm is just a joke.

Agreed somebody obviously like s the idea of Hamilton coming through from the back every race at the moment. His only hope right now is that Rosbergs car has an issue tomorrow.

yeah calm down man it was just a theory, lewis himself said after doing it he hoped it had not damaged the engine and when I found out it was the same engine I felt lewis would probably thought about that amongst many other things, luck, mechanic failure/sabotage etc  the one good thing is they have a fast car so they can work on reliability by not pushing things so close to the limit, like Ferrari done when they dominated with famously de-tuned engines to ensure bulletproof reliability, this also includes working with the driver to ensure he knows not to push things so hard and they have great people like Lauda to take him aside and give him the benefit of his experience.

Just sounds like Trautman trying to think of a reason why the engine buggered itself to me:p

Don't give up just yet though, a lot can still happen yet before the end of the season. Things are looking bad of course, but absolutely anything can happen before all is said and done man :) I'll only really give up hope if going into Abu Double Hamilton is more than 50 points behind. Until then let's just wait and hope!

For Christs sake. Hamiltons luck atm is just a joke.

Agreed somebody obviously like s the idea of Hamilton coming through from the back every race at the moment. His only hope right now is that Rosbergs car has an issue tomorrow.

That bloody Bernie... ;)

Don't give up just yet though, a lot can still happen yet before the end of the season. Things are looking bad of course, but absolutely anything can happen before all is said and done man :)

I've heard this for too long now. 

yeah calm down man it was just a theory, lewis himself said after doing it he hoped it had not damaged the engine and when I found out it was the same engine I felt lewis would probably thought about that amongst many other things, luck, mechanic failure/sabotage etc  the one good thing is they have a fast car so they can work on reliability by not pushing things so close to the limit, like Ferrari done when they dominated with famously de-tuned engines to ensure bulletproof reliability, this also includes working with the driver to ensure he knows not to push things so hard and they have great people like Lauda to take him aside and give him the benefit of his experience.

You tried to put the blame for what happened on the driver for doing one doughnut. Stop pretending you didn't.

ok so technically you know hitting the limiter in first gear for almost ten seconds would make the engine much hotter than they would normally test it right? its not a matter of blame, its part of the game. when Alonso won in 2005 he said time and time again if the McLaren was reliable kimi would be champion,, kimi is known for driving it like he stole it where as Alonso and Renault played the fast but reliable tactic all season and eventually won it with the 2nd best car, that's sport for you. these prototype machines are very , very complicated and should not be treated like a rally car doing doughnuts, if you disagree then im not sure what else to say.

So you honestly believe Mercedes would have put this engine in his car if they knew something might have been damaged? Or that they overlooked a leak in the fuel pump?

Fed up of all this bad luck, but it's OK as I'm a Sunderland fan so Hamilton will pull it out of the bag in Abu Dhabi :)

its so technical, maybe there was a hairline crack not picked up on an x-ray or something tiny like that. its not an exact science, you cant just go to Halfords and pick up parts for these cars, most are one-off prototype parts, there is no show-room with spare cars lying about. im not understanding how you think I would think that Mercedes would send him out knowingly on track with a faulty part as I have never said that, the data comes at real time, they work on the fly so to speak and things can happen so fast that's why you should treat your race car with the upmost respect at all times as they are unique, only 2 exist at any given time, Schumacher never done doghnuts or burnouts until the championship was won, neither did Alonso or Vettel when they won there championships, its a risk you are taking by putting extra stress through the whole car for no gain, except satisfaction.