Sign in to follow this  

2014 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

VetteIfan said:

Everyone knows fastest lap count is all that matters. 

I would say the same but I don't think Vettel is beating Ricciardo at anything apart from DNFs and most times moaning on the radio  o:)

Alonso is by far the best driver on the grid though, Hamilton, Vettel, Ricciardo, or any of the other top drivers are not even close in the races. He's an absolute legend, I wouldn't be surprised if Kimi is outperforming that car and Alonso is just that quick.

Speaking of Raikkonen he did a really good job today.

I can't completely agree to that. Alonso has been losing race paces and has been making more and more small mistakes in 2013 and 2014, so I don't agree he's the best by far. However, this race, he was at his old best, showing that he definitely is the most crafty/smart driver on the grid. Classic Alonso performance really. Haven't seen it from him in a while though, but I can understand if he somehow have moments where he feels vexed about the current Ferrari-situation. Hopefully they give him the car he deserves. With Jules Bianchi/Nicolas Hülkenberg as 2nd driver. Doubt it though.

I can't see Bianchi at Ferrari any time soon, Ferrari like their drivers well seasoned. Kimi will retire next season (or get sacked again at the end of this) and Hulkenberg will replace him, with Bianchi going to Force India to replace Hulkenberg.

fIsince08 said:

I can't see Bianchi at Ferrari any time soon, Ferrari like their drivers well seasoned. Kimi will retire next season (or get sacked again at the end of this) and Hulkenberg will replace him, with Bianchi going to Force India to replace Hulkenberg.

...and then replacing Alonso when he retires.

fIsince08 said:

Well yeah we know that already, monsieurf1 for the win :p

I'd imagine they want Vettel more than they want Hulk, in fact there are many drivers on the grid that would be ahead of him in the queue. Not that any fan of Hulk should want him to go there, and get dominated by Fernando.  

The last scenario (Hulk to Ferrari, Jules to Force India) does seem the most likely, looking at how Ferrari does things. Bianchi has been linked with Force India a lot in the past too. But Ferrari also seems to be on their way to shake up the formation surrounding their F1-operations. And Bianchi is their driver and has been the crown jewel of their academy for a long time now. He might just be given that spot straight away.

True, but why would they want Hulk anyway? He's quick but i've seen better drivers out there.

Just watched Daniels move on Hamilton again, that was incredible, didn't Lewis once say that nobody overtakes him around the outside? Because Daniel just did that son.

Jiggy said:

Alonso is by far the best driver on the grid though, Hamilton, Vettel, Ricciardo, or any of the other top drivers are not even close in the races. He's an absolute legend, I wouldn't be surprised if Kimi is outperforming that car and Alonso is just that quick.

Speaking of Raikkonen he did a really good job today.

I can't completely agree to that. Alonso has been losing race paces and has been making more and more small mistakes in 2013 and 2014, so I don't agree he's the best by far. However, this race, he was at his old best, showing that he definitely is the most crafty/smart driver on the grid. Classic Alonso performance really. Haven't seen it from him in a while though, but I can understand if he somehow have moments where he feels vexed about the current Ferrari-situation. Hopefully they give him the car he deserves. With Jules Bianchi/Nicolas Hülkenberg as 2nd driver. Doubt it though.

I can't remember the last time he had a bad race though. Been a while now, this season he has arguably been as strong as 2012 imo. 

His performances in China, Austria & today have been some of the best races from him ever.

Awesome! Best race in years :D Perfect podium too, extremely happy with how that turned out!!!

Not sure about the best race for years but I agree that it was one of the most interesting and entertaining races we've had for a while. Felt pleased for Hamilton managing to salvage a podium after his problems in qualifying too.

To be honest we've not had a bad race from Spain onwards. It's been a fairly remarkable run of races. We might even get an exciting Singapore GP at this rate. 

Awesome! Best race in years :D Perfect podium too, extremely happy with how that turned out!!!

Not sure about the best race for years but I agree that it was one of the most interesting and entertaining races we've had for a while. Felt pleased for Hamilton managing to salvage a podium after his problems in qualifying too.

Did you watch it live on Sky or the BBC highlights? Watching it live was intense! Having no idea who might win out of the top 3 with 5 laps to go was just amazing. That tension really wasn't there in BBC's highlights though, they cut far too much out.

Did you watch it live on Sky or the BBC highlights? Watching it live was intense! Having no idea who might win out of the top 3 with 5 laps to go was just amazing. That tension really wasn't there in BBC's highlights though, they cut far too much out.

I watched it on Sky as I have Sky. I watch all the races through Sky Sports.

VetteIfan said:

To be honest we've not had a bad race from Spain onwards. It's been a fairly remarkable run of races. We might even get an exciting Singapore GP at this rate. 

I agree tbh I don't think we've really had too many bad races at all this year. They've all offered something intriguing. I think certainly every race from Bahrain onwards has been top notch anyway. The engines may not be so loud but too me spectacle wise it's as good as ever at the moment. I included Bahrain because I loved the duel between Hamilton and Rosberg there especially how Hamilton defended against Rosberg and his DRS. Goes to show if you put the car in the right spot you can defend against it as quite often that's how I defend against it on the F1 games.

Some fun facts from Hungary:

Daniel Ricciardo took the lead on Lap 68 out of 70, just like in Canada.

Daniel Ricciardo started outside the top 3 to win the race for the 2nd time aswell, someting no other RB-driver has ever achieved.

Lewis Hamilton is the first driver ever to lead a GP after starting from the pitlane.

Lewis Hamilton is the first driver ever to start from 20th or worse and finish on the podium twice in a row.

Lewis Hamilton has gained 36 places in the last two races.

It's the first time ever Lewis had to start behind his teammate in Hungary.

And he's the leading british driver in terms of podiums.

Fernando Alonso is the only driver to get into the points in every single race so far.

Fernando Alonso finished in 2nd or 3rd for the 65th time in his career. That's more often than Schumacher (64).

For the first time since Malaysia 2013 full wets were used in the race.

Source: AMuS

Daniel Ricciardo started outside the top 3 to win the race for the 2nd time aswell, someting no other RB-driver has ever achieved.

Lewis Hamilton is the first driver ever to lead a GP after starting from the pitlane.

Lewis Hamilton is the first driver ever to start from 20th or worse and finish on the podium twice in a row.

Fernando Alonso is the only driver to get into the points in every single race so far.

Fernando Alonso finished in 2nd or 3rd for the 65th time in his career. That's more often than Schumacher (64).

Inters :p

http://wtf1.co.uk/hungarian-gp-2014-onboard/

You're welcome.

Well, as I was away I had to wait until this afternoon to watch the race, but I knew the result and everything.

That meant I probably didn't think it was as exciting as other people did, because I knew what was coming, but it was still quite exciting! Amazing stuff by Ricciardo. He really is a star of the future, and Hamilton too, amazing recovery from the pit lane and the spin, but the Safety Car really helped him, and he beat Nico too which is pretty funny :p I had a bit of a chuckle when Seb spun, and when Grosjean hit the wall too, so a great race! 

Can't believe we have to wait nearly 3 weeks for the next race...