Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Possibly F1 2014 release on 24th or 30th of september !!!! / No Next/Current-Gen?

mmpaw37 said:

Firstly, i'm not entirely sure this is real. Secondly, look at the Namco Bandai.

However, if this is real, then this could be the first sign of an impending F1 2014 reveal, possibly this weekend!.

I agree I think the announcement is imminent definitely if not this week then definitely before the next GP at Spa which comes after the mid season break. I suspect given we're almost at the weekend now it'll be during that break. Not suer this is 100% or not right now especially as there has been strong hints that it was looking to be a next gen game. Until we get firm details though we can't say for sure though.

If any of the ret*rds on this forum could read or use twitter they'd realise that CM and the devs have all but confirmed it's on Next gen. They've said it's not PS4 Exclusive, Steve Hood's said time and time again that they have so much more processing power now; one of them said it was great to be working on new machinery as opposed to PS3/360. 

Anybody who still doubts it is an idiot. 

EdMa said:

If any of the ret*rds on this forum could read or use twitter they'd realise that CM and the devs have all but confirmed it's on Next gen. They've said it's not PS4 Exclusive, Steve Hood's said time and time again that they have so much more processing power now; one of them said it was great to be working on new machinery as opposed to PS3/360. 

It's not easy like that. I read every Tweet from Steve and he never said it that clearly. There were hints but if you followed Steve for years you know that this means not much. Plus Steve mentioned they are developing F1 games at the moment. Whatever this means. Maybe there's F1 2014 for Old Gen and F1 2015 for Next Gen. You never know what CM's doing.

do you not think they could make an updated old gen game with the bare bones. Almost like what most mods have done with f1 2013 already. It would take couple of months as its all there. The only issue is new tracks.Then focus on the next gen game. You say the only benefit of next gen is graphics but surely the ai now has the power to be so much better. The main reason I really hope its next gen is the Xbox 360. Its small disc size must really limit the features you can put in a game. Not to mention processing power. For this game to move forward it really needs to be next gen. If its old gen again then I think code masters have done all they can. The problems with the game will remain. I'm a PC player and when I play 2013 it feels 5 years old .

Tourgott said:
EdMa said:

It's not easy like that. I read every Tweet from Steve and he never said it that clearly. There were hints but if you followed Steve for years you know that this means not much. Plus Steve mentioned they are developing F1 games at the moment. Whatever this means. Maybe there's F1 2014 for Old Gen and F1 2015 for Next Gen. You never know what CM's doing.

Christ on a bendy bus, they wete talking about releasing F1 2013 on PS3/360 because they didnt want to make a mistake and rush a release on next gen that was crap, that was very well discussed last year so why you're telling me that itsn't the case now I have no idea. It's basic common sense, and from that I've realised that you're a bit thick tbh.mmpaw37 said:

I digress. This is only my opinion so please take this into consideration as to what I am about to say...

All this talk about 'next-gen' or 'old-gen' is somewhat redundant. I really can't see the real benefits of having the game on the next-gen consoles, other than having pretty graphics and speed, essentially the game as a whole will be identical.

To add to this, from a sales standpoint, I would say that the majority of the sales from the new game will be from the 'old' machines anyway, and if it was released on next-gen, it would just be a bonus. Its about having the right balance between the systems, and I imagine has caused Codemasters a huge headache in terms of the quality between them.

Therefore, as I have said in a previous thread, if the game is released on next-gen as well as old, the next-gen version will not exactly be truly next-gen. From a sales and credibility standpoint, you simply can not produce the same game on the different systems to a point where the quality is significantly superior, it wouldn't be good business sense.

All I can say is, whatever platforms the game is released on isn't a real issue for me personally, although PC is my preferred choice for obvious reasons, I will enjoy the game/sim regardless, as if it wasn't for Codemasters, we wouldn't be getting anything.

Sorry but how would the old gen consoles outsell the new ones for an F1 game? It would be a major selling  point for it to be on Next Gen and would be more likely to be licked up by casuals who have a next gen console, although not necessarily at release because of the price.

I'm done with thos place ffs.

the thing is, if its on the old consoles it will be a clone of every other f1 game they have released just like every new version is just a clone of the previous copy with maybe a gimmick or 2 like classics to make you think you're getting a new game. the engine is the main gripe for me, its just not good enough for f1 and I would disagree with anybody who says it is! the license seems so restrictive to the point where the sidepods cant be damaged on a computer game?? omg this is the craziest thing i have ever heard in my life, i simply do not believe it! no matter who says what! if that is written in to the license you must ask the question who came up with this crazy license and why on earth did codies agree to it all?