Sign in to follow this  

Guess That Codemasters Thing! (Forum Game)

At a forum I frequent, this was quite a popular thread type.
The basic idea is this: A user (riddler) posts a riddle, relating to the fan group's games in question. The other posters must guess what the user is hinting at in the riddle. The first poster to get the correct answer to the riddle may post the next riddle after the riddler confirms it is correct.

Example of a riddle: 
"A very famous female bunny would hate to be racing a car like this when it's more than 80 degrees Fahrenheit out."
The answer for us would be the Lola B12/80, from GRID Autosport. Lola Bunny is from Looney Toons, and 80 degrees hints to it being a closed-top car. Racing suggests that, well, it would probably be a race car.

The rules:

1. Only cars, tracks, teams, disciplines, and car classes (where applicable) featured in CodeMasters' commercially released racing titles may be used as answers to a given riddle.
  2. If you have posted a riddle, and may not have time to confirm an answer, or provide a hint, you must post when you will not be available. This is referred to as "Extended Time". An ET period lasts one day.
  3. Can't come up with a reasonable riddle? You can pass your turn off to any user who has posted a guess on the previous riddle.
  4. You may only guess up to 6 cars, 3 tracks, 2 teams, 1 discipline, or 2 car classes (where applicable).
  5. If a car has multiple variants (the Nissan Silvia is such an example), you must specify the exact game and variant the riddler is looking for. Saying "Nissan Silvia" when the riddler is looking for a "Nissan Silvia S15 Drift Tuned from GRID Autosport" will NOT pass as a sufficient answer.
  6. Upon posting a new riddle, you MUST specify if the players are looking for a car, track, team, discipline, or car class. Failure to do so will result in you forfeiting your turn as "riddler".
  7. After 5 posts of incorrect guesses on the current riddle, the current riddler must provide another hint.

So, to start off small, I'll post the first riddle. You're looking for a team, in this case.

"Just based off of the name alone, Utsuho would practically be the mascot for this team!"

SynGamer said:

Ravenwest Motorsport?

You got it.

The hint is pretty obvious for those that know about Touhou; Utsuho Reiuji is a youkai, species Hell raven. What team uses birds as its recurring motif?
None other than Ravenwest Motorsport, of course.

Your turn, Syn.

Hmmm, a riddle you say? Alright, you're looking for the name of a game...

"Global warming makes Max a mad Maverick"

Chicken42 said:
Dirk Novitzki?

Negative. Looking for the title of a Codemasters game :)

Second hint; 4 letters.

You are looking for a car class in this case.
"I sound like part of a new revolution, but I've been around longer than you think."

You are looking for a car class in this case.
"I sound like part of a new revolution, but I've been around longer than you think."

(Mitsubishi lancer) Evolution?

Sorry for the long delay guys. I had a bunch of problems logging into the forums, so I couldn't update the riddles with new hints.

The answer is supposed to be Trailblazer.

Dancing dirty suggests the game series it's in, DIRT. 

Trailblazer's cars originally appeared in various Hill Climb categories in the original DIRT, but those that stayed became the new Trailblazer cars in DIRT 2 and DIRT 3. This is what I meant by "been around for a while".

Anyone still active in this thread may post a new riddle.

Chicken42 said:
No. I'll give a hint. Something in the games appearance is small.

I'll take another shot: Is it Micro Machines? It featured a range of off-road vehicle types, all very teeny tiny.