Jump to content Jump to content

(PLEASE FIX CODEMASTERS) Tyre wear after race restart.

V12Legendary

So we had a league race yesterday and we started after a full qualifying session. I started with 3% on every tyre.

We had a massive incident at the start so we decided to restart the race (loading it from saved session) and start again.
But al players now had 20+% on their tyres instead os 3-5%, please fix this Codemasters.

• Codemasters Staff
Hi @V12Legendary and @Thory1991 please could you give me a bit more information. I've tried a Multiplayer Championship on PS4 Patch 1.4 with four players. They went through all of qualifying and after the race started quit the session, hosted it again, loaded in and tyre wear was correct.

Which platform are you playing on?
How many players and how many AI did you have in the session?
Did you do practice?
Did you reboot between the race that went wrong and starting it again?

Basically any information you can give me will be helpful.
Which platform are you playing on? PC
How many players and how many AI did you have in the session? 19 players (No AI)
Did you do practice? No, Full Qualifying and 
Did you reboot between the race that went wrong and starting it again? No the host of the game just created a new lobby and loaded the saved championship and everybody rejoined and we just started from the grid again.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Codemasters Staff
V12Legendary thank you for that information, that's very helpful.

We know of a bug that can occur in that particular scenario. If you do qualifying and then start a race in Multiplayer Championship, then have the host quit and continue the same championship again the tyre wear that you've accrued in the race you abandoned will be carried over to the new session. I think I'm correct in saying that if you all do a reboot before starting the race again the tyre wear should be fine.

Archived