Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does the Safety Car have a Delta Pace?

In a Career Mode Race (Legend AI, Toro Rosso, 50% Russia) The race had started wet, I gambled and came in for Wets a bit earlier than I should have done and lost a chunk of time to the AI. But then the SC came out and I thought, excellent I'll be able to make up this lost time, and I'll be brought back into the race!

However this wasn't the case... for the whole 3 laps the SC was out I had to keep to a Delta time... and basically had to keep the gap to the car in front (I gained one place as the car ahead pit)... it seemed like I was under the SC and the VSC at the same time... I never caught up to the pack before the Safety Car came in, as he game never allowed me to exceed the Delta pace, I was allowed to overtake the SC but not to catch up to the back of the pack!

This must be a rule glitch with the game right? Or is there a weird SC rule I'm not aware of? I can provide video evidence once I've edited and uploaded the video to Youtube if that helps?

Same issue here. Not only in singleplayer, but also in multiplayer games this happens. And also much bigger problems, leading to DSQ. Have a look here, I would like to see your video, too.

They definetly have to fix this.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/46339/pc-multiplayer-safety-car-issues#latest

When the Safety Car comes out in real F1 they do run to a delta pace. It's designed to stop people racing back to the pits at dangerous speeds.

However, not turning the pace off before you enter the queue does lead to some instances where you don't catch the Safety Car up. We have a number of improvements lined up to help deal with this - one of which is that we'll now disable the delta after a lap.

Britpoint said:
When the Safety Car comes out in real F1 they do run to a delta pace. It's designed to stop people racing back to the pits at dangerous speeds.

However, not turning the pace off before you enter the queue does lead to some instances where you don't catch the Safety Car up. We have a number of improvements lined up to help deal with this - one of which is that we'll now disable the delta after a lap.
Good to hear. Safety car came up in Spain and it fucked my race.

From the Sporting Regulations, available on the FIA website

39.5 No car may be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person at any time whilst the safety car is deployed. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.
39.7 All competing cars must reduce speed and form up in line behind the safety car no more than ten car lengths apart. In order to ensure that drivers reduce speed sufficiently, from the time at which all teams have been sent the “SAFETY CAR DEPLOYED” message via the official messaging system until the time that each car crosses the first safety car line for the second time, drivers must stay above the minimum time set by the FIA ECU at least once in each marshalling sector (a marshalling sector is defined as the section of track between each of the FIA light panels). 
There is no regulation mandating delta pace, only that you must meet a minimum lap time and be within 10 car lengths of the car in front. Seems Codies have the Safety Car regulations bodged. (Unless I'm misreading this, but I can't find anything regarding delta pace or similar terms - only that cars must slow down when the SC is deployed and the field must catch up to it.)

Thanks Luke for getting back to me so quickly, and great to hear that there is a fix in the works for the future :) Hope it can be patched in soon!

Britpoint said:
The minimum time IS the delta. The delta we show you is your difference to the minimum lap time.
Yeah great job with posting the feedback we all love to see that!