Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PS4 1.0.4] How to beat Mercedes???

Hello,

I have maxed out (25 upgrades) my McLaren . My career goal was to get the constructors title for McLaren. 

But I have all 25 upgrades and I cant do R&D anymore. There are no upgrades left. 

And Mercedea is still in front of me. But I can not update anymore so I never can get the constructor title because Alonso cant keep up. I am only in season 4. 

So the game ends for me at season 4 since I can never beat Mercedes in the rest of the 6 seasons because I cant upgrade anymore.

Is this how it should work? I dont get it?

I thought it was a 10 year career mode. I want more upgrades so I can play again.  

@Lozzy
@jennyannem
@Britpoint
@Hoo

Yeah it's a common complaint and they said in an earlier thread about it that it will not change. Pretty stupid heh. Breaks the whole career mode.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/218905/#Comment_218905

Looks like you have memory loss coz you replied to them in the very next post. :D

Ho3n3r said:

Looks like you have memory loss coz you replied to them in the very next post. :D
Lozzy said in another topic that they will look at it. 

Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:

Why create the thread to ask a question you know the answer to already then?

Besides, that does not translate into "it's gonna change".

Ho3n3r said:
Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:

This thread was before Lozzy said they were going to look. 

Please ontopic now. Its a game breaker with career mode. Dont ruin this discussion. 

Swift747 said:
Drive faster. 

Please read the discussiom before you post something like that. 

Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:
Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:

Please ontopic now. Its a game breaker with career mode. Dont ruin this discussion. 
I am on topic lol. I told you not to get your hopes up for this to change, which is the reality of the situation.

Ho3n3r said:
Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:
Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:

I am on topic lol. I told you not to get your hopes up for this to change, which is the reality of the situation.
And what is your opinion about this R&D system like it is now with the max 25 upgrades? 

Look right fella, it's correct. McLaren don't win anymore, Mercedes are simply more powerful, just like in real life

TE23 said:
Look right fella, it's correct. McLaren don't win anymore, Mercedes are simply more powerful, just like in real life
In 2015 and 2016 yes. But I am in 2020 so you cant say how it is in real life. Thats the whole thing of thia career. So I dont understand your comment. 

Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:
Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:
Runalf said:
Ho3n3r said:

And what is your opinion about this R&D system like it is now with the max 25 upgrades? 
You know my opinion, every player can agree that the R&D system is not correct.

RPD3 said:
I think the bigger issue is that you are already in season 4
So he should stop playing career mode after season 3, and pretend it's working correctly?

Ho3n3r said:
RPD3 said:
I think the bigger issue is that you are already in season 4
So he should stop playing career mode after season 3, and pretend it's working correctly?

Which would be much easier if it hadn't been advertised so heavily as having a 10 year career.

Ooops...

Career is boring anyway. It's ok for a season or two but then what. 

Get online and challenge yourself! 

Runalf said:
TE23 said:
In 2015 and 2016 yes. But I am in 2020 so you cant say how it is in real life. Thats the whole thing of thia career. So I dont understand your comment. 
I was joking mate, we all know career is flawed, they just need to patch in  R&D reset after each season

I would better keep what we have right now than career reset... you want to screw career or what? Happy you don't work for CM.

jayp666 said:
I would better keep what we have right now than career reset... you want to screw career or what? Happy you don't work for CM.

Career reset? I really dont know where you are talking about. 

You rather have 10 seasons of R&D or like 4/5 seasons of R&D ? Thats the question. 

Runalf said:
TE23 said:
Runalf, even though, as you said, you're in Season 4 (the year 2020), I don't think that McLaren would have caught up with the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari etc, even in real time. Besides, haven't you been offered a contract to drive for another team during your very loyal stint?  :|

Gunnar20 said:
Runalf said:
TE23 said:
Runalf, even though, as you said, you're in Season 4 (the year 2020), I don't think that McLaren would have caught up with the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari etc, even in real time. Besides, haven't you been offered a contract to drive for another team during your very loyal stint?  :|
You really dont know the meaning of F1 2016 Career mode....  the future seasons have nothing to do with real life, thats the great part of career... bring any team to the top. 

You choose a mid-field team. You think Mercedes are going to sit on there buts all day and not work on their own R&D. When you make progress every one else makes progress. You might get close with McLaren for a bit if you get a lot of R&D points but Mercedes will also research and catch up to you. My suggestion is to accept a contract to a higher team and see what happens.