Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PS4 1.0.4] How to beat Mercedes???

My suggestion is that you should play on easy difficulty so you could beat Mercedes and stop creating these useless topics.

Ho3n3r said:
RPD3 said:
I think the bigger issue is that you are already in season 4
So he should stop playing career mode after season 3, and pretend it's working correctly?
Lol no I just meant I can't believe he is already on season 4 of career. Thats lots of seat time! But I'm just jealous that I havent even had time to get past Monaco on season 1

jayp666 said:
My suggestion is that you should play on easy difficulty so you could beat Mercedes and stop creating these useless topics.
You can clearly see who plays only online. 

I can beat Mercedes, but I want the constructors title so I need McLaren to be better then Mercedes for my teammate to catch up. 

Why dont you just read the discussion instead of talking nonsense? How old are you lol. 

Let me put it this way:

Do you prefer 10 seasons of R&D.
Or do you prefer 4 seasons of R&D and 6 seasons without. 

I think everyone wants 10 seasons of R&D. You are just trolling. 

You choose a mid-field team. You think Mercedes are going to sit on there buts all day and not work on their own R&D. When you make progress every one else makes progress. You might get close with McLaren for a bit if you get a lot of R&D points but Mercedes will also research and catch up to you. My suggestion is to accept a contract to a higher team and see what happens.
Mid field team? How do you know McLaren is a midfield team in 2020? Really guys.... if you dont understand career mode, please dont come here and say R&D is perfect. Because its not. 

Do you see me going to an online discussion and say that everything  is great?  No.... 

You can see the effect a few good results has on a competitor, Sainz and Kvyat had some nice results early in the season and now...

Just finished Silverstone in first season with Manor. Torro Rosso is the second fastest car on the R&D table!!! Sainz is my rival yet he's had a win lol! I'm around the lower points scoring places most races, can make the occasional Top 10 in qually if I like the track, and the racing in the midfield is insane. At Austria we had a drying track so after diving in for a set of dries I emerged from the pits in a group of 9 cars, heading to turn 2 we were pretty much 3 banks of 3 wide, it looked freaking awesome (apart from the slightly glitchy replays).

R&D after race 10.

Mercedes, Torro Rosso, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, Force India, Manor, Haas, McLaren, Renault, Sauber.

Assuming no other teams add any big upgrades I should be adding two more packages after Hungary in time for Spa and Monza which will have me jump Force India into 6th in R&D table. The only way I could see Manor beating Mercedes in championship would be with the pre order multiplier possibly if you maxed out the points gained from each race and ended development early, you could possibly be 1st or 2nd on R&D table by race 2 of second season...

First time I have enjoyed career mode though I also had issues getting past Monaco, eventually made it after 261 flashbacks, Alonso you are a nutter.

Runalf said:
You choose a mid-field team. You think Mercedes are going to sit on there buts all day and not work on their own R&D. When you make progress every one else makes progress. You might get close with McLaren for a bit if you get a lot of R&D points but Mercedes will also research and catch up to you. My suggestion is to accept a contract to a higher team and see what happens.
Mid field team? How do you know McLaren is a midfield team in 2020? Really guys.... if you dont understand career mode, please dont come here and say R&D is perfect. Because its not. 

Do you see me going to an online discussion and say that everything  is great?  No.... 
@Runalf Cloud cuckoo land comes to mind. I'm sure McClaren could do with your optimistic approach. Seems to me that you are too immersed with Career Mode and unable to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Let's revisit this thread in 2020, if CM Forum is still going strong, and see where McClaren are in the real world. Meantime, as DirtKing808 said, move on and sign up to a stronger performing team. That's what I thought Career mode was all about, not just staying with one team to hopelessly try to make them world beaters.  ;)

@Gunnar20 Don't try to convince Runalf how to play... no matter what we say, he refuse to conform to how the game is designed. The emphasize is on the driver's career progression not the team lol, something he don't understand. 

Whoever refusing better contracts and staying with a bad team just hoping to make it number one is fundamentally wrong and don't understand his role in the game. You are not the team principal managing budget and sponsors but just a driver that want a good contract offering to propel his career to the top and as a sideline job, helping the team develop your car on the way. And seriously if the emphasize would be only about R&D, it would be only about which is the fastest team to develop their car... making the game unchallenging. I'm happy there is no R&D in the last years, meaning it's about pure skills if you want to win championship rather than a powerups course.

You can play the game how it's designed and enjoy a great experience, or refuse contracts to propel your career (who seriously would do that IRL?), stay pessimistic, frustrated and open several threads on same subject to share your negativity with others on forum. Some seems to like being unhappy but it's a complete mystery why :smiley: