Sign in to follow this  

Will disc copies of F1 2014 be available in North America?

Last year when F1 2013 was released, the North American version of F1 2013 was delayed until the end of October, then it was delayed once again to December. Then it never came out. The silly excuse was a some stock problem which apparently ended up being never fixed or delt with because the game was never released here. I tried asking for reasons, and I got the same scripted response from both the old forums and customer service through email saying that they had no idea what was happening and that they are working on it. Finally in January, I bought the PAL version of the game after paying outrageous shipping charges (I could have bought the digital version but I personally prefer and like the disc copies so i can play the game at a friends house without having to set up my account on their systems) only to find out that the DLC that the game offered would not work because the game was PAL and the DLC was NTSC (another waste of $15). I demand a apology from Codemasters from what they did to us North American customers. 

So now I ask this question: Will disc copies/physical copies of F1 2014 be available to North Americans? I am giving Codemasters one more chance. 

PS: I really like the new forums

my guess is probably not, theyre probably preoccupied with '14.  I finally got fed up too, so I ordered the PAL version on a gamble that it would work, then downloaded the classic edition bundle on live.  Everything seems to work pretty good.

Haha, yea, what a mess they made of that... I highly doubt that they well release a hard copy now in NA... I guess the question is...will they EVER release an F1 game over here again...

Keep in mind it was released digitally on consoles. While the lack of a physical copy for some may be frustrating, the game was still available.

I've gone entirely digital since the release of the Xbox One, and will continue to do so.

Recon1k said:
I've gone entirely digital since the release of the Xbox One, and will continue to do so.
yeah in the last 2/3 years I have too with the yearly release games like Fifa and F1 when I've wanted them not saying I'd do that with all games as it depends on the game and how much I like it.

I waited a while for the disc version, then I said screw it, I need to play a new F1 game, and bought it on XBL and Steam. :p

This disgusted me. Being from the US, and owning an older Xbox, I had to delete a lot of content on my hard drive to fit this game. I mean really.. What if this type of thing happened with export versions of Call of Duty or some other big name game? I'd bet money it would be straightened out fast. At least Codemasters found a way to keep customers from trading in games. Microsoft should take note.

Play on PC and you don't need a physical version. Play the  game as soon as its released (you get to preload before launch) and PC gets more updates/patches which also come out much quicker than the console ones. Let alone the fact that there are many good modders out there who improve the game so much and the PS4/XB1/Xbox 360 controllers (ps3 can as well if you set it up) all work on PC.

It would be difficult to justify buying it for on console after playing it on it on PC, I surely cannot.

^^^ Not everyone wants to game on PC.

Now I remember why I didn't get F1 2013. I was just sitting here wondering how I over looked it lol. Hopefully they get the physical copy out, because I don't buy digital games for more than 15 bucks. And even then, I usually don't.

Andi said:
Play on PC and you don't need a physical version. Play the  game as soon as its released (you get to preload before launch) and PC gets more updates/patches which also come out much quicker than the console ones. Let alone the fact that there are many good modders out there who improve the game so much and the PS4/XB1/Xbox 360 controllers (ps3 can as well if you set it up) all work on PC.

It would be difficult to justify buying it for on console after playing it on it on PC, I surely cannot.

Not everyone can afford buying a $1000 gaming computer you know...

Yeah, I love PC games a lot, but the problem is, my computer isn't the most powerful. I wouldn't really be willing to pay 1k for a gaming pc when I can just get a console for nearly half the price.

Yeah, I love PC games a lot, but the problem is, my computer isn't the most powerful. I wouldn't really be willing to pay 1k for a gaming pc when I can just get a console for nearly half the price.
I'm just going to quickly mention that you could get a solid gaming PC for about $500-600 most likely, but you would have to build it yourself. Not sure if that is something you would want to do. Personally, up until last week, I was considering the idea of rebuilding my PC, but ended up trading my PS3 in towards a PS4. A lot less hassle, and my 47" TV only supports 1080p, versus playing a PC game on highest settings...on a 23" monitor or something ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love PC gaming, especially those Steam sales, but the hassle-free-ness of console gaming is something I prefer these days.

Now that F1 2014 has been announced, will we get disc/physical copies here in North America or will we get thrown under the bus again? 

thanks to HDMI output on most video cards and steam big picture you can pretty much turn your PC into a console style setup

Here in Brazil one could easily find disc copies of PS3 & Xbox versions of F1 2013 (NTSC, region 1, just like the American version). It makes no sense why there was no disc version in USA.

I'm going to try and get some info on this when I get back to work on Monday. Can't guarantee an answer straight away, but I'll certainly start the conversation. 

To kind of be fair, it wasn't like they wanted to give NA the shaft right from the beginning. I'm not going to say that I know their story of the messed up SKUs is totally true, but they did make a batch of NA discs before something went wrong and they decided not to sell them. I bought one of those copies off Ebay myself. Probably something was wrong with the discs/packaging, and CM or their distributors decided that remaking the discs/packaging would have been more costly than it was worth. So hopefully if nothing actually goes wrong, we'll get discs again. Hopefully they won't just say, "oh sod it, making physical copies is too costly, and we didn't sell them last year anyway, we might as well make it digital only for NA again."

Even though I have been a pretty good supporter of the CM F1 games (I have all of them for PS3), if a physical version won't be available I will 100% not buy it.

Nobody knows how to read a map anymore. Without a GPS they can't find their backside with both hands

F1 2013 discs never made it to North America due to a shipping and logistics error. 

A bunch were made. They just never officially went on sale. I have a copy. It says Region 1 and has a North America ESRB rating.