Sign in to follow this  

Is it just me?

* if I'm posting in the incorrect forum or something pls tell me.

My patience (limited as it is) is really getting tested by this lengthy wait. I wake up every morning and check if there's news. There never is. Patience limetado!

* if I'm posting in the incorrect forum or something pls tell me.

My patience (limited as it is) is really getting tested by this lengthy wait. I wake up every morning and check if there's news. There never is. Patience limetado!

I'm with you !

F1 2010, F1 2011 and F1 2012 has their release dates announced in March each year. F1 2013 was last July.

I can't see why it is taking so long. The game better be something magical.

It really isn't difficult to make a small Press Release with a few game screenshots confirming the release date for later in the year.
And the excuses about Formula One Management being responsible for the delay is rubbish, I bet F1 2010/11/12 also had to get approval from 
Formula One Management and they were announced  in March each year !

I'm really disappointed that Codemasters aren't making use of the big gaming events this year - like E3 2014 in June, Gamescom this month, EGX in September, etc - nor have they been at a Grand Prix like Silverstone to market the game - they are really limiting their marketing with minimal exposure and it's really a disappointment. Steve Hood (T4RG4) and Luke Spring (Hatta) all brag about being able to play F1 2014 so it must in a somewhat playable state to get some screenshots.

But no, it seems the guys at Codemasters are too busy racing go-karts to give us any proper news. And the Codemasters staff don't say anything official besides "We have no release news" or "We can't say anything" but on Twitter they brag "I love driving the new F1 cars" or "I game on F1 2014 now".  This is all a big joke. Heck, they didn't even attempt any F1 2013 DLC so that they could rather work on F1 2014 ...

At least there's Project Cars in November, and it's on next gen, so at least there would be a proper racing game later this year because it seems Codemasters are going to have a flop on their hands if they don't step up their game...

Yeah I agree, it's almost August and still nothing. The long silence is starting to put me off from even thinking about purchasing the game. I just hope there's a very good reason for all this.

"It will be announced soon" and "keep an eye on our Facebook and don't forget to follow us on Twitter!" 

That was before Silverstone. So assuming we will not get any info this weekend, their "soon" means 3 races later. 

Personally I find their style funny. First they flat-out confirm something in the interviews for the previous game, then a year later "we can't confirm that, sorry!"

Last year Andy Gray said "we have hit the peak of where we can go with the current-gen stuff, not only in terms of visuals but obviously physics and everything. Having more power, as you say, enables us to do a lot more. Automatically the skip up to 60 frames per second, for example, on next-gen will enable the handling to move on leaps and bounds, because the more frames you have, the more the contact points there are essentially."

A year ago: ""While I can't give away any secrets, I can tell you we are cooking up a storm here at Codemasters and we can't wait to show you what we are planning for the next game," Codemasters' Paul Jeal (Game Director) and Anthony Filice (Art Director) wrote on the Codies Blog while discussing the benefits next-gen consoles will bring to the racing franchise.

Steve Hood/Eurogamer on F1 2013: "Obviously in the future people will be talking about coming out on next-gen, and a company of Codemasters' size is always looking to tomorrow, but we thought it was time for us now to do one final iteration on the current-gen."

Add to that all the tweets from T4RG4 about the new machines this, new machines that and it's plainly obvious that F1 2014 is going to be on PS4 and Xbox One because Hatta confirmed that it won't be PS4 exclusive (well, it could be only on PC, PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360...).

T4RG4 also said on Twitter that PS3 and PS4 players can't play with each other because the games would be completely different. Meaning that PC/PS4/X1 versions will be (hopefully) brand new from the scratch and PS3/XO versions will be the same, only with updated drivers, cars and tracks. They've also said numerous times that classic content is not a one-off and it is here to stay. 

I kind of think they had the buzz and hype through the roof at one point with Twitter and this forum exploding and every gaming site writing that "F1 2014 could be announced today!" I think that momentum has tailed off and they lost their window. Sure, F1 game on next gen is going to be big news any day of the year but not as big as it could have been. 

To be honest, whoever is responsible for planning the release of F1 2014 is doing a poor job. The lack of news is pathetic.

How it could've been : 
E3 2014 - F1 2014 release date revealed in a short trailer (announce it as coming early November as that would give MORE than enough time for you to finish it and would give the fans some assurance) showing some classic cars and some scenes from races that have passed (ie. Rosberg vs Hamilton at Bahrain, Ricciardo's win in Montreal, some good overtakes and battles, the various crashes, etc) and confirming which platforms.
19 June - First Hot Lap video showing Vettel in the RB10 around the Red Bull Ring that hosts the Austrian GP that weekend.
27 June - Second Hot Lap video showing Button in the MP4-29 around Silverstone. 
3 July - Codemasters shows off F1 2014 live at Silverstone and offers hands on gameplay with a demo featuring Silverstone with choosing either Hamilton or Button as the player driver, and then another option to drive around Brands Hatch as Nigel Mansell in a classic car.
18 July - Third Hot Lap video showing Rosberg in the W05 around Hockenheim.
27 July - Fourth Hot Lap video showing Hamilton in the W05 around the Hungaroring.

And keep doing Hot Lap videos for each race that passes : 
Bottas at Spa
Alonso at Monza
Ricciardo at Singapore
Kobayashi at Suzuka

Release a small demo before the Russian GP, it could contain the championship leading driver's car and maybe a classic car with the opportunity to test the new Sochi track in time trial.

And more Hot Laps videos :
Kvyat at Sochi
Raikonnen in the USA
Massa in Brazil
include some classic cars/track hotlaps too.

Be present at Gamescom with a demo of Vettel/Rosberg/Sutil around Hockenheim and Spa (maybe classic Nurburgring if it's included).
Be present at EGX with a demo of Singapore/Monza with Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel.

Result = Profit = Fans happy = Success

Currently, Codemasters are going to have Result = Bad sales = Fans unhappy = Flop...

I am really annoyed for 2 reasons:

1. Its only a game and I really shouldn't care when and if the announce and release

2. Despite this "stuffing around", not releasing news and what feels like taking fans of franchise for granted....I am still going to buy the game and Codies know that.

wouldn't it be great if they were holding back an announcement as they were building a server mainframe with dedicated servers for whole grid races on multiplayer solely for next gen machines? i'd rather hear things like that than all this constant negativity surrounding the release date of a game lol speculate about things you would love to be happening behind the scenes. its not like this is the first f1 game they have released when the season is almost finished its always a late release. i don't undersatand why people demand "news" saying its pathetic or trying to foresee sales and reactions its all nonsence. there has been lots of "news" surrounding the much hyped project cars but where is it?? thought we'd be playing it a year ago?? thats what happens when you give out too much news and cant back it up on-time with a final product. now that whole project is delayed again as the next gen machines were more complicated than anticipated and they are working solely on 1 project yet the hype is still remarkable for a game that's not even been released, codies have a year to do it and always release a game when they say they will, sure I have complained about codies in the past but this is just ott, let it run its course and see what comes out of it.

wouldn't it be great if they were holding back an announcement as they were building a server mainframe with dedicated servers for whole grid races on multiplayer solely for next gen machines? i'd rather hear things like that than all this constant negativity surrounding the release date of a game lol speculate about things you would love to be happening behind the scenes. its not like this is the first f1 game they have released when the season is almost finished its always a late release. i don't undersatand why people demand "news" saying its pathetic or trying to foresee sales and reactions its all nonsence. there has been lots of "news" surrounding the much hyped project cars but where is it?? thought we'd be playing it a year ago?? thats what happens when you give out too much news and cant back it up on-time with a final product. now that whole project is delayed again as the next gen machines were more complicated than anticipated and they are working solely on 1 project yet the hype is still remarkable for a game that's not even been released, codies have a year to do it and always release a game when they say they will, sure I have complained about codies in the past but this is just ott, let it run its course and see what comes out of it.

I agree tbh I'm just pretending there isn't an F1 2014 until CM officially say there is going to be one. Also I'm not that excited for it right now after what happened with 2013. They need to win me back if they want me to purchase 2014.

I like that they focus on finishing the game and making sure it's in the best possible shape before release instead of releasing demo, dev diaries and other stuff that would take too much resources.

What would be more than enough:

- press release containing info about the game

- stack of screenshots (especially PS4/X1)

- trailer

- maybe 1 or 2 onboard hot laps down the line

I think the best thing they could do is tell everyone what platforms it will be on to put everyones minds at rest and then we can all look forward to its release, unless the news is bad about next gen,,fingers crossed

I think the best thing they could do is tell everyone what platforms it will be on to put everyones minds at rest and then we can all look forward to its release, unless the news is bad about next gen,,fingers crossed

I agree If I were CM I'd just get it announced and what systems it's on because at the end of the day I think that would help stop all these speculation topics popping up as it's getting ridiculous now.

its all become a bit of a joke,  no information, codemaster staff treating us with contempt, steve hood and his pathetic twitter feeds.   we should all vote with our wallet and dont buy the game that will wipe the smile off their faces plenty of other racing games on the horizon

I really don't know why people get so agitated about it. It'll be released when it's released, and when it is, it'll either be worth buying or it won't. Until then, there are plenty of other games to play.

think we should give them until end of month to start releasing information or we should organise a boycott.  how hard is it to release some screenshots, a press release and maybe a video.

mb1973 said:

think we should give them until end of month to start releasing information or we should organise a boycott.  how hard is it to release some screenshots, a press release and maybe a video.

How hard is it to wait and get on with your life in the meantime?

its nothing to with fom as stated by hatta a codemasters employee  its their own "internal issues"

Because of us they make money.... I am not liking this slow ass F1 this year anyway.... Trying to figure out how to freken quit watching and playing there games...

I don't get why FOM is to blame, why would they hold it back? An F1 game draws attention to the sport, not the opposite. If I was FOM, I'd be giving Codemasters the green light every time, all the time... :\

DWTDevil said:

I don't get why FOM is to blame, why would they hold it back? An F1 game draws attention to the sport, not the opposite. If I was FOM, I'd be giving Codemasters the green light every time, all the time... :\

I assume it's because they've got to make sure they're putting out a product that isn't so crap it degrades F1s image, so they have to do Their own QA before it's shown. Although there is also that old saying that all publicity is good publicity, so I guess it's a balance.

I really don't know why people get so agitated about it. It'll be released when it's released, and when it is, it'll either be worth buying or it won't. Until then, there are plenty of other games to play.

Well, I want to race a F1 that is same season as real F1! Not a game that is build on the year before.

A release in November with 2014 season is crap. Then the whole season is over  for F1.

Better to release it early 2015 with updated cars and tracks and drivers for that season.

To miss E3, Eurogamer and all the other expo's is just bad marketing.

I know Codies is smaller than other developers, but from the top to the bottom it just seems like its run by 6 blokes in a shed.

I don't see the point of ranting about something that doesn't matter. Realistically the game will be released before Christmas (hopefully November time). FOM may be restricting Codemasters from releases info. Codemasters will read all of this and understand what everyone is saying but they only need telling once. Stop moaning and get on with your life and be PATIENT!!!