Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disconnected players cars do not ghost

https://youtu.be/JqEc-SnY1Tg

From 30:00 to 31:00. This has to to be sorted. Luckily this wasn't a league race and only a test session. When someone leaves/ disconnects it's great they have a chance to come back but the AI which controls their car HAS to be ghosted. It's caused so many problems and will continue to unless something is done about it. 

Hi HiNDLE, we're in the process of making the cars ghost when players disconnect to match the functionality when players pause the game.

Lozzy said:
Hi HiNDLE, we're in the process of making the cars ghost when players disconnect to match the functionality when players pause the game.
Great to hear, thanks @Lozzy

Lozzy said:
What is the purpose of keeping the ghost cars around, is it so that someone can reconnect and resume their race?  Does this work now in the current build?

NickDahy said:
Lozzy said:
What is the purpose of keeping the ghost cars around, is it so that someone can reconnect and resume their race?  Does this work now in the current build?
Ideally we want the AI cars to be removed from the track but @Lozzy has not confirmed if this will become an option, so if the AI cars are going to stay on the track we want them ghosted so they do not ruin league races in Front Row Racing

NickDahy said:
Lozzy said:
Yes, and yes.

Hi @Lozzy any eta on this? Our league could be forced to not start until this is fixed which hopefully isn't the case. 

Last night, 2 people in my league crashed because of the ghost cars, battles ruined by drivers having to avoid the ghost cars.

Please get this fixed ASAP @Lozzy, @Britpoint, @Hoo, @Jennyannem

I can't really say with any certainty at the moment. We need to get the PC 1.5.0 patch out first, then we'll take stock of what issues still need to be addressed and look to do another patch. Best guess at the moment is that won't be out until next week now at the earliest.

I believe we've now made paused and disconnected players cars drive at the AI level the host specifies in the lobby, by default that's Medium, so you could put that on Very Easy so they're easier to overtake quickly or Legend so they're quicker in general and less likely to get in the way.

Lozzy said:
I can't really say with any certainty at the moment. We need to get the PC 1.5.0 patch out first, then we'll take stock of what issues still need to be addressed and look to do another patch. Best guess at the moment is that won't be out until next week now at the earliest.

I believe we've now made paused and disconnected players cars drive at the AI level the host specifies in the lobby, by default that's Medium, so you could put that on Very Easy so they're easier to overtake quickly or Legend so they're quicker in general and less likely to get in the way.
@Lozzy disconnected players are still going at very-easy difficulty pace even though the difficulty was set to Legend

Please just take them out of the game it was a nice idea but it just hasn't worked there is no shame in trying something,finding it doesn't work and scrapping it.Its ruining league racing and needs to be hot fixed very quickly.

An additional problem is that on the PC platform you can't even get back into an invite only session so this feature is 100% useless for league racing. Steam invites disappear after the game is closed so in case of a game engine crash(by far the most likely scenario in our test races) the guy who exits has no way to get back in whilst his ai car will drive around for the rest of the race at turtle pace.

I'm happy that the ai are being worked on so that they ghost but I still think giving an option to completely disable this feature would be useful, especially on PC

@TyranoTigger can someone in the session not invite you back in? I appreciate that's not ideal but it's better than missing out altogether and if the disconnection happens towards the end of the race you might get some points out of it at least instead of the disconnect being fatal. It's not like an FPS where someone else can come along and take your place so we might as well give people the opportunity to come back.

That in an Invite Only session disconnected players would require a new invite is an issue we identified a while back but there isn't an easy way to solve it. Are you using Multiplayer Championship or Custom sessions to run your league?

Lozzy said:
@TyranoTigger can someone in the session not invite you back in? I appreciate that's not ideal but it's better than missing out altogether and if the disconnection happens towards the end of the race you might get some points out of it at least instead of the disconnect being fatal. It's not like an FPS where someone else can come along and take your place so we might as well give people the opportunity to come back.

That in an Invite Only session disconnected players would require a new invite is an issue we identified a while back but there isn't an easy way to solve it. Are you using Multiplayer Championship or Custom sessions to run your league?
On steam there is no way to invite people back in once the session has started Lozzy. Even if it was possible it would require someone to pause and manually send someone another invite which would be another issue altogether. So far the number of people disconnecting is far far fewer than the people who are crashing to desktop, usually in the transition from the lobby to qualifying. Its very rare that we make it to quali without at least one person dropping out and in that case there is no way to get them back in.

Another issue is people rage quitting because then we are left racing an ai that is an incredible amount off the pace for the next 30 laps. We had a 50% race at Canada where someone quit early on and I ended up lapping his ai car 5 times before the end of the race. This will be largely solved when the cars are ghosted so I look forward to that patch :)

We are running custom sessions at the moment. 

@Lozzy The no invite situation is also a problem on xbox. When the lobby is set to invite only, you cannot invite other drivers via the friends list on the actual social app. The only way you can invite people is via the invite friends feature you guys have, which of course is not usable when all the people are in the session. So those who disconnect out of a league race have no way to get back in unless the lobby is at least on friends only which is not an option because any old randomer could join anyone racing's session when they are not in the league. I hope it would be possible to make the invite to game feature on the xbox social usable in these types of session so then at least a streamer or something could give him an invite back into the game :)

Lozzy said:
@Lozzy Would it be possible to add some kind of auto-rejoin feature? Where for example if you disconnect from a race, a message could pop up asking if you want to return/reconnect to the lobby you were in.

@Worntoathread that all depends on what the infrastructure provided by the first parties allows us to do. Without speaking to the network guys I can't really answer that but I do think that would be the ideal solution to the rejoin issue.

Please just take them out of the game it was a nice idea but it just hasn't worked there is no shame in trying something,finding it doesn't work and scrapping it.Its ruining league racing and needs to be hot fixed very quickly.
It does work though. They just need to ghost. 

First of all sorry for my Bad english i try my best.

So we have the Bug too this AI Cars ruin our League races in Australia and Bahrain, in Australia some of our player disconnected in the Race they REJOIN  but now listen.  He drives his car  all good BUT  there was another Car the same Car like his own but the AI control them so he was 2 Times out there in our Race. 

One Time himself  and the SAME car   as an AI driver., these AI Cars ruin our first two League races so we Stopped our League since Yesterday, please fix this give players the Option to Rejoin with AI  or dissable no Rejoin no Ai no Ghost, let this be our choice.

AI @ 06:40  
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBNh7psUFU

Ai @ 19:04  ruins the Race of my mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3AlDuxoIEQ

please do something about that !

@Lozzy it also looks like AI after disconnects are always set to very easy, no matter what the lobby AI settings are. I did a race and after a disconnect an AI car was driving +20 seconds a lap slower, so I checked the race settings on-track and it was AI level: Expert, yet after the race in the results the difficulty level for the AI cars were 'very easy'.

The disconnected players not ghosting and the speed they drive at always being very slow are both fixed in the next patch.

Lozzy said:
The disconnected players not ghosting and the speed they drive at always being very slow are both fixed in the next patch.

We will be able to invite players after a session has started? Right now we can't

@lozzy any idea when the patch for those 2 major issues for online gameplay will come out 

we had to live with it in our last league race and it affected results to an extent. I for example to avoid colliding with slow AI (running expert level) lost my gap advantage by 3-4 seconds. AI tend to move off racing line in such cases which is good but what about when they are in corners

please we need this ASAP
we are reaching Monaco round in couple of weeks and it will be a disaster if not fixed by then

@LGS469 we know, I don't know how simple this is to fix though. Leave it with me.

@TARJAM when it's ready you'll know, keep an eye on the forums.

StTARJAM said:
@lozzy any idea when the patch for those 2 major issues for online gameplay will come out 

we had to live with it in our last league race and it affected results to an extent. I for example to avoid colliding with slow AI (running expert level) lost my gap advantage by 3-4 seconds. AI tend to move off racing line in such cases which is good but what about when they are in corners

please we need this ASAP
we are reaching Monaco round in couple of weeks and it will be a disaster if not fixed by then
Stop your League for 1-2 Weeks like we do, Problem solved

Lozzy said:
@LGS469 we know, I don't know how simple this is to fix though. Leave it with me.

@TARJAM when it's ready you'll know, keep an eye on the forums.
Great News cant wait to see that Patch