DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 3 port to steamworks date?

Is there any kind of ETA on the port being completed? I want to race against my friends and crush their souls. :(

I'd like to know this too, but they have said many times before that there's news yet, and they'll let us know as they can.

I suspect all the devs are very busy with upcoming games, like DiRT4, so there's probably not many people working on the Steamworks port, if any.

Lee is it likely to be this year? I assume the guys are hard at work on whatever is the future of the series, rather than the old game, plus GFWL isn't totally dying yet (though we can't buy any DLC any more).

Perhaps Codies you could release a patch that upgrades everyone to the Complete Edition (once Dirt4 is out) then there would be no need for anything more, should GFWL continue to work for the near future (of course Steamworks integration = more useful features for everyone though)

The DiRT team aren't the ones doing the port so it's not affected by that. 

As for a date I do know what we're aiming for but I've but I'm not sharing that info in case it ends up changing again.

Just wondering if you know what the situation with game saves and achievement progress will be? Will old game saves work with the new Steamworks version, or will you have to start again? And i assume achievements will have to be earned again?

Appreciate the info Lee :)

Just wondering if you know what the situation with game saves and achievement progress will be? Will old game saves work with the new Steamworks version, or will you have to start again? And i assume achievements will have to be earned again?

No idea yet, obviously we'd rather that didn't happen but going off what I know from other games that made the switch you could end up loosing them so no promises.

No idea yet, obviously we'd rather that didn't happen but going off what I know from other games that made the switch you could end up loosing them so no promises.

No worries, that is what i was expecting to happen.

is this justbiglee at Blackfoot Studio forum member?

My butthertz since I can't log into Window Live Sign-On whatever and can't get my DLC anymore...anyhoo.  I'll just replay DiRT3 ALL OVER again, since it's a nice escape from my mundane daily driving.

ROCK ON!!!