Sign in to follow this  

Anyone playing with H pattern + Manual Clutch

I wonder if there are people using H pattern with manual clutch? Anyone playing with it competitively online ?

I've been playing with sequential sifters till now using my G27 paddles. But as I found it a bit weird controlling a stick shift car with paddles, tried using the H pattern with manual clutch. Surprisingly it is implemented quite well. The clutch release as in real life in my view is too complicated to replicate in a game. Last time I tried H pattern was in Shift 2 and was not satisfied. For the purpose, codemasters have done a fine job.

I found the lower level cars useless after playing with supercars and formula cars. But with H pattern, they are fun. Have been racing with mini cooper and although lap times are comparatively down, still a better way to play if not online. 

I've got one for my fanatec, wheel but I don't like the pattern on it, so I haven't tried it after using it for NASCAR. So I have a Stick/Sequential mounted on the side and I have paddles. I like the paddles for most of the car on GAS, but use the stick for NASCAR and other 4 gear shifters. As long as your having fun thats what counts. 

Yes. I use an H-Pattern + clutch using heel toe shifting with my Fanatec Clubsport Shifter and DSD Wilwood pedals.

Here is a video with a pedal camera and over the shoulder camera so you can see my pedals in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAR29NmnME0

For touring cars etc I use my DSD sequential shifter and for open wheelers I use my formula steering wheel with paddles. I try to use the same shifter as the real world car would have.