Sign in to follow this  

2014 Verizon IndyCar Series Discussion Thread

2014 is going to be an action packed year for IndyCar. We see a new track added to the schedule, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course for the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis and new famous faces coming or returning to IndyCar: NASCAR driver Kurt Busch and former F1 driver Jacques Villeneuve will race in the 98th Indianapolis 500, and Former F1, NASCAR, and IndyCar driver Juan Pablo Montoya returns to IndyCar this season. The schedule is as follows:

1. St. Petersburg 
2. Long Beach
3. Barber Motorsports Park
4. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
5. Indianapolis Motor Speedway (98th Indianapolis 500)
6. Belle Isle Street Circuit (Race 1)
7. Belle Isle Street Circuit (Race 2)
8. Texas Motor Speedway
9. Houston Street Circuit (Race 1)
10. Houston Street Circuit (Race 2)
11. Pocono Raceway
12. Iowa Speedway
13. Toronto Street Circuit (Race 1)
14. Toronto Street Circuit (Race 2)
15. Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
16. Milwaukee Mile
17. Sonoma Raceway
18. Auto Club Speedway

With Montoya back in the series I will try to see how he does. First race wasn't very good. The sport in general needs to get off of the ovals and onto the road courses full time. The cars are just too fast for the 1.5 mile ovals.

I had planned my first post after the community guys let me loose on here to be the creation of an IndyCar thread, but I have been beaten to it! Good work guys. :) Started getting into this series in 2012 and last year was a brilliant season of racing. It's now pretty much my favourite motorsport.

Looking forward to Long Beach on Sunday as I prefer that circuit to St. Petersburg. My money's on Will Power but the great thing about IndyCar is you get a lot of surprises.

Hoping to see some steady improvement with JPM. Once he gets really comfortable in the cars, don't be surprised if he's running up front consistently and picking up wins. He's got a load of talent.

Some real bumper car racing at Long Beach tonight. Four of five cars out in one corner, and Simon Pagenaud got turned around by Will Power - didn't leave many crossing the finish line!

Pretty good race though. Mike Conway shows what a class act he is every time he steps into a race car.

Love these races in Alabama, Montoya reminding everyone of his class in tricky conditions!

Edit: aaaaaaaaand he's in the gravel. Never mind. XD

After a good race and the new IMS road course two weeks ago, it's almost time for the Indy 500! This is a good chance for all you guys who maybe don't watch all that much oval racing to give it a go, and appreciate the spectacle.