Sign in to follow this  

Upgrades........don't do anything.

I'm convinced. I just took a McLaren onto Indy, ran a lap, then came to a complete stop. My top speed was 206, but I don't remember the laptime. Then, I put on all upgrades. Top speed was still 206, and the brake points were almost identical. So, like........what's the point of these upgrades?

Well I would guess the true test would be a power-lap. I think for myself in some cars the brake upgrade is very noticeable. Try starting some where on a track like Indy where the braking zones have #'s posted and pick a speed that is easy to get to everytime like 100 or higher and just slam on the brakes when hit your braking zone marker & just do it like 3 or 4 times each. With the upgrade on and off. 

You could do the same thing with acceleration just start at a certain point on a straight and then go like heck to start finish line and see what your mph/kph is with the upgrade on or off. 

A quick way to check this would be to go to custom cup practice and do it. But eveytime you do it just hit flashback when you are done and then you just do it again maybe 5 times or so to get an average. You just have to remember your speed or distance's everytime you do the test. 

Upgrades do work.

I ran an oval race on Indy using the BMW TC. Top speed without upgrades on at stock was about 157/158mph, but with all upgrades on was about 161/162mph.

I also ran a few practice laps on Istanbul Intermediate in the Cruze TC and my best lap with the same tuning but no upgrades was 1.29.5 but with all upgrades I managed a 1.28.8.

I just tried it on the Indy oval with the Viper GTS 52.63 w/o upgrades, & 52.25 w/all upgrade. .38 seconds may not sound like much but on an oval where you are flat out all the way around it is pretty good gain. But yes the top speed was the exact same which is fairly puzzling. Because some of the upgrades do show that they are supposed to raise your top speed. 

Then I ran the GP circuit in the Viper GTS and I was 2.5 seconds faster on avg. So I guess they do help some. 

Now for braking. It was about 125 yards or meters to brake from 145 mph. With the brake upgrade on. And it was about 150 yards w/o the brake upgrade on.

Without all of the upgrades it was around 140 mph from the start line to the 250 sign. With the upgrades it was about 145 mph. This was on the Indy GP layout

*Results may vary.*

Maybe the differences are greater with slower cars. I just thought it was weird that the car felt exactly the same. Granted, it was an oval, but if I'm upgrading power and acceleration, I should be able to achieve a higher top speed in any car. 

Codemasters did say that the upgrades and the tuning wasn't going to be that noticeable. If u reMember everybody was asking how much those things are going to help.

Upgrades doesn´t mean in any way "instant speed" or better car, it depends in many other aspects like adjusts. Many people doesn´t use dowforce, height car, long or short gears...etc..., for example in Open Wheel C in an oval is crucial to get 2 seconds more to touch gears,  lock differential, downforce and springs, only with this, whitout any motor, steer or the others upgrades. Many cars need different height springs rear and/or forward, if the shift is manual, secuential or automatic, diferential free or lock....

I did many challenges this week with the Lancia and an engine upgrade could complicate a lot to make a better time previously released if the settings are not corct depending on how turns are take or the style, helps and so on. There are many factors that implies an upgrade can help or not to make better times.

Salute.

Hmmm, I certainly do think they make a difference for me.  

I tried It out And i came down to the conclusion that every time you put a upgrade on you have to tweek the tuning a bit to counter it, My mazda rz7 is alot faster with the upgrades on  and the optimised  tuning in place, but if i take all the upgrades off the car handles terrible with the optimised tuning setup, so its a bit delicate.

I've only tested this out with a few of my cars so I cant say its same for all but after reading threads like this I believe not all cars will be faster with the full upgrades on them and the optimized tuning tuning in place , take some off, tweek the tuning and test it out. if it don't quite work then repeat the process until you find a right balance which makes the car feel better, if it feels better for you then you are most likely going to go faster in it.

I should have posted this earlier I DID NOT change any settings. Like upgrades or assists. The only assist I did use was ABS. It was already on so I just left it alone & it was on for every test. 

I was almost changed the tunings based on force of habit ;) especially when the car would only get to 206 on the oval. But then I wonder if you were to change the gear ratios on an upgraded car will it actually produce a higher top speed? Than the car in it's stock configuration. Hmm. I am a big dork when it comes to stuff like this. :#

I did something like that to the Agera, shortened the gear rations to, I think, -30 or -40, and I did get a bit more speed at the end of the Indy straight. I mean, you kinda need to shorten the ratios on all those supercars, as you don't use all that speed anyways.

Codemasters did say that the upgrades and the tuning wasn't going to be that noticeable. If u reMember everybody was asking how much those things are going to help.

This :)

While the upgrades will give some small performance gains they weren't designed to give an unfair advantage to those that aren't running any.

lvl 57 Miglia autosport raceway best lap, 56.8        

lvl 1 Miglia  Autosport raceway best lap  56.7  

Doesnt makes sense to me.   

Some cars feel more powerful,  others dont. 

Same with the brakes.