Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gear indicator on wheel often not displaying

Hi @MatthewFoster to confirm this is on patch 1.5 right? I've seen a few people mention things like this, I'll have a look in to it tomorrow when I'm back in work.

I've managed to find a way to get it back, as I've been trying everything. What I did was start a race in another view and at the end of the first lap go straight into the pit. This made the pit lane limiter come up on the steering wheel. I restarted the race as soon as I entered the pits and driving down the pit lane. At the start of the new race the gears are displayed again. Now I don't know if this will keep happening every race as it didn't do it to me in the last race at Canada and didn't happen at all during practice and qualy etc, but this is still a game breaker for say online. I shouldn't have to do a lap and restart it to get it back. Nevertheless, I'm sure this will be sorted. 

We've done some investigation and we believe this happens only if you retire on track in the session before the race. As such you can work around this by only retiring from the Garage for now. We'll investigate the issue further and I'll try to keep you up to date with any progress,

Lozzy said:
We've done some investigation and we believe this happens only if you retire on track in the session before the race. As such you can work around this by only retiring from the Garage for now. We'll investigate the issue further and I'll try to keep you up to date with any progress,
But what if you crash on track and have to retire? 

Lozzy said:
Firstly my issue is in career secondly why did you close my thread and point me in a direction where there is no solution except for this nonsense about starting a race going to pits then restarting a race?! Is not the point of the forums where we can air our grievances and discuss with one another???

Furthermore, if this is the case regarding the retiring, seeing as the game autosaved after my qualy, are you saying I should throw away German GP altogether, along with the points I would receive, my team standing etc etc!? Are you at least going to apologise for this shambles?

Lozzy said:
It happened to me when I retired in the garage. PS4 multiplayer session Australia. Retired at the beginning of a short qualifying. Went to the grid no gear number. Patch 1.05. @Lozzy

This happened to me on the formation lap in career mode. Ps4, restarted the whole session and it was ok the next time.

Lozzy said:
Has had nothing to do with Retiring for me in quick race. Wont work from the immediate start of the race.

Happened to me in career mode. Practice and qualifying where fine. It disappeared at the race. I didn't retire in the sessions before. I'm playing on Xbox One patch 1.5.0

This has happened to me twice now post 1.0.5 on PS4...
Both times it's happened in multiplayer, at different tracks and in different cars, at the start of the formation lap. I hoped each time it'd reset for the race, but no dice.
On the second time, I pitted on Lap 1 and it reset itself, but this has frankly begun to annoy me as I've got a league starting up soon and I can't be pitting on L1 every race just to fix it.

So what's the word CM? Will it be sorted out anytime soon?  

Updated the thread title because this isn't a PS4 or Multiplayer specific issue. We've found the problem and I believe we have a fix (I've not tested it personally but the bug is marked as resolved). We'll get this fix in to the next patch.

Cool, good to hear you've found a fix (hopefully), so the next question will be, any clue as to when the next update will be? 

Just for information

I have the same issue and i'm on PC. It looks like this happens if the room is set with multiple sessions (eg. quali + race, fp + race and so on). If its a race only the gears are correctly shown on the wheel.

Thank you Lozzy for looking into this was not expecting to have contact with someone working for codemasters! Really impressed.

On a side note: this is the best f1 game I have ever played (and I have played lots). So really well done to you guys at codemasters! 

Lozzy said:
Updated the thread title because this isn't a PS4 or Multiplayer specific issue. We've found the problem and I believe we have a fix (I've not tested it personally but the bug is marked as resolved). We'll get this fix in to the next patch.

Thanks for the reply Lozzy.

Do you have a forecast date for when the next patch will be released? The thing is people JUST CANT play the game if they are not seeing the Gears, so that is a MAJOR ISSUE, do you know what I mean? I'm not trying to say the other issues are less important, but this is a matter of the game being PLAYABLE or not.

Lozzy said:

Thanks for the reply Lozzy.

The thing is people JUST CANT play the game.

[PC]  I always play in cockpit mode and this happened when I made the mistake of changing camera mode to take a  look at the new Mercedes model.  When I returned to cockpit view, no gear numbers.  It was just a case of restarting the game and the came back.  No biggie.  

I feel ripped!
PS4 and XB1 users told Codemasters that there is no Gear indicator on the dash in cockpitview with V1.5.0
! PC-Patch came live 5 days later! Enough time to get a fix, IMHO.
Possible Solutions for me:
Drive in another view -> NOGO!!
Pit after first lap -> NOGO!!
Wait for hotfix -> Only possible solution to not fuck up the race!!
@Lozzy This is another Point for having the OSD like this:

On ALL platforms, noit just the PC via a mod!
When can we expect a hotfix?
I do not look Forward to an answer, I expect one!