Sign in to follow this  

Should f1 2014 be on ps3/360?

Why not? They won't be the same game. More money for Codemasters, more money for development. 

There are probably many people who are stupid enough to buy the older version. 

I don't  think F1 2014 should be on PS3/xbox 360. They keep saying about all these improvements they can make on next gen consoles but the PS3/xbox 360 don't have that capacity so the game would be very much like F1 2013 with 2014 cars

Onikubi said:

Why not? They won't be the same game. More money for Codemasters, more money for development. 

Notwithstanding the fact that not having enough money to buy a new console hardly makes one "stupid", I sincerely doubt CM have enough development resources to make two different versions of the game. So I'd wager we'll likely either see it on one generation only, or it'll essentially be the same game on both bar some spit and polish for next gen.

Onikubi said:

Notwithstanding the fact that not having enough money to buy a new console hardly makes one "stupid", I sincerely doubt CM have enough development resources to make two different versions of the game. So I'd wager we'll likely either see it on one generation only, or it'll essentially be the same game on both bar some spit and polish for next gen.

I think that if it does come out on last gen it will just be a rehash of F2013 with new car models and performance, team members etc. One way they could deal with next gen last gen issues is to announce a DLC pack for PS360 F12013 that contains the new years cars, drivers and performance. I don't know for sure, but I think there is only 1 track change.

My guess is that there are/have been a load of people at CM punching furiously away on calculators trying to figure out what to do.

Yes it should be.   There are more PS3 and 360's out there, so would make more financial sense to release it on those platforms.   Plus, I only own the last gen systems and unless Logitec release drivers for its wheels (DFGT, G25, G27) I won't be buying a PS4.

If they actually want to make progress with the game then it can't be on 360/ps3, but the only chance I have of buying it, and I suspect its the same for many people, is if it is. I won't be buying a next gen console for one or two games. I'm waiting until there are at least 4/5 I want to play on there.