Jump to content Jump to content

UDP TELEMETRY SETTINGS ? PS4

Gamer82678

• Codemasters Staff

UDP output is now supported on both Xbox One and PS4 as well as PC. You just need to turn it on in the menu and enter the appropriate IP address and port for your listening app.

The apps themselves are developed by third parties, so the supported devices and functionality is down to them (please tell the developer if there is an issue). We have tested this system already using the SLIMax Manager from EKSimRacing (broadcasting from console to PC), but other apps are available...

Hoo said:

UDP output is now supported on both Xbox One and PS4 as well as PC. You just need to turn it on in the menu and enter the appropriate IP address and port for your listening app.

The apps themselves are developed by third parties, so the supported devices and functionality is down to them (please tell the developer if there is an issue). We have tested this system already using the SLIMax Manager from EKSimRacing (broadcasting from console to PC), but other apps are available...

Is there somewhere a documentation about what is sent over the UDP? Something like an SDK?
  • Codemasters Staff

Enter the options menu from the main menu (triangle  / Y), go to settings and you'll see the new UDP option at the bottom of the list.

Unfortunately, we didn't add this option into the in-game pause menu so it is only available from the main menu. This was an oversight which we'll look to address at some point.

• Codemasters Staff
The telemetry works in all modes - I've just tested career mode on my setup. If you are having issues with specific apps then you are best trying through their forums.
Hoo said:

Where can I find the UDP packet specifications?
type of data, length, etc...
The one that EnsiFerrum linked works. I am playing on the PS4 with the app on my laptop. Set up was easy, just typed my laptop's IP address into the setting in F1 2016.

The live telemetry is good, and looking at the app when the session is still going (or before starting another one). However it seems that loading lap data from files doesn't work too well. I only get the last 3rd of  the lap.

Does this mean that you can use SIMR-F1 mods on PS4 with F1 2016? :)
yep!

and today I release a new build of SIM Race F1 EMU for Android (old gen EMU) 100% FREE, so in short you take the SLIMax Manager Pro v3.4.6
+ the SRF1EMU.apk 2.0.3 for Android
+ the F1 2016 Console Bridge
and enjoy the game with your PS4 or XB1 Console!

Related link:
DOWNLOAD latest SLIMax Mgr Pro:
http://www.eksimracing.com/new-slimax-manager-pro/

DOWNLOAD the EMU:
http://www.eksimracing.com/sliemu-sli-pro-emulator-for-android/

F1 2016 Console Bridge DOWNLOAD and Info
http://www.eksimracing.com/f1-2016-console-bridge-use-usb-displays-and-emu-with-your-ps4-and-xb1/

Seems tricky as we cannot run the manager from the console but if you follow the install instructions and, obviously, allow communication between applications when your firewall asks you to do so, this should be ok.
Cheers,
z

matthad said:
The one that EnsiFerrum linked works. I am playing on the PS4 with the app on my laptop. Set up was easy, just typed my laptop's IP address into the setting in F1 2016.

The live telemetry is good, and looking at the app when the session is still going (or before starting another one). However it seems that loading lap data from files doesn't work too well. I only get the last 3rd of  the lap.

(modify the hardware_settings_config.xml).... can  i ask mate did you have to do this step for ps4 it says you have to do it but im guessing thats for p.c as i cant find the xml file to modify it ??

Archived