Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UDP TELEMETRY SETTINGS ? PS4

UDP output is now supported on both Xbox One and PS4 as well as PC. You just need to turn it on in the menu and enter the appropriate IP address and port for your listening app.

The apps themselves are developed by third parties, so the supported devices and functionality is down to them (please tell the developer if there is an issue). We have tested this system already using the SLIMax Manager from EKSimRacing (broadcasting from console to PC), but other apps are available...

Hoo said:

UDP output is now supported on both Xbox One and PS4 as well as PC. You just need to turn it on in the menu and enter the appropriate IP address and port for your listening app.

The apps themselves are developed by third parties, so the supported devices and functionality is down to them (please tell the developer if there is an issue). We have tested this system already using the SLIMax Manager from EKSimRacing (broadcasting from console to PC), but other apps are available...

Is there somewhere a documentation about what is sent over the UDP? Something like an SDK?

Enter the options menu from the main menu (triangle  / Y), go to settings and you'll see the new UDP option at the bottom of the list.

Unfortunately, we didn't add this option into the in-game pause menu so it is only available from the main menu. This was an oversight which we'll look to address at some point.

You might give this a try.

I hvae not tested it, as it uses JAVA and I won't install a security-risk on my PC just for one program!

Java is not a security risk. The Java web plugin is a security risk, but this app doesn't use that.

can this be used in career mode as ive downloaded the app on my laptop opened the telemetry programme done some laps in practice 1 and no data is showing ive set the ip address and udp on in my menu section of the game .. many thanks

The telemetry works in all modes - I've just tested career mode on my setup. If you are having issues with specific apps then you are best trying through their forums.

Hoo said:

Where can I find the UDP packet specifications?
type of data, length, etc...

The one that EnsiFerrum linked works. I am playing on the PS4 with the app on my laptop. Set up was easy, just typed my laptop's IP address into the setting in F1 2016.

The live telemetry is good, and looking at the app when the session is still going (or before starting another one). However it seems that loading lap data from files doesn't work too well. I only get the last 3rd of  the lap.

Does this mean that you can use SIMR-F1 mods on PS4 with F1 2016? :)
yep!

and today I release a new build of SIM Race F1 EMU for Android (old gen EMU) 100% FREE, so in short you take the SLIMax Manager Pro v3.4.6
+ the SRF1EMU.apk 2.0.3 for Android
+ the F1 2016 Console Bridge
and enjoy the game with your PS4 or XB1 Console!

Related link:
DOWNLOAD latest SLIMax Mgr Pro:
http://www.eksimracing.com/new-slimax-manager-pro/

DOWNLOAD the EMU:
http://www.eksimracing.com/sliemu-sli-pro-emulator-for-android/

F1 2016 Console Bridge DOWNLOAD and Info
http://www.eksimracing.com/f1-2016-console-bridge-use-usb-displays-and-emu-with-your-ps4-and-xb1/

Seems tricky as we cannot run the manager from the console but if you follow the install instructions and, obviously, allow communication between applications when your firewall asks you to do so, this should be ok.
Cheers,
z

this might be a stupid question but does pcars dash work with f1 2016's udp output? If not, what applications do work if i wanted to use a tablet, thanks!

Same question here. I do not to complicate things and have a laptop next toe to have my android device mounted to my f1 rim give me a display
pcars app did it
any similar app out there!?

matthad said:
The one that EnsiFerrum linked works. I am playing on the PS4 with the app on my laptop. Set up was easy, just typed my laptop's IP address into the setting in F1 2016.

The live telemetry is good, and looking at the app when the session is still going (or before starting another one). However it seems that loading lap data from files doesn't work too well. I only get the last 3rd of  the lap.

(modify the hardware_settings_config.xml).... can  i ask mate did you have to do this step for ps4 it says you have to do it but im guessing thats for p.c as i cant find the xml file to modify it ??

You don't need to modify that setting. On ps4 in the main menu hit triangle, then settings. I'm at work now, but in one of the menus it mentions UDP telemetry. Turn it on. The setting below let's you add the ip address of your pc. 

thanks for the quick reply matthad ive done those steps including setting my ip address of my ladtop but still no luck. does the telemetry work straight away live or do you need to do so many laps for it to register ?? 

Someone tell us please, is there an app out there android or IOS consoles Like pcars dash for F1 2016 not requiring a PC 

thank you

TARJAM said:
Someone tell us please, is there an app out there android or IOS consoles Like pcars dash for F1 2016 not requiring a PC 

thank you
Nothing yet. If Codemasters can release the UDP info, the developers can have something to work with.