Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UDP TELEMETRY SETTINGS ? PS4

TARJAM said:
UDP is enabled after last patch .. so it is released
Without documentation is like doing brain surgery with a  hammer until something works.

TARJAM said:
How's the app needing PC mentioned above is working? 
Info NOT public doesn't mean that info DO NOT exist... someone has... or maybe reverse engineering

thanks for the quick reply matthad ive done those steps including setting my ip address of my ladtop but still no luck. does the telemetry work straight away live or do you need to do so many laps for it to register ??

Are your ps4 and pc on the same network? Mine worked straight away. 

is there a way i can check that they are .....ive used cmd to find my laptops ip address and entered it on the f1 2016 menus im not to sure if they are on the same network though :/ 

tested JAVA app and working offline (single race)
online qualifying: I don't see graph moving but appa is receiving data, not tested online race (I will)
When launching Java app, Windows told me that my Firewall was blocking some functions and I had to enable them

thanks for the quick reply matthad ive done those steps including setting my ip address of my ladtop but still no luck. does the telemetry work straight away live or do you need to do so many laps for it to register ?? 
Do you have the UDP broadcast option disabled? I initially enabled both options and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working with no prior knowledge of these things. Once I disabled the broadcast option but left the top setting selected it started to work fine.

Out of interest, what is the broadcast setting for on PS4 anyone?

jonnow said:
Do you have the UDP broadcast option disabled? I initially enabled both options and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working with no prior knowledge of these things. Once I disabled the broadcast option but left the top setting selected it started to work fine.

i will give that a try thanks for the tip jonnow i cant at the min though daughters back from skool tele as been took over lol 

I've added the packet info here for anyone that is interested: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/46726/d-box-and-udp-telemetry-information

I hope this is the UDP INFO tht was requested to give us an android or ios app like pcars dash

jonnow said: 

Thanks! This drove me mad as I really thought the Broadcast should be on. But with Broadcast on, no UDP packages was broadcasted for me. I even went so far as to writing my own UDP client and a receiver (on a separate machine) to test that the packages was sent within my network... 

Well, it works now with broadcast off, so thank you, sir!

Since the documentation for the API was released today, I will be working on creating a version of vHUD for F1 2016 (similar to vHUD for Project Cars), which will be available for Windows 10 and shortly after Android.

The game doesn't appear to save UDP being enabled for me on PS4. Once I switch off and return to the game the settings are off again.

zappadoc said:
Does this mean that you can use SIMR-F1 mods on PS4 with F1 2016? :)
yep!

and today I release a new build of SIM Race F1 EMU for Android (old gen EMU) 100% FREE, so in short you take the SLIMax Manager Pro v3.4.6
+ the SRF1EMU.apk 2.0.3 for Android
+ the F1 2016 Console Bridge
and enjoy the game with your PS4 or XB1 Console!

Related link:
DOWNLOAD latest SLIMax Mgr Pro:
http://www.eksimracing.com/new-slimax-manager-pro/

DOWNLOAD the EMU:
http://www.eksimracing.com/sliemu-sli-pro-emulator-for-android/

F1 2016 Console Bridge DOWNLOAD and Info
http://www.eksimracing.com/f1-2016-console-bridge-use-usb-displays-and-emu-with-your-ps4-and-xb1/

Seems tricky as we cannot run the manager from the console but if you follow the install instructions and, obviously, allow communication between applications when your firewall asks you to do so, this should be ok.
Cheers,
z

Not sure how to use these. I have a PS4 with a G29 wheel, what would be the next steps... 

Thanks

jonnow said:
The game doesn't appear to save UDP being enabled for me on PS4. Once I switch off and return to the game the settings are off again.
same issue for me

oscarolim said:
TARJAM said:
UDP is enabled after last patch .. so it is released
Without documentation is like doing brain surgery with a  hammer until something works.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/46726/d-box-and-udp-telemetry-information

oscarolim said:
Since the documentation for the API was released today, I will be working on creating a version of vHUD for F1 2016 (similar to vHUD for Project Cars), which will be available for Windows 10 and shortly after Android.
that's great news and its nice to see you on the F1 forum. 

jonnow said:

i will give that a try thanks for the tip jonnow i cant at the min though daughters back from skool tele as been took over lol 

your suggestion worked a treat ive got it up and running cheers bud 

dwin20 said:
zappadoc said:
Does this mean that you can use SIMR-F1 mods on PS4 with F1 2016? :)
yep!

and today I release a new build of SIM Race F1 EMU for Android (old gen EMU) 100% FREE, so in short you take the SLIMax Manager Pro v3.4.6
+ the SRF1EMU.apk 2.0.3 for Android
+ the F1 2016 Console Bridge
and enjoy the game with your PS4 or XB1 Console!

Related link:
DOWNLOAD latest SLIMax Mgr Pro:
http://www.eksimracing.com/new-slimax-manager-pro/

DOWNLOAD the EMU:
http://www.eksimracing.com/sliemu-sli-pro-emulator-for-android/

F1 2016 Console Bridge DOWNLOAD and Info
http://www.eksimracing.com/f1-2016-console-bridge-use-usb-displays-and-emu-with-your-ps4-and-xb1/

Seems tricky as we cannot run the manager from the console but if you follow the install instructions and, obviously, allow communication between applications when your firewall asks you to do so, this should be ok.
Cheers,
z

Not sure how to use these. I have a PS4 with a G29 wheel, what would be the next steps... 

Thanks
you will find the guys that make these apps are super helpful on getting them running. Really nice guys.  Read the website for the app and somewhere there should be a link to some forum they do support thru. Although it still being early days for this game being available for app use,  I suspect once apps  get a rolling for this F1 2016 game they, will introduce the app on this game forum and use that thread to do support for them with this game.    

dwin20 said:
Thanks @kevinkirk
Having telemetry is a huge addition for this game
   there seems to be missing data not being sent thur the UDP such as gap ahead and behind according to some that are looking at what they can do with this game.  Although hopefully there will be the data we need being sent to get true telemetry.  That means we finally get to see the effect of different car setups, and we should see exactly the effect of no assists  verses using assists and its exact effects on the car.  Not only will it be jumping in the car and race. It also opens up endless testing with the car with real data that we can see changing as we change the setup. We will also see if changing setup does anything at all to the car. No more just changing the setup and just guessing if it feels better.. We can actually see if its better.  Perhaps it will also show the need for more detailed car setup menus because at the moment they are very limited for having telemetry  and things like that. 

I think I know the answer, but question: Is it possible to use any of these telemetry or HUDs with PS4 without having a PC? I have a macbook... I know, it is awful for gaming, but I am new to sims and gaming really in general. I do have an Android tablet though, so maybe if there is a way to do it through that?