Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UDP TELEMETRY SETTINGS ? PS4

RPD3 said:
I think I know the answer, but question: Is it possible to use any of these telemetry or HUDs with PS4 without having a PC? I have a macbook... I know, it is awful for gaming, but I am new to sims and gaming really in general. I do have an Android tablet though, so maybe if there is a way to do it through that?
i use these apps on laptop,and my understanding is if the app is windows 10 compatible then it can be used on anything that runs windows 10. Dont hold me to that and its just a guess. Some apps are android only. Some you have to pay for and some you dont. Im sure there will be at least one you can use eventually. All of it is divided up in different downloads. Meaning windows 10 will have on download to click and android will have a different download you click.     

Windows 10 version of vHUD for F1 2016 has been submitted and hopefully will be available in the next couple of days. It's universal so runs on anything that has windows 10 (mobile, desktop, tablet). Android version will follow soon (this weekend or during next week).
If you want to see how it looks so far:
http://simracingmanager.com/projects-list/vhud-f12016/screenshots

As it was mentioned above, there is limited data that the game sends, so unfortunately at this time my apps won't have the same functionality the Project Cars app has (leaderboards, rivals, upload results, saving results to a file.). If the data ever changes I will of course evaluate the available options.

I get nervous about Windows upgrades - going back to Vista days... So if it is working...

dwin20 said:
Are they Windows 10 only or can they run on 7?

UWP Apps can only run on Windows 10.

Welcome to the future :)

This is not true.
UDP is an old protocol running with old Windows versions: the software developer chooses which ones. BTW... for the final user doesn't change so much :blush:

this is so frustrating, I have installed 3 apps on my tablet and I havent the slightest idea how to configure anything. Is the basic idea the same for all apps or is it very app specific. I did enable udp in game as well, I also added my tablets ip address and left the port number default at 20777 but other than that im totally lost 

this is so frustrating, I have installed 3 apps on my tablet and I havent the slightest idea how to configure anything. Is the basic idea the same for all apps or is it very app specific. I did enable udp in game as well, I also added my tablets ip address and left the port number default at 20777 but other than that im totally lost 
i dont know much about tablets but have you allowed it thur your firewall?

bax said:
dwin20 said:

This is not true.
UDP is an old protocol running with old Windows versions: the software developer chooses which ones. BTW... for the final user doesn't change so much :blush:

UWP = Universal Windows Platform is Windows 10 exclusiv!
UDP = Universal Data Protocol is completely platform Independent.

I did a few laps, but it only seems to keep data for my fastest, not the previous lap to compare. I just get flat lines.

bax said:
dwin20 said:

This is not true.

Yep... now I see... I considered your "W" as a misprint :blush:

I've released a video just now showing how to use the app I built. Hopefully that will help you (and others) out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byo3ycSfle0

Three apps? where did you get them? I only now vHUD for F1 2016, but thats not yet available from the store.

It is not working on PS4 .. can we see it configured on PS4, or the least steps though they are straight forward and simple 
does it work in all modes or specific modes? TT ? Quick race? Online?

The steps are the same as the XboxOne and it works on all game modes.
Do you have version 1.5.0 of the game patch installed?
Do you see the option under Settings for UDP Telemetry Settings?

Same problem for me. vHud Screen says "Waiting for valid session".
UDP Settings are available.

Have to find a program to capture UDP traffic on my laptop to see if there is actually something received from the PS.

oscarolim said:
Yes and yes
Yes i have 1.5 patch and yes i have enabled udp per your video. Did u test it with PS4 and android app?!? 

TARJAM said:
oscarolim said:
Yes and yes
Yes i have 1.5 patch and yes i have enabled udp per your video. Did u test it with PS4 and android app?!? 
I didn't personally tested on a PS4, as I don't own one, however, the app communication is done the same way as the Project Cars one, which has had quite a lot of testing done.
You can use an application like Wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/) which will analyse the packets that are sent through your network.
On it you should see the packets that the game is sending (to confirm that the console is indeed sending the data).
Which device are you using to receive to run the app?

It worked. See the other thread
turned off telemetry broadcast mode and set ip of android device on PS4

EnsiFerrum said:
Close!
UDP == User Datagram Protocol

In broad strokes it's different from TCP in that it's just a stream of packets with no error correction, handshakes, or delivery validation. That makes it good for low latency things on a local network where data fidelity isn't a big concern.

ive done al the above tunred one on nd broadcast off. out ip off my android in but still not working. project cars app works i just cant seem to get this work :/.

Hi all, 

Many many Thanks for the support of UDP telemetry the game now is really cool !!

Please support also Dirt Rally, in rally simulations or games, more then in others, i need a good view on the dashbord and a big gear indicator to race quickly.

i love receive UDP telemetry with Vdash EMU and SLIMax manager pro, simply the best i've tried.. fully configurable and with an incredible load of powerful features that i've never seen in others apps or solutions.
i have been able to make my dashboards using my own graphics and i've download dozens of really good templates from online users.

Those softwares are the best you can try... i cannot go backward. They charmed me.
download them
http://www.eksimracing.com/

i8u4tt said:
 ive done al the above tunred one on nd broadcast off. out ip off my android in but still not working. project cars app works i just cant seem to get this work :/.
Are you talking about vHUD? PS4 console? And android? Did you enter your Android devices IP