Jump to content Jump to content

The Debate/CMV Thread

Personally I'm not 100% certain they did go to the moon. However my favourite conspiracy theory is that Hitler is living up there after faking his own death, building a base on the other side of the moon ready to invade the planet hahaha. I'm pretty sure some retard made a movie about it too.
yugin96 said:
a) Funding.
b) What purpose is there to return to the Moon? We know just about everything we need to know about it, and have moved on to exploring other planets (e.g. Mars).
What he said, we had the tech to get into space long before then, but the US actually managed to get onto the Moon. They went there again several times but it stopped being cost effective very quickly. NASA can't even sent people into space anymore without hitching a lift on Soyuz. They are developing manned craft as we speak though but it's a lengthy process and again they are still awaiting funding. 
It wouldn't surprise me if the first moon landing was faked, but I have no doubt that NASA got there in the ones that followed. 

I only think the first one could have been faked because at the time, obviously it was the Cold War era and winning the Space Race would be a massive thing over the Soviets for the USA. It meant they could slow things down a bit and have more planning time the next time around because they'd already won the space race.

Who knows though?

If the moon landings were fake and that we didn't have the tech to get into space then we wouldn't have a space station and that space shuttle launch disaster was fake?
Nobody is saying that we haven't been to space at all. The thought is that the 69' landing was faked in order to meet President Kennedy's deadline of getting man on the moon and would most likely beat the Soviets in the space race.

• 2 weeks later...
That's a good idea actually @RevolvingPrawn, it would sort out the argument of what happens if the car roles easily! My only worry with closed cockpits is that the driver would be black and orange flagged if something hits the cockpit - bit unfair on the driver.
Exactly, that way the driver has protection from any tires/debris, but if they roll there should still be enough space for them to squeeze out.

As  for something hitting it, they've got that covered ;) They just need to make them out of the material in the second part of the test below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h6GHEEWR_U