Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Disconnected from xbox live'

Hello

Me and some friends have just done practice then fully qualifying and then 3 laps left a 50% race we all got the 'disconnected from xbox live'  error, my connection is stable and this is the first time this has happened, absolute waste of my life that was! Codies can i please have an answer to why this happened? I love your games but they are still bugged to buggery.

Hi @PlardUK, given you all got the same message (at the same time?) I would conclude that Xbox Live was the problem and there is nothing I can do about that.

People in my league have had a few issues regarding disconnections. Overall you don't see any lag & then bang you get the message "disconnected from xbox live" enough we stay connected to xbox live after we receive that message. I think there is something wrong from codies' end. @Lozzy this needs investigating

Lozzy said:
Hi @PlardUK, given you all got the same message (at the same time?) I would conclude that Xbox Live was the problem and there is nothing I can do about that.
Xbox Live was fine, party didn't disconnect, we all got booted out the game

I have xbox live and it works with other games, no issues, but when I launch F1 2014 I can't connect to play multiplayer - I get bumped off xbox live. Anyone?

Well I guess I have to bring this thread back up. Since the release version of the game some of our drivers are getting random "disconnected from xbox live" messages during our races. They stay connected to xbl and we can still talk to them in our party though. We could not recreate this kind of behaviour in any other game. Ports are forwared, according to the settings page the nat is open.

And here I am again. We had our first race yesterday and voila - I got "disconnected from xbox live" 11 laps before the end of the race - after I had fought myself back from p18 to p2  (sc included).

I can gurantee that I was not disconnected from xbox live at all, my party worked, I could even rejoin the lobby. However I could not successfully rejoin the game and take control of my car. Everytime I joined the spectator mode my game crashed. I tried it a couple of times, I even restarted my xbox.

In this race 2 players got this issue in qualifying and they both rejoined. In the race 2 other drivers got this problem and they also rejoined successfully.
So it was just me who could not regain control of his car (I was in my last stint and would have to do another pit stop and therefore would have lost a lot of places -->  http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/47867/f1-2016-glitch-mandatory-tyre-glitch-once-you-join-back-after-lagging-out-fix-asap-please 

Some more background info. All players run at least 16k down/2,4k up dsl/cable connections. All ports are forwarded and everyone's xbox shows "nat open".

This issue occured only a few times in the past couple of weeks and almost never during our season pre races - I did not have it at all...

Take a look at my misery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kugzm1rO36Q

Speaking to our network guys the Xbox Live service is not one service it's many, if you can't connect to one of those services that we deem critical you'll get the message you're seeing. It's perfectly reasonable that you can still talk to your party because that's another service.

As for why this happens I've got no idea, the issue seems to be specific to a handful of users as proved by this thread having a few replies and not everyone on Xbox One replying. I appreciate that's no help to any of you guys though.

Could I suggest you try playing without the Xbox Live party and see if that makes a difference, perhaps you're bandwidth to Xbox Live is limited and it's prioritising the traffic for voice chat instead of other things.

We've had problems with disconnections more often than not in the last few weeks in PS4 with our leagues. Just today we had a few sprint races and maybe 6-7 people got disconnected at some point of these races (we had 16 players in total)´. I was one of them and I  got the same message than people in this topic (in PS4-side so "Disconnected from Playstation Network"). I don't know what others experienced but I've had this message three times now in the last week or so. Before that, never. 

There is definitely something going on because we've had no issues at earlier stages. Now many of us are having issues with disconnections. 

Thank you Lozzy for digging a bit deeper. 

Here is what we have found out about this issue since release.

During our test races with 16-22 players up from release to patch 1.5 we had 2 cases of the "disconnected from xbox live" issue. Both times either the router or other network hardware of the affected driver failed. There was definately no internet connection left for the xbox.

Sine 1.7 we have had 2 races, one testrace 2 weeks ago and our season start in melbourne last sunday. In these races we counted 6 issues with "disconnected from xbox live" , in all of them the drivers stayed connected to other live services and were able to rejoin the online lobby within minutes, allthough not all of them were actually able to regain control of their car due to games crashes while reconnecting.

With the info I got here from @vvvili and various cases of this issue from other leagues I get the feeling that there may be more to it than an actual "disconnect from xbox live".

Any chance that the network team did any changes to the way that this message is being triggered since patch 1.5? Any Info about official xbox live/ps network outages/malfunctions except the ones we all can see in the status pages?