Jump to content Jump to content

Team Radio not working during some phases of the race/whole race. Is it normal?

DuamutefMC

Sometimes pressing the Team Radio button produces only an interference sound 'krrr!' and nothing else. At times it happens only in some phases of a race, or after you just spoke to Jeff. Some other times (i.e. a race I ran in Singapore yesterday) the team radio is unavailable during the whole race. Is this supposed to be normal? Is this simulating a broken communication system? Please explain, I can't understand... -___-
PumaSpec said:
It's not a bug! Sometimes radio crackles/don't connect in RL.
Sorry man but thats rubbish. They never would build a failure in the game, where you radio is broken. I couldn't ask anything from Lap 5 to Lap 18 in the race because the radio HUD wasn't showed. Thats definitely a bug. Otherwise "Jeff" would told us that the radio was broken or they try to fix it that it works some laps later. But not a whole race.
Same happened to me yesterday during 25% career race in Austria (PC). Jeff was calling me in for scheduled pitstop in L6. I decided to stay out one more lap and did not go in. In the midle of  L7 I pushed the radio button and selected 'box this lap'. Jeff  did not respond at all. After my third attempt he responded 'Understood box this lap'.
I guess he was pissed off me ignoring his call in L6.  
I liked it actually :) 
Hey, I came across a bug in reference to this. I am playing on ps4 and it has happened in career mode and online where I will ask the engineer to box, but he thinks I am asking him to change tyre. Very off putting as I have to re-change the tyre for my next pit stop. 
  • 1 month later...
I ran in to this for the first time last night.
  • PS4 patch 1.7
  • Multiplayer League private lobby at Mexico
  • Assists frozen on Elite
  • 50% race with simulation damage, safety car, equal performance, strict corner cutting
  • G29 and DualShock4 with stock PS4 earpiece/microphone plugged into DS4. I use voice commands for the pit
During my first stint everything was OK. The last command I was able to give the pits was "Box this lap". I pitted, got my tires changed, and when I went back out I tried a voice "Full race update". Nothing. "Driver in front". Nothing. "Driver behind". Nothing. Then I also noticed that when pressing square (my pit menu communication button) the mini-menu wouldn't even pop up. I just got the radio crackle but no commands were obeyed and no mini-menu was appearing. This continued for the rest of the race.

I also got a strategy change suggestion from the pits but I couldn't even confirm that or keep current strategy either.

As @ElCapitanAsh states, it's not life or death, but what if I wanted to change my tire strategy at the last stop? Since the mini-menu wasn't working I couldn't change the tire compound for my next stop.

Archived