Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game is pretty good but is there any chance we'll get an AI difficulty between Expert & Legend?

I'm really enjoying this years game. Did not expect that anymore after all these years of disappointments. So pretty well done, CM, really!

On the other hand, the main problem is, as many people already pointed out, that the gap between Expert and Legend is too big. I'm stuck between these two difficulty levels. So here is a simple question for @Lozzy or @Britpoint:

Do you - at least - consider to give us an AI level between Expert and Legend in any upcoming patches or is there no chance for anything like that?

It would be really nice if we could get an answer to that so that there's something we can look forward to and do not have to stop playing. Because this is what I already have to do since I'm too fast for Expert and too slow for Legend.

(And before anybody asks: No, I do not drive with assists, so disabling assists is no option for me).

Thank you very much in advance.

They allready confirmed there is coming a difficulty between expert and legend in a patch....

Tourgott said:
Really? Any source?
Would be fantastic. Thanks.

Lozzy said:
Expert and Legend will not be changing, the plan is to add a new difficulty option in between those two. We've got most of the work done but we need to generate some data to finish it off and that takes a while for all the team, weather and track combinations.

Runalf said:
Tourgott said:
Really? Any source?

Lozzy said:
Expert and Legend will not be changing, the plan is to add a new difficulty option in between those two. We've got most of the work done but we need to generate some data to finish it off and that takes a while for all the team, weather and track combinations.
That would be glorious. I too fall into the range between Expert and legend, and it made me kind of lose interest even though the career mode is excellent aside from that.

Looking forward to a new difficulty. I can get within 5 tenths of my teammate on legend but only on the 'perfect lap' and after spending ages on setups, otherwise I'm at least a second distant.

Looking forward to a new difficulty. I can get within 5 tenths of my teammate on legend but only on the 'perfect lap' and after spending ages on setups, otherwise I'm at least a second distant.
Use aaravas setups, and you won't have a problem on legend 

naim786 said:
Use aaravas setups, and you won't have a problem on legend 

I have tried his Setups, but they make me slower.

Not because they are bad Setups, they just don't suit my driving style.

(PS4) Also between hard and expert.On hard in Australia i can top Q1 in the HAAS with a 1:30:777 with Nico 2nd on a 1:31, if i exit to main menu then change it to Expert my 1:30.554 sees me 17th with Nico 1st on a 1:28. The only assist i have is Med traction and anti lock brakes (while i get used to my new csr elite pedals). But regardless of assists or how fast i am, the times i set are almost identical but the times for the AI are WAY lower for just a jump of 1 difficulty setting. Its stopped me playing the game as i can either thrash my rival on hard or barely keep up on expert.

I feel like it should be more suited to times and not opponent results. Ultimate should be what real f1 lap times are. And AI should have race set ups. 
I feel for some players there is no grip and turn in. I've tried identical lines and set ups on TT as others and I just have less turn in and less grip. Straight up. It just doesn't make any sense. I so wanna get into this game but I turn it on and do 20-30 laps trying all manner of set ups and I still just clock identical times. Tried all hints and tips other players with fast times have told me. And still slide like its a Manor on ice without a front wing 

(PS4) Also between hard and expert.On hard in Australia i can top Q1 in the HAAS with a 1:30:777 with Nico 2nd on a 1:31, if i exit to main menu then change it to Expert my 1:30.554 sees me 17th with Nico 1st on a 1:28. The only assist i have is Med traction and anti lock brakes (while i get used to my new csr elite pedals). But regardless of assists or how fast i am, the times i set are almost identical but the times for the AI are WAY lower for just a jump of 1 difficulty setting. Its stopped me playing the game as i can either thrash my rival on hard or barely keep up on expert.
I feel like ps4 is slower. PC with pad is fastest. I think there are actual unintended technical differences 

Hulk said:
I feel like ps4 is slower. PC with pad is fastest. I think there are actual unintended technical differences 
Even if it was, the point is not the difference in platforms nor the difference in what control type you use, its the 3 sec gap between the hard and expert AI that i have seen while only changing one thing and thats the difficulty. If a setting in between expert and legend is being done then i think there should be one between hard and expert. A middle ground between the 2 would be a 1.5 second increment up from hard then i could see my 1:30ish getting me to 9th or 10th with pole being around a 1;29ish, exactly where the HAAS should be

Hulk said:
Even if it was, the point is not the difference in platforms nor the difference in what control type you use, its the 3 sec gap between the hard and expert AI that i have seen while only changing one thing and thats the difficulty. If a setting in between expert and legend is being done then i think there should be one between hard and expert. A middle ground between the 2 would be a 1.5 second increment up from hard then i could see my 1:30ish getting me to 9th or 10th with pole being around a 1;29ish, exactly where the HAAS should be
Not needed.  I started  this game trying expert first.  I've had this game for 2 weeks and the first time I thought expert was too hard,  I was qualifying last ,etc, after a couple days I was in the middle of the pack and then after one week I qualified 1st and won the race on expert.  Then I tried legend again and I qualified 6th.  I'm thinking the 1 second difference between legend and ultimate will be harder to get over.

Hulk said:
I feel like it should be more suited to times and not opponent results. Ultimate should be what real f1 lap times are. And AI should have race set ups. 
I feel for some players there is no grip and turn in. I've tried identical lines and set ups on TT as others and I just have less turn in and less grip. Straight up. It just doesn't make any sense. I so wanna get into this game but I turn it on and do 20-30 laps trying all manner of set ups and I still just clock identical times. Tried all hints and tips other players with fast times have told me. And still slide like its a Manor on ice without a front wing 
Problem with doing it on lap time basis is there is development. So where do you peg the real lap times? At the end of the development or the beginning?

Runalf said:
Tourgott said:
Really? Any source?

Lozzy said:
That would be glorious. I too fall into the range between Expert and legend, and it made me kind of lose interest even though the career mode is excellent aside from that.
Agree everything apart from the AI pace is excellent. Few things to iron out but that's nothing unusual. Currently stuck perfectly in the middle between Legend and Ultimate AI 0.5s too slow or fast depending on the setting :(

Ive found Lozzy's suggestion of racing on the lower difficultly but just running the engine on lean a huge help. Ok so its not ideal and you definitely can change your driving style due to the lack of power to the rear wheels but ive restarted my career. In the HAAS Melbourne i quailed 10th finshed 8th because of a late retirement in front of me. Just started next race, after P1 im sitting 12th. Again, its only a quick fix but it works. And lets be honest, due to the amount of work involved in changing the AI times on all tracks in all weather and variables of R&D we won't be seeing a difficultly slider in this years game. 

After reviewing tiametmarduks difficulty review video, the biggest gap appears between hard and expert, at least for silverstone.  Over 2 seconds in fact.  The difference between expert and legend was under 2 seconds.  

Perhaps the the differences are more noticeable at other tracks?  Would be nice to see a spreadsheet showing the time differences at all tracks, but I'm too lazy to do it

I have the same problem between Hard and Expert, i won easily every GP on Hard (McLaren) and have no Chance on Expert with Mercedes or Ferrari, that's really frustrating. Codemasters should fix this problem

I also have this problem between Hard and Expert. Game is completely unenjoyable coming 3rd in a Manor after 3 races or being constantly 1.5secs behind your teammate and dead last, unable to catch up with cars that are supposed to be worse than yours even when the car has been upgraded.

Seen that they're planning a new difficulty for people whose skill lies between Expert and Legend, and my heart sank. What about the rest of us? Check Reddit, Racedepartment or Steam and this issue lies in more areas than just Expert>Legend.

I had the same problem but I changed my TCl to medium and now I am making few mistakes per lap and it's really enjoyable this way...Before that I finished 5th in Russia with few upgrades on Expert and TC full and and ABS on...Now  when I do a quick race with one small change to assists(TC=medium)...my best place was 12th place...So change the assists and it will be more challenging