Sign in to follow this  

How do I know which keys do what on the keyboard ??

All the options for replay and selections are numbered instead of what my keyboard actually is. I know F1 is like select as an example. I have to guess at what the numbers are associated to what keys.

Do you have a controller plugged in to your PC? I have noticed that sometimes certainly with moer modern games that if you have a controller plugged in it refers to buttons on the controller. To fix it you'd have to disconnect it.

@sjsharp2010‌  No need for that, though CM uses its totally outdated code for doing that... Depending on how you enter the game, these buttons are displayed. If enter on keyboard, you get these shown, no matter what you use. If you press A or whatever on the gamepad, these buttons are shown until you restart the game.
Unfortunately it doesn't switch on the fly, depending on the last given input, as this is done in nearly every game that support controllers today (for the past 4 or 5 years!).

@Topic don't really know, as I only use gamepad and never watched a replay so far.

Photonik said:
@sjsharp2010‌  No need for that, though CM uses its totally outdated code for doing that... Depending on how you enter the game, these buttons are displayed. If enter on keyboard, you get these shown, no matter what you use. If you press A or whatever on the gamepad, these buttons are shown until you restart the game.
Unfortunately it doesn't switch on the fly, depending on the last given input, as this is done in nearly every game that support controllers today (for the past 4 or 5 years!).

@Topic don't really know, as I only use gamepad and never watched a replay so far.

well I've always had to do that whenever it's done that on my games.  It's happened to me too not on Autosport mind you but certainly on other games.

I have a G25 hooked up and cannot play a racing title without a wheel. It would seem counter intuitive. The issue is I have no idea what some of the numbers refer to on the keyboard.

When you start the game do you press enter (or a button) on the wheel or the keyboard?

I start the game with KB.

G25 should be like G27 so f1 and f2 do some things #16 17 I think and the arrow keys (not num pad) for the gui navigation, Paddles do stuff as well and wheel rotation spins the car view, enter esc- select/fwd back.

I assigned all 6 buttons on the wheel for views and hand brake. I think! I can do everything required in the game :)

If you're playing with a wheel we'd always recommend you start the game with the wheel itself :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. When I start the game It says to press start or enter. I have no start button so I press enter. I have a G25 wheel minus the H pattern shifter. Not sure what you mean by start using the wheel itself to start the game Loore. Are you saying push a button on the wheel instead of the enter key? If so I have tried that as well. There should be some sort of legend to allow players to know what keyboard keys refer to the numbers in game.