Jump to content Jump to content

AI coming out the pits at the end of qualifying.

Beans_

As the title says the AI come out of the pits with 40 seconds to go on the clock. It's impossible for them to set a lap time and it just wrecks any chance you have of setting a lap towards the end of qualy ? Is this a glitch or bug or what. I am on ps4 and I was playing online at the time ! 
This has happened plenty of times back on F1 2009. Back then I would advance time to the point where you wouldn't have anytime at all to set a lap, only hear at least 8 engines being fired up.

I haven't had a chance to play F1 2016, but going off previous titles this hasn't happened at all, and is somewhat of a rare occurrence. If it happens all the time, I would say it is a glitch and you shouldn't really worry about it too much. 
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Codemasters Staff
We had a look in to this issue before and didn't find any obvious issue. Are you always seeing this issue? If you are can you tell me what you do during the session, do you accelerate time or not for example? Do you do one, run two or three? If you have a video of the whole session you could upload to YouTube that would be really helpful.
hi @lozzy happens both accelerating the time, both running on the track, last minute and a half out of 5 or 6 vehicles, depends on the circuits, creating chaos on the track because is very slow, stopping vehicles AI in fast lap.
here is a video in Spanish GP. We see coming out 4/5 vehicles last minute and half. sorry for my english
https://youtu.be/OpW6YAt6dKw
wow that's annoying. the game needs to be coded so that cars won't leave the pits IF there is under 2 minutes to go in the qualy session.
Or an average hot lap time for the particular circuit +20 SECONDS. They need to head out before that time.
  • Codemasters Staff
mixmax83 said:
Good morning @lozzy you can set a limit of two minutes from the exit of the pitlane to fix this bug?
Interesting idea but such a crude rule wouldn't work. At Austria in the dry it would be possible to get out and start a hot lap with two minutes on the clock, but at Singapore in the wet even two and a half minutes might not be enough. We do a calculation which looks at the expected lap time, plus an amount of time to leave the pit lane plus a little bit more to allow for traffic. That should prevent cars going out too late in a session. Clearly something is happening to break that calculation. That the issue occurs is not up for debate, the videos clearly show the problem.

What I would like to know is the following.

1. Are you always seeing this issue in every qualifying session you complete? I suspect the answer here should be no and that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, unless you're always doing the thing that makes it happen!
  2. If you are can you tell me what you do during the session, do you accelerate time or not for example? Have you saved mid session and then come back to the game later?
  3. If you have a video of the whole session you could upload to YouTube that would be really helpful too. Just seeing the problem proves it exists but we need to figure out why and a video might help with that

hi @lozzy here's a full video. yes, this bug  happens in every session complete, only in Short Qualifying, in quick race- championship season and career.  Also in belgian gp the vehicles come out of the pits from 2 minutes at the end.
I used the accelerated time, but this bug happens also with normal time.
I noticed that vehicles leaving the pitlane from 2min:15sec. to 1:40 sec., it depends on the length of the track.
It happens both in dry and in wet track.  
https://youtu.be/zeWR0GgvblU

Archived