F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Codemasters read! Broadcast before Online Races?

It would be very cool if a short version of the broadcast would be able to turn on before a online race. We had this stuff already in F1 2015 and it was very cool for the feeling especially on online leagues, where the commentator introduce the weekend and the track. Is it possible to bring this thing back with a patch? It' has so less feeling without scenes from me as a driver when i achieve something in online (league racing) and there are only the result screens and thats it.

ItsEcke said:
Can you explain better? What short version? What broadcast?
Broadcast= The introduction from the commentators before the race. The part where Crofty (Sky Sports commentator) talk about the current track, the corners and then the grid positions.

In Career mode there is a long version, where Crofty and Davidson talk longer and more about the drivers or stuff. With short Version i mean, the introduction like in F1 2015 and as i explain above: Crofty talk about the current track and welcome the "viewers" to the weekend. Its only a little thing but it makes a huge difference, because there is so much feeling when you start a league race with this compare to directly from loadscreen to the car.

they got rid of those things on purpose and for a very good reason imho, that being to speed up the online experience by not losing precious time waiting for others watching the intros.

@D4rio is correct, we wanted Multiplayer to be streamlined this year.

Lozzy said:
@D4rio is correct, we wanted Multiplayer to be streamlined this year.
Thats very sad in my opinion. Especially without a Driver cheering his achieve After a race, what we have For years now. Now we play a online race, see the result and this was it. No real feeling to be honest. F1 2015 was horrible in online but this thing with crofty was one of the best things and now its gone again.

A option to turn this on or off would be perfect in my opinion.

Was it really that immersive/important? The first few times it was cool but then everybody skipped it because it was literally, "Welcome to the _____ racetrack/grandprix and the cars are lined up ready to go!" then the majority of people that skipped had to wait for the people who watched it for the race to start. It gets repetitive after a small sum of time and loses it's importance in multiplayer.

Was it really that immersive/important? The first few times it was cool but then everybody skipped it because it was literally, "Welcome to the _____ racetrack/grandprix and the cars are lined up ready to go!" then the majority of people that skipped had to wait for the people who watched it for the race to start. It gets repetitive after a small sum of time and loses it's importance in multiplayer.

yeah it's OK for Single player as you can play at whatever pace suits you but in multiplayer you really need everybody ready at the same time really. So I can certainly undrestahnd why the decision was made.

As I said, then it would be good if there would be atleast a option to turn this on and off. Because from my league I know that everybody loved that feature and in league you only race once on a circuit per season. So for custom lobby's an option wouldn't be a problem.