Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PC VERSION----- WHY DOES MY GAME START WITH "PRESS X or Y or A" I DO NOT HAVE A CONSOLE VERSION???

UGH!! Sometimes when i start my PC VERSION of the game..i am greeted with Press X or Y or A...

I have the PC version...not a console version... why do I see this?

I press all the buttons on my Fanatec Clubsport F1 wheel...and all the keys on my keyboard..yet nothing happens and I have to ctrl-alt-del out of the game...

Seriously...

It's a super annoying bug that was introduced in 2015 and somehow made its way over to the 2016 game too. No word from Codemasters about it either :(

horrible bug. pls fix this
why do I need a number of characters to express my mind?

because you dont know what to press on PC, this is for consoles.
you have to guess which button is right.

Hi all, this isn't something we've come across during testing. Can you tell me if you have any other perphierals connected to your PCs like headsets or keyboards with macro buttons or anything like that please.

I have a momo wheel, logitech keyboard, steelseries mouse, flight hotas stick.
the keyboard logitech g105 has macro functions.

Could you try booting the game with all of those disconnected. I'd be interested to know if that fixes the issue. The Keyboard and the flight stick would be the most obvious candidates.

will try later at home. it happens sometimes mids in the race, or in the box menue. its not always from the beginning like the topic creators problem.

@AnthonyLee59 have you tried without the keyboard and mouse plugged in but with the wheel and without the wheel but with the keyboard and mouse?

I have a couple of observations. I run a PC with a G27 wheel. The game always expects that I am using a controller, so I am always told to press A, X, Y, etc., and have just gotten to know which buttons it wants me to press (the A, X, Y, etc is the dpad). If, however, I press any key on the keyboard, it will change from the controller keys to the keyboard keys. For example, it will change from saying press RT to press F6. If you go into the settings and make custom changes to your controllers, the last one you choose will end up being your primary controller. For example, if I go into the settings and select the keyboard and do a custom setup for the keyboard and then exit, the game will think I'm using the keyboard as the primary controller and the wheel will not work at all. So if I want to change a keyboard key, I go into the keyboard setup, make the change. Then I immediately select the G27, select custom, make no change and then exit. Since the G27 was the last controller touched, it becomes the primary controller.  To be fair to CM, they do tell you that you are replacing your controller settings when you make setting changes, but it's easy to misunderstand what that really means. If you make changes in the XML file for your controllers, those will probably get overwritten with a future patch or a Steam verification. If you use the in-game custom setup screens, those are preserved outside the XML and will work no matter what happens with future patches. Custom changes in-game do not get written to the XML file. 

i have seen this, i dont have a Y or A button

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/45012/pc-logi-dfp-wheel-works-but-on-screen-menu-buttons-show-xbox-buttons#latest

do we really have to unplug keyboards to launch the game ?

yes, im starting the game via my Logi DFP

Same thing, I have a Fanatec CSW V2 with F1 rim. It shows Xbox control reference on screen until you touch the keyboard, to type in a saved setup or something then it changes to keyboard icons. As soon as any button is touched on the wheel it reverts back to xbox icons. This is frustrating when in screens like watching other drivers during practice or qualy as it indicates press RB or LB for next and previous driver which of course the wheel doesn't have but a pad does. It is actually referring to F5 or F6 which the LB and RB logos will change to as soon as you touch any button on the keyboard.

No other USB devices other than keyboard and mouse plugged in. PC version of the game.

Have had to resort to putting colored stickers on the wheel by the appropriate buttons just to make sure I can get to where I need to go in menus.

I was under the impression this was fixed in the latest patch, it hasnt been, I am still getting it (PC, G27).
F1 or F2 or enter are the usual keys to go for, as above, it fixes for the session after the first selection.

Stil getting the problem even after the patch..

Glad to see it isnt just me.

I guess after all it is a console port and not a dedicated PC game.

I see the same thing all the time with my G27. The buttons to navigate the menus are already confusing enough, this just makes it more frustrating. 

I'd appreciate it (this is my third mention of it here) if someone could tell me how to choose Jeffs alternate strategy, I can get to the single line option, but it has a '7' next to it.
I also continue to get the x/y's etc. G27, PC

must be simple
Check (if G27) show G27 buttons
if controller show controller buttons
if keyboard show keyboard buttons
etc....
else crash game give player refund.

@Lozzy this F1 2016 bug has been present since F1 2015 (F1 2014 and prior were fine). I see it with a T300 RS + Windows 10 with no other peripherals plugged in.

This is actually a pretty serious problem in my case. Several people like to use my PC and many are casual users and they enjoy the F1 games. This makes memorizing which physical T300RS (PS4 rim) buttons map to the corresponding Xbox ABXY pretty difficult. Matching the exact rim (PS4 in my case) would be ideal, but just using the Windows-identified numerical labels that every other game seems to use would be fine. What isn't fine are the distracting/misleading Xbox labels. 

Please fix this!

Any development on this...its still happening...

Just had a game...worked fine..closed the game then opened it up again and was greeted by X Y A....

Still happening...is this being looked into at all????

When it happens all i do is close the game and then open it and its gone...