Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferrari 458 Thrustmaster steering problem

Hi can anyone help me, my pedals work and so do the buttons on the steering wheel but when I turn it does not register 

Your talking about the standard 458 wheel, which doesn't have force feedback right? You may have to turn it a fair way before the car turns, but you will get used to it. I know this because I had one, and so turning the wheel a fair way will turn the car a little bit. Try practising to get used to it. 

It does not read the steering at all lol I don't know if I need some sort of update? As the buttons work on it but the car does not turn at all when I turn it. Yeah I have the standard 458 the red and black one, thanks for your reply I think I will have to trade it back to the store and get a Logitech one even though I would of loved to use the 458 but steering don't work 

Most games don't actually recognise it as a wheel, but as a controller. In the wheel settings menu, create custom buttons and map the steering. This way the wheel will work, you just need to map it in the wheel settings.

You know how to do that, right? 

I don't know how to do that, I'm trying to get it working on forza 3, could you send me some settings to set it to so I can try and see if it then works? And I don't have the same one as you it looks the same but it has red leather I think it's 1 version lower than yours 

I was going to buy a Logitech one today but it cost twice as much, is it even worth it when I can get this one to work ? I might just have to set it to certain settings to get it working, also Forza horizon 3 recognises that a steering wheel is plugged in its just that when I steer the wheel the car does not turn at all. Pedals work fine and so do the buttons on the steering wheel

Oh so it's Forza, not F1 2016?! I read somewhere that you can't change the control config, but I don't have the game yet. Also this forum is devoted to games made by Codemasters, not ones by Microsoft so ask them.

Your wheel should work with other racing games when you set it up, but only those that allow you to map the buttons.

In regards to buying a Logitech, only buy one that you will use all the time. If you use it every now and then don't buy a high end one, as it isn't really worth it.

Yeah I'm trying to play it on Forza Horizon 3, I can play with the settings I just don't know what to put them on. I'm going to try the wheel on forza Motorsport 6 and see if it works.