Sign in to follow this  

Boycott?yeah right!!

Ive been a codies follower since tiff needell did a xmas top gear report in 1996 on toca,ive been annoyed and irritated by cm a few times over the years,but,to say"lets all boycott"is sillyness,is their one person amongst us,and lets face it we are all codies groupies,who can honestly say that they will boycott the game?maybe some of the pc players may stick to it for a few weeks,but really we all know that we are getting it asap!dont we?arent we?

The worst I'll do it wait for online reviews once the game hits the stores but I know I'll just pre-order it anyway as I always do.  I like the games and I don't expect them to be perfect.  These days people say such nasty things about the products they love.

very true,i accept the f1 games,flaws and all,they may mot be perfect but they are the best we have on console.

Agree with all of you, but they have to raise the bar this time around, particularly online where league admins like me are at their wit's end herding people in and out of lobbies and running "mock Safety Car race starts" just because people disconnect from qualifying all the time. There is some potentially serious competition coming too.

after 2011 I have stopped buying the game when its released for these reasons.

1, why pay 60bucks for an update of the last years game when you will get it for 15bucks after xmas, no brainer.

2, the season will almost be finished so there is no rush to start a career to run in time with the real season.

3, the very few patches they will provide will be applied by xmas so why ruin the game by playing it while its still barely in a decent beta test state.

4, the only way companies listen is when shareholders don't like the results in profits it doesn't matter what customers think so logically if you vote with your wallet and keep it in your pocket then codies will soon enough listen to what we have to say or lose us all forever and its been happening since 2012 look at the sales.

5, look at the way codies treat there customers, look whats happening to grid, the choices of the company not to use next gen for grid autosport is baffling me and the secrecy surrounding 2014 is just bad pr, if they game does get released in September who is going to know about it?? its only 2 months away and not 1 single piece of information is available so I wouldn't be surprised if f1 2014 sold as little as grid autosport upon release.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. 

I think this quote applies,I agree but I don't think that enough of us can resist the urge,hands up,me included.sorry,dammm codies,plus an f1 addiction!

Well this time I will have to boycott the game, I have no other choice. There is no version I can play without having to buy new hardware. Codies have cut me off of my yearly dose of F1 gaming. 

BelgiumDude said:

Well this time I will have to boycott the game, I have no other choice. There is no version I can play without having to buy new hardware. Codies have cut me off of my yearly dose of F1 gaming. 

And it's their fault you can't be arsed to go out and pick up a PS3/360 for 100 quid?

No they haven't, if you have had a yearly dose of F1 gaming then you must of had a platform which would have been capable of running 2014, i.e ps3, xbox 360, or pc.

F1 2014 is coming out on those platforms

Codemasters didn't steal your console, nor did they force you to sell it, you cut yourself off from your yearly dose of F1 gaming

MarkDavis94 said:

No they haven't, if you have had a yearly dose of F1 gaming then you must of had a platform which would have been capable of running 2014, i.e ps3, xbox 360, or pc.

Codemasters didn't steal your console, nor did they force you to sell it, you cut yourself off from your yearly dose of F1 gaming

Excuse me? I asked Steve several times if I should keep my PS3 for F1 2014. Got no reply. So don't blame me. I would have kept it if Steve would have answered, so yes it's their fault. 

Stop blaming users for the mistakes of codemasters!

MarkDavis94 said:

Excuse me? I asked Steve several times if I should keep my PS3 for F1 2014. Got no reply. So don't blame me. I would have kept it if Steve would have answered, so yes it's their fault. 

That is without doubt the stupidest reason I've ever heard to sell a console. For the love of God plese tell me you're troling.

I will not boycott the game, I am more mature than that even though I am upset at some of the things. 

MarkDavis94 said:

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read on these forums. You have NO ONE but yourself to blame for selling YOUR PS3. CM didn't force you to sell it did they?!

Could you please refrain from insulting users on this forum? What the hell is wrong with you people? I have an opinion and if it doesn't matches yours this doesn't mean you should start insulting people!

Really! What the hell is wrong with you people?!

MarkDavis94 said:

TOP FUCKING LEL

How can you be this stupid. Steve Hood has no obligation to reply to you, and on top of that you knew Codemasters said they can't give information away. There is literally no one but yourself to blame, him not confirming if it was on ps3 or not is not the same as him confirming it is not on PS3

And again! What the hell is wrong with you people! Stop insulting people that you do not agree with! It says much more about you than about me!

What insult?

"Troll", "stupid". Really guys, this is not the proper way to communicate with people you don't even know. It's just dead wrong!

Is this your first ever day on the internet or a forum?

Nope, that's why I ams asking what is wrong you people!

Whatever, if you want to fuel your hate on the internet to free your mind of your daily frustration, fine by me. Go ahead. It won't change my mind. No F1 2014 for me. Go ahead and buy F1 2013 remastered for old tech. The joke is on you and you know it.

I'm leaning more towards getting it but need more details first on the career mode changes before deciding on it.