Sign in to follow this  

Boycott?yeah right!!

True, and initially I was a little bit surprised as well but like you say they will do so when they are ready. Much better to have a quality product released later than a rushed one earlier. A lot of the complaining about it though is still somewhat baffling. They have already announced they're releasing on next gen so I fail to see what people's problems are other than their own impatience. From what I gather, and since the next gen game hasn't been given a title yet, is that it will be much like F1:Championship Edition on the PS3. I think it will be the 2014 season with the 2015 season being added in and updated as the year goes by. Maybe that could be a reason they've taken so long to announce the game since it wouldn't just be one season. But that's just me speculating. I could well be, or probably am a long way off the mark.

True, and initially I was a little bit surprised as well but like you say they will do so when they are ready. Much better to have a quality product released later than a rushed one earlier. A lot of the complaining about it though is still somewhat baffling. They have already announced they're releasing on next gen so I fail to see what people's problems are other than their own impatience. From what I gather, and since the next gen game hasn't been given a title yet, is that it will be much like F1:Championship Edition on the PS3. I think it will be the 2014 season with the 2015 season being added in and updated as the year goes by. Maybe that could be a reason they've taken so long to announce the game since it wouldn't just be one season. But that's just me speculating. I could well be, or probably am a long way off the mark.

exactly that's what I'm thinking about the first next gen game.  After last year with Grid 2 and F1 2013 which I felt were both rushed and not really working as designed. I think that's the main reason why CM has tried to rethink their strategy and are taking their time a bit more with this years games to make sure they get things right this time given 2014 is slightly later this year. Autosport is an excellent game compared to Grid 2. I think the AI could use a little tweaking but it's minor and in general Autosport pretty much has nailed it. I hope 2014 performs in a similar manner and given they've rescaled the difficulty settings I'm guessing it will. Will be interesting to find out more on the career mode refinements because the career mode was getting a bit stale so definitely needed some improvements.. I think they'll get it right as they don't make too many mistakes generally.

At least with the next gen consoles it should be easier to correct those mistakes if and when they show up as well as update the game on the fly given they do rely more on internet connections to work unlike their predecessors so hopefully that'll help CM sort things out a little bit faster in future. It sounds like that's what they're counting on anyway.

MarkDavis94 said:

Well this time I will have to boycott the game, I have no other choice. There is no version I can play without having to buy new hardware. Codies have cut me off of my yearly dose of F1 gaming. 

No they haven't, if you have had a yearly dose of F1 gaming then you must of had a platform which would have been capable of running 2014, i.e ps3, xbox 360, or pc.

F1 2014 is coming out on those platforms

Codemasters didn't steal your console, nor did they force you to sell it, you cut yourself off from your yearly dose of F1 gaming

Excuse me? I asked Steve several times if I should keep my PS3 for F1 2014. Got no reply. So don't blame me. I would have kept it if Steve would have answered, so yes it's their fault. 

Stop blaming users for the mistakes of codemasters!

LOL, oh my god. You are so self entitled that u believe they would respond to a single individual, simply because you asked and clearly you are the only one that asked and...I am hoping you are a prepubescent, otherwise...wowser.

Could you please refrain from insulting users on this forum? What the hell is wrong with you people? I have an opinion and if it doesn't matches yours this doesn't mean you should start insulting people!

Really! What the hell is wrong with you people?!

Yes, but, when you somehow blame someone else for you not getting to play the games the way you want them, u are going to cop it.

OMG! If this is the way you communicate I'll adapt. Ok bunch of morons. I made the smart move and sold my PS3 for more money than I would get today for it. And yes after the F1 2014 announcement I would have sold it today if I had kept it for F1 2014.

I really don't understand what you people are on about. Next gen would have meant a total new game, now it's just the same as last years with some little design fixes and a very easy mode! I would have been stupid if I had kept my console and paid again €50 (or even more) for a game that I already played and this year with even less content.

No really you guys are the stupid morons and codemasters will pay the price for it. Less copies will be sold than last year and last year was already not a good year for the F1 game.

The dumbest people are the ones that are defending a game that hasn't improved.

U are most amusing, doing a runner and coming back only to continue to blame someone else. Even the dumbest of us will point out, when u recognise when u lost, and when u then say u are out of here, DO NOT COME BACK CHAMP!