Sign in to follow this  

2016 Idonthaveawittycaptionsorry Malaysian Grand Prix

This race will probably be better than the one in the Grand Prix Manager thread. Hopefully instead of Montoya and Hakkinen tagging each other, the Mercedes will and maybe someone else can win.

**** ****** ****** *****!

If Rosberg doesn't win the Championship from this then he doesn't deserve to be in F1

It is simply not meant to be for Lewis this season. I know who was the quicker of the two and who will be WDC. Unfortunately not the same person.

Nice one, had a nice bet on a red bull 1-2 and now its time to collect the spoils and go shopping.

Have a nice day girls.

Lewis is seeing ghosts.

To be honest, after dancing a bit I felt a little bit of pain for Lewis there. Didn't do a thing wrong all weekend and then that happens, bit of a shame.

Riccardo though, gwan ya boy ye

Ricciardo's move to defend against Verstappen was the move of the season maybe, was absolutely convinced Max passed him, but that right there gave him the win. Deserves it too, has had some wins "stolen" from him and overall is having another great season.

Also, heard that Hamilton is actually suggesting he's being sabotaged. If true, then he's completely lost it.

Jiggy said:
Also, heard that Hamilton is actually suggesting he's being sabotaged. If true, then he's completely lost it.
I saw that quote. I personally think it's Hamilton just commenting on the absurdity of his situations this year, akin to the Ali G "maybe's it's cause I'm black" comment he made in Monaco in 2011. Not the brightest thing to say, but ehwhatcanyado

I think it's just the emotion, not long after it happened he gets a mic shoved in his face so he's angry. Once he calms down he'll know there's no conspiracy, sadly by saying what he did its given conspiracy theorists ammunition.

Jiggy said:

The british sook Lewis Hamilton at it's best: whining!
Wonder why I have to see this looser everytime I start F1-2016.

I think if there's any conspiracy, I don't think it's a coincidence that Rosberg was handed that penalty after Hamilton blew up. Derek Warwick always was a BNP voter.*

*probably wasn't

I wonder if some of you thought the same about conspiracy theories back when Alonso said "British team, british driver" to describe why he was struggling against Lewis. Or Prost doing the same with Senna because the latter one had a great relationship to the Honda-engineers.

Haha that was brilliant. Well worth waking up at 7:30 for. 

That felt pretty good after having had to watch them dominate since 2014. I guess it shows what a sorry state F1 is in when I get my enjoyment out of burning Mercedes cars.

You do realize they will dominate this season aswell and the fight for the WDC has just gotten an awful lot more one-sided?

At least we can see now how much you must've been hurting those last two years. And who knows, maybe Lewis can turn it around again.

You do realize they will dominate this season aswell and the fight for the WDC has just gotten an awful lot more one-sided?

At least we can see now how much you must've been hurting those last two years. And who knows, maybe Lewis can turn it around again.
Yeah but I'd rather see Rosberg win it anyway. I don't like him any more than Lewis but its nice to see something different for a change.

Maybe he can, I'm still expecting him to win it one way or another, it's far from over. I'm just glad that I didn't have to see another Mercedes victory after waking up relatively early on a Sunday morning. And anyway, most people had no sympathy for Vettel when he retired from the lead before, not that I care if people do or not but its expected that people will be happy to see a dominating driver to retire. It's likely how it was during Schumacher's time too. And if you're a fan of a big team or driver you just have to learn to accept that people will feel that way. 

Mexicola said:
Jiggy said:
I saw that quote. I personally think it's Hamilton just commenting on the absurdity of his situations this year, akin to the Ali G "maybe's it's cause I'm black" comment he made in Monaco in 2011. Not the brightest thing to say, but ehwhatcanyado
Probably not suggest anything like that when it's the only team on the grid that can make you WDC. Like the dude has a brain, he should know how it can come across as.

I knew this place would be a good read after the race. 

Agree with Jiggy on Ricciardo's defense. Would love to see his onboard through turn 5, him and Verstappen looked so close from the one shot we've seen. Rosberg's penalty was a complete joke but at least it didn't impact the result. Oh, and this is now the worst season of Vettel's career. Not in terms of pure performance, but across the board as an average in terms of performance, bad luck and collisions. It's been a really messy year. 

Anyway Lewis can still easily win this title, as I've been saying all season when people (even his own fans) have been writing him off. Take any 5 race segment from this season and there's been a moment which has heavily affected the championship and there's been a big points swing. Chances are we'll get another one or two of those moments in the remaining 5 races. The bonus for Lewis today is that Nico got wiped out at turn 1, so at least he's 10 points better off than he otherwise would've been. 

Couldn't believe it when that Merc ground to a halt, you have to feel sorry for Lewis.

But at the same time, part of me is actually happy because it sets up the final 5 races beautifully. If Lewis won today, he would have been leading the championship by 5 points and he probably would have won the next couple of races (because racing luck naturally ebbs and flows to each driver, and it's Lewis' turn for a bit of it), and clinched it soon enough. However, now being 23 points behind, it makes it that bit more exciting. I am in no doubt whatsoever that Lewis will claw back the points deficit. It happens every season, a driver goes through a phase of poor races and they bounce back, and the driver that looked unstoppable suddenly gets on the back foot.

A superb drive by Ricciardo though, and Verstappen. That driving through T5 and T6 was superb, and I honestly don't think any other combination of drivers would have made it through there in one piece, let alone even attempt it! Really top stuff.

Seb is right about Vettel though, what a messy season. Kimi hasn't had any real stand out performances this season, but he's always been there hanging about in 4th or 5th place, so he picks up consistent points, and that's why he's ahead of Vettel in the championship. He doesn't take risks.

Great job by Alonso too. Another great drive into the points after starting at the back of the grid. He's about 6 places ahead of Jenson in the championship too!

Fantastic race, but that was unfair on Lewis. That could be the Massa at Hungary 2008 moment that costs him the title. Ricciardo was due a bit of luck though.