F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Can't believe I fell for it......

Avoided Codemasters like the plague since mid 2000's.

Had to buy the F1 games as Im a massive fan. All in all complete farce of a series but in fairness 2013 almost got it half right.

Bought GAS......Couldn't believe it. It was a good game, a REALLY good game even. So the AI are complete nutters but other than that I thought my decade boycott of CM had truly come to an end......

Then.....After over 400 races.....Corrupt save file.

Learned a lesson in 2004, and another one in 2014. I'll try you again in another decade, if you're still around.

It's amazing that yet another "save corrupt" problem has hit Codies.  I have had two so far and had to use backups (lost 8 levels in the process.)

After the second shuttle disaster, they actually considering renaming NASA.  It's probably time for Code'Masters' to consider doing the same.  :p

The problem with gaming as with banking is, it's unregulated.

And like bankers...Game developers can screw you, take your money, have the cheek to ask for more and get away scot free.

Codemasters and Capcom are the masters at this practice. Just look at the F1 games CM left broken and refused to patch.

No pride. No integrity...Just digital bankers. Thats all they are.

So you didn't feel the need to come to read forums or Google say any problems with grid autosport I'm sure you would have seen plenty of sites that say things regarding data corruption. But you did tempt fate and push 400 games out , good thing is once patch is live you will get em back . 

So as it being CM fault for have the corrupt data it's your fault also for not looking into things. With mist games nowadays you gotta look into them before you buy unless you don't care like myself I buy day one and just deal with whatever cones up.

It's not his "fault."  It may have been a good idea to research forums (how fun!) to see whether Codies had yet another game save problem but it's hardly his "fault."  Why do so many people feel the need to dump on a fellow consumer?

TheHemps said:

And like bankers...Game developers can screw you, take your money, have the cheek to ask for more and get away scot free.

Codemasters and Capcom are the masters at this practice. Just look at the F1 games CM left broken and refused to patch.

Thats going to change very soon.  New laws going through parliament to sort this kind of crap out.   Get ready for refunds on crap digital media. 

Id like to suggest a rebrand -  FisherPrice,  think thats been done though. 

Cant really be called Code"Masters".....  They haven't mastered anything yet.   Get the team back who made Grid 1,  That might help of the problem.

TheHemps said:

If politicians and regulators weren't sixty years old (or even older) on average, they wouldn't be so dismissive of issues involving video games.  With this generation in power, gaming issues revolve around nudity and violence only.  Wait for some younger and better informed people to get into power and we'll finally get that discussion about consumer rights and interactive entertainment.

In the meantime, Sega, CM and some others will enjoy their freedom to release a broken product and MAYBE fix SOME of it later.

So you didn't feel the need to come to read forums or Google say any problems with grid autosport I'm sure you would have seen plenty of sites that say things regarding data corruption. But you did tempt fate and push 400 games out , good thing is once patch is live you will get em back . 

So as it being CM fault for have the corrupt data it's your fault also for not looking into things. With mist games nowadays you gotta look into them before you buy unless you don't care like myself I buy day one and just deal with whatever cones up.

It is absolutely beyond belief that you just said its not CMs fault for screwing up..Its mine for not knowing they were going to screw up.

It's even further beyond belief that you might even be right a little bit. 

TheHemps said:

Thats going to change very soon.  New laws going through parliament to sort this kind of crap out.   Get ready for refunds on crap digital media. 

Id like to suggest a rebrand -  FisherPrice,  think thats been done though. 

Cant really be called Code"Masters".....  They haven't mastered anything yet.   Get the team back who made Grid 1,  That might help of the problem.

totally agree with this, i said it when greed 2 came out. none of the grid 1 devs are involved with the new games. which is a shame really

why do you guys bother with CM products at all ? Stay away it will save you hassle , and ya tig I did say that and you say "how fun" to read forums, well if he or anyone that's into gaming especially CM games then you would think that people would do research regarding any issues . So in this case blame goes to both parties imo. 

This is my last ever codemasters game. Been a loyal fan for a long long time now. But the online requirements and the xp payout is a joke. If i got a corrupt save file, the disc would be out the window for sure.

Maybe we should start taking things to the next level.Anyone in the UK not happy with the game and all its problems should go here https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact and put in a complaint,I already have stating the problems with this game(and all of the previous games that were not finished before release.

I remember an EA exec getting grilled by Anne Robinson about FIFA(13 i think) and its problems,EA soon sorted things out once the story had made national TV!

Basically,dont bitch about the problems with the game on here,make the devs accountable and do things properly,its the only way we are going to get anywhere!

This is my last ever codemasters game. Been a loyal fan for a long long time now. But the online requirements and the xp payout is a joke. If i got a corrupt save file, the disc would be out the window for sure.

Oh mate....I don't wish the feeling I had when I got that corrupt save message on anyone....Well, maybe I wish it on most CM employees.

I think there are a select few lucky people that dont have this. But every single person I know with this game has the corrupt save file so not to bring a downer on things....But it's probably gonna happen to you. 

Remember when Sim City was released and nobody could play it? It's turning in to that.

DukeAgain said:
Maybe we should start taking things to the next level.Anyone in the UK not happy with the game and all its problems should go here https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact and put in a complaint,I already have stating the problems with this game(and all of the previous games that were not finished before release.

I remember an EA exec getting grilled by Anne Robinson about FIFA(13 i think) and its problems,EA soon sorted things out once the story had made national TV!

Basically,dont bitch about the problems with the game on here,make the devs accountable and do things properly,its the only way we are going to get anywhere!

Done and done. thanks a lot for that.

Here is what I wrote in the ''brief description box''

''Paid £40 for the game plus £2.39 for an add on that I can not use.

The game is in an unplayable condition as the save files become corrupt. This is a common problem and most consumers of the game have had this problem.

Because of the unregulated state of digital downloads I can not get a refund. 

Codemasters are aware of the problem but have so far not fixed it. The first complaints were on the 2nd July 2014 but even after a month nothing has been fixed.

I feel I have no consumer rights in this event and that I have no recourse to take for justice from a company that seems really not to care in which state their products are offered for sale.''

I understand this isn't going to have much of an effect on this specific issue but hopefully these people will stop releasing half finished  games.

F1 2014 still hasn't been announced yet. Maybe they are actually waiting till it's finished till they release it. At least that what Im hoping. If Im wrong, then a spell on Watchdog might get them to think about actually doing that......I very much doubt it though.

Makes me wonder If the already iconic to CM games since they use ego engine 8since Dirt) corrupt savefile problem, is also related to the messy nature of the very engine, or to the fact it is still one of the most unfriendly ones with some pieces of hardware. Or both

This is why I'm okay with games getting delayed, so we can avoid problems like this. Hopefully after the patch, this game won't stress me out again.