Jump to content Jump to content

favourite video game of all time (CONSOLES)

whats your favourite game of all time? and some reasons why.

I have a top 3

1, GTA san andreas (all gta games are good), the graphics at the time on the ps2 and the size of the whole map was amazing, the amount of content, the crazy radio staions and just the bad ass shit you do every minute while playing it meant I played it for well over 1000hours

2, Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Vietnam also), best destruction, stopped me playing cod!, choppers, tanks, 50 cal snipers whats not to like and the maps were amazing, the campaign was good and there were no zombies in sight

3, its a flip up between Gran Turismo (ps) and Project Gotham Racing (xbox),,,,,both great games, probably give it to project gotham just because I could race around my home town and along the very street I stayed in at the time plus the nurburgring in that white Porsche was stunning, I had a top time in the world on time trial after doing over 200 hours just on the ring.

I primarily game on PC mostly because of my disability the PC offers me the most flexibility 

I think it won't really come as a shock to anybody given my avatar as well that my favourite game is the Mass effect series. Just a great series with which I have spent many hours playing and will no doubt spend many more. This is definitely my number 1 right now

My number 2 is probably Star Trek Bridge Commander made in 2002 again a PC game  and like ME your in command of a starship on a mission. The game takes place in the Star Trek universe and you command the Enterprise's sister ship the USS Sovereign. For the first 2 parts of the game you command the Dauntless a Galaxy class starship but this is basically your training vessel for all intensive purposes. Unlike ME though you don't leave your ship you just command from the bridge.

My top console game is probably Fifa as I tend to mostly play sports games on console and don't really use any other games these days. This is probably my number 3

Gran Turismo. Epic range of cars and tracks, awesome graphics, physics and, up to GT6, career mode. Midnight Club deserves a mention as well for its epic awesome car customisation, large career mode and just in general being a properly fun and addictive game.

Oh and V8 Supercars 3 (TOCA 3 I think) for having the V8s, and it's damage was cool.

Probably GTAV, great story, great graphics and gameplay as usual. Really enjoyed online too, and is one of the major reasons why I'm going to get a PS4.

Other games in my top 10 of games I played on consoles. GTASA, GTAVC, Red Dead, MLB The Show, CoD4 & MW2, BFBC2, TOCA Race Driver, PES3-6.

So many great games it's hard to choose. I think for me it was Forza 2 as there was so much to do. I'd never painted/designed car skins before so that was a lot of fun. Also  tuning is some of the best out there imo and no other console sim comes close in that department. I love the GT series but I think Forza is  a lot better. 

Platy said:

Probably GTAV, great story, great graphics and gameplay as usual. Really enjoyed online too, and is one of the major reasons why I'm going to get a PS4.

Other games in my top 10 of games I played on consoles. GTASA, GTAVC, Red Dead, MLB The Show, CoD4 & MW2, BFBC2, TOCA Race Driver, PES3-6.

good choices, I forgot about red dead, great storyline and the graphics and audio were superb, I used to think cod was the best shooter until I played bad company 2 and I have never went back, although I did get ghosts with the ps4 and I must say that opening scene with the space station looks amazing and the fight at the end of the campaign out in space was epic but as a whole nowhere near the level of battlefield4 on next gen. I have never been a fan of football games since they stopped making sensible soccer pmsl im showing my age now!

Metal Gear Solid.

It changed the way I saw gaming. Before that I was playing stuff like Sonic and Crash Bandicoot, but MGS opened my eyes to what video games could be and do. 

Really looking forward to this weekend, one of my oldest friends and I are planning to run through MGS1 - 4 whilst drinking, a lot :)

Metal Gear Solid.

It changed the way I saw gaming. Before that I was playing stuff like Sonic and Crash Bandicoot, but MGS opened my eyes to what video games could be and do. 

Really looking forward to this weekend, one of my oldest friends and I are planning to run through MGS1 - 4 whilst drinking, a lot :)

lol crash bandicoot that's a blast from the past

Well, my favourite game is ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - Awesome game, tons to do, great graphics, just brilliant. If I had to choose another couple they could be ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION or CIVILIZATION V but I am not entirely sure tbh.

I play both Oblivion and Civ V on PC and Skyrim on PC or PS3

Other awesome games:

GTA V

CoD 4

MW2

AC Black Flag

Fallout New Vegas

Mount and Blade: Warband (PC)

Metal Gear Solid.

lol crash bandicoot that's a blast from the past

Indeed, the memories...

Metal Gear Solid. As 'fez said, blew my mind and the whole series, for me, is utterly brilliant on all levels. 

A close second is Pro Evolution Soccer 5. 6 was better gameplay but my mate and I played 5 from the second it was released up to 6. Must of played near enough a thousand matches. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gran Tourismo 4 is probably my favourite, simply because there's so much to do. The only things it could have had would be custom liveries and championships. I've legitimately completed it 100%. Everything.

Minecraft deserves a mention because I still play it, mainly for mods.