Jump to content Jump to content

LEAGUE RACING, IMPOSSIBLE, F1 2016 BROKEN

KAYMP4

G'day guys,
After how well release went, it's a real shame to make a thread like this, however it must be done. My friends from the Aussie Sim Racing (ASR) league hosted Round 2 of our F1 championship to be hit in the face worse than Mark Webber in the 2010 European Grand Prix. The game ruined the race as everyone was experiencing constant yellow flags from start to finish, oh and my game crashed.... twice. This needs to be rectified for there to be any point in the online section of the game. This ruined the race and it is unacceptable codemasters, unacceptable.
Please refer to pomsforthewin87's video here, to see what is going on:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUSM-XEafN0&feature=youtu.be 
Ho3n3r said:
Maybe if you create 2 more threads about it, it'll get fixed...

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/47166/online-is-broken-league-racing-is-impossible#latest
My friend isn't very tech savvy, and was having some issues making the post. Don't ask, I don't get it either. So he asked me to make a post. Then he figured out how to edit it after that. Hence 2 posts.
Well at Atomic Sim Racing (also known as ASR) we did a pre-season test and had no issue, although we ran on PC and with only 4 people. Also if you specify what platform it was on, the Codemasters team should be able to help with your issue, although this is a weird one.
Firstly let me say that I race in XRL on Xbox and aside from some small lag we have had virtually full grids and have had virtually no problems at all so let's give codies some credit there the net code seems pretty stable,have not experienced the yellow flag issue your having but we run with the safety car turned off so maybe you guys might want to think about trying that,I know everyone wants to run with it on because of its potential to spice up a dull race but it just doesn't work the way it should so why run it.The other thing is it seems to me that finding the best host is crucial our first league race was an absolute lag fest so we found the best host and the next 2 races have gone pretty smoothly.
Lag isn't an issue for us either. We had issues with the game actually crashing. We ran 4 social races before starting the season, and they all went rather smoothly. Right before we started the season, a patch came out. Since then, we haven't had a glitch free race. 
Just some extra details on the race. 
No Practice
Short Quali
50% Race
1 or 2 people joined the session during the quali session and someone joined while we were loading into the race.
I was hosting the race and during the Safety Car period (which started on Lap 1 at Turn 4) my game crashed. I was able to rejoin thanks to your new feature (which I love btw) right as the Safety Car came in. From when the SC came in, everyone but me had a full course yellow. Also, if you look at the mini-map at the start of the race, you can see a car who's dot is already greyed out, he pulled to the inside of T1, and stayed there the entire race. I was on Skype with KAYMP4 during the race (he had the yellows out), He restarted his game, joined back, and it had resolved itself. Both mine and his games crashed AGAIN later on during the race. At that time I believe we where the only 2 without the permanent yellows, and we were the only 2 that had the game crash.

I hope this information helps! 

Archived