Sign in to follow this  

Getting bored now - WHERE IS THE PATCH

the more threads about save corrupt the better because it's codeshafters fault for rushing out a game that's full of errors 

With this I am not defending Codemasters, cause your complains have merit, and fixes shouldnt be necessary in the 1st place, although with the complexity of today's games, its basically impossible to do a game 100% without need for fixes. But if you want to have the fixes working as soon as possible, start playing on the PC.

What I am about to say its been written over and over, but maybe only the PC guys understand it: patches for consoles have to be approved and made available by Sony or Microsoft, which means that its out of CM hands after that point. What you should do is to ask your service providers why these processes are so complicated in their respective networks.

PS: A possible explanation why it happens: the main appeal of the console is how easy it is to use and how good it is to have its hardware listed, now both of these things are cool and mean less money on hardware, but are limitations in itself, and you got to live with them, or as I said, buy a PC, which is what you should have done in the 1st place! ;P

BULLSH*T! I should not have to compromise and adjust buying gaming platforms I don't want because M$ and Sony don't seem to care. We buy the consoles and support the very jerks that make it so difficult to let a patch go through in a timely fashion. If M$ and Sony were half as eager to support the patches as they are to sell there products, we would not be having these conversations.

andyparks said:

the more threads about save corrupt the better because it's codeshafters fault for rushing out a game that's full of errors 

Force-some-issues-threads and patch-progress-thread is not same, i cant use forum with tonn of useless garbage, if i see threads with something like "...patch..." i must check it out, read few pages to find something usefull but i cant do it fast, english is not my native languege and i wasting time.

So one closed thread about patch progress will be nice.

what? codies release tt mode but we cannot select all tracks??? i hope its not the same when we finally get tt mode on ps3

What I am about to say its been written over and over, but maybe only the PC guys understand it: patches for consoles have to be approved and made available by Sony or Microsoft, which means that its out of CM hands after that point. What you should do is to ask your service providers why these processes are so complicated in their respective networks.

Well said!

...with the complexity of today's games, its basically impossible to do a game 100% without need for fixes...

Just because it's increasingly uncommon certainly does not mean it's "impossible." It only means that they've been able to get away with taking shortcuts that result in worse quality.

If the scale and/or complexity of their endeavors are too much for them to manage effectively, then they should either dial it back to a level that they can manage effectively, or invest more time & resources into managing it effectively, instead of turning their scope problems into customers' problems with game-breaking defects.

...start playing on the PC... buy a PC, which is what you should have done in the 1st place!...

Enough with the platform wars. We're all gamers here.

...What I am about to say its been written over and over, but maybe only the PC guys understand it: patches for consoles have to be approved and made available by Sony or Microsoft, which means that its out of CM hands after that point. What you should do is to ask your service providers why these processes are so complicated in their respective networks...

Indeed it has been posted over & over, and the idea has also been shot down over & over. 
It does not take a month to get a patch through Microsoft & Sony. It's CodeMasters' decision to delay an immediate patch for corrupt saves in favor of bundling it with multiple updates into a bigger patch later.

Nothing stopped CodeMasters from
selling Grid AutoSport full of defects.
Nothing stopped CodeMasters from selling the Boost Pack DLC.
Nothing stopped CodeMasters from selling the Best of British car pack DLC.
...So I find it hard to believe that Microsoft & Sony are supposedly delaying patches.